Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Service costs - whats kosher?

Options
  • 13-09-2007 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

Had my car serviced today.
    Was a fully yearly service by a non main dealer.
    Total cost was about the €280 mark which wasn't crazy, just the invoice has me curious.

Previously had my cars done by main dealers and they detailed every little thing on there but the labour charges were always huge, as were the parts ones too - but at least knew where exactly I was being fleeced.

The bill for today lists standard stuff like oil, bulbs etc..standard stuff, however there's a €100 euro "service parts" item there too!!

I wanted to query this with the mechanic but reception told me he had gone home for the day already (in fairness it was after 17:00 when i picked up the car).

Did they take me for ride or is this standard practice in peoples experiences?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Is there any chance you can scan the invoice and post it here? Leave out registration, name, address, etc if you like. Service parts and labour can vary greatly depending on age and mileage so it's hard to give you a definitive answer based on what you posted.

I'd be interested to see what the 'service parts' are comprised of.......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

crosstownk wrote:
    Is there any chance you can scan the invoice and post it here? Leave out registration, name, address, etc if you like. Service parts and labour can vary greatly depending on age and mileage so it's hard to give you a definitive answer based on what you posted.

I'd be interested to see what the 'service parts' are comprised of.......

Well that's just the problem, they don't comprise of anything.

There's bulbs, oil, etc and there's "service parts", that's what has me so curious.
    Don't want to appear like a nut if I go back there tomorrow and politely ask just what else they replaced that adds up to €100 .

The car had nothing obviously wrong with it from a driving perspective, nothing needed fixing going in there, it was just a normal scheduled service (car is a couple of years old)..

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement