Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West End: Tickets?

Options
  • 13-09-2007 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm heading over to London next and the gf wants to see a show. I've seen online ticket offices and heard about being able to buy discounted one's over there. Where the best place to get them? Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

All over the West End you will find discount ticket booths that seel off tickets for that days shows at discount prices.
    You won't ge a discount on upcoming shows, only the shows happening that day. But if you go through ticketmaster or the box office, you'll get full price.
    I got two tickets for Chicago, three hours before it started from one of those booths at half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

All over the West End you will find discount ticket booths that seel off tickets for that days shows at discount prices.
    You won't ge a discount on upcoming shows, only the shows happening that day. But if you go through ticketmaster or the box office, you'll get full price.
    I got two tickets for Chicago, three hours before it started from one of those booths at half price.
    TKTS in Leicester square does great deals on the shows they stock, but they don't do them all. The other "official" cut price dealers will take a cut, by charging you a pound or two on the discounts, but they're still cheaper than full price by a long way.

But if you have an ISIC card you should get student tickets, which can be dead cheap for great seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ItsTheMan

Leicester Square is riddled with discount ticket sellers, so I advise you to shop around they are all near enough to one another, relatively new show i.e. Wicked will not be heavily discounted (and personally I would not go to that show, very much like a Pantomine .... Chicago is excellent,, also if it's a nice day chilling about Leicester Sq, is wonderul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Each to their own I guess, but it's nothing like a pantomime. Nothing. Read the book. Have you seen it? Do you know of it?
    PAntomime? It's like a panto in that there's singing and dancing in it. That's about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement