Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to eat in Maynooth?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've found Mohana to be getting progressively dirtier recently, had a seat a few weeks ago beside the internal windows on to the staircase and the blinds were coated with "gunk" (can't think of a better word). I'd avoid it and head to Celbridge if you want Indian.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

The only place I eat at on a regular basis is the Village at Lyons.
    Best place in the area by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 beautytakeaway

Twist Café is now open in the evening time,tapas menu but they have choice of main courses as well.nice and fresh food. And you can bring your own wine without any corkage. I think that's good deal

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I like twist but I often find the staff rude and unfriendly,not all of them but if I am going out for lunch I like friendly staff.
    We must try The Village at Lyons - it looks gorgeous.

Is the new deli @ Greenes good for lunch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Al deMarisco

The deli I go to regularly, it's a breath of fresh air in the town, really good quality food, wholegrain bread is brilliant, sweet crepes are delicious, they also seemed to have changed there coffee brand since they opened and it is by far the best coffee in the town....The restaurant I think is really really good aswell, went there with my parents last Sunday and yet again loved it 10 ounce fillet (can't remember the type but I remember thinking this is the good stuff possibly Angus??) for €23 by a long mile the cheapest I have had, all in all I think the best set-up in the area for lunch or dinner. Ps love the new look restaurant! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

+1 for that 10oz Fillet with gratin! It's very well priced and flippin' delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Tango One

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I like twist but I often find the staff rude and unfriendly,not all of them but if I am going out for lunch I like friendly staff.
    We must try The Village at Lyons - it looks gorgeous.

Is the new deli @ Greenes good for lunch?

I've given up on twist the last few time I found the plates to be chipped and slightly greasy finish to them. The food was still nice though.

Mohana Indian I only had the once and tought it was horrible like it had just came out of jar. Delhi darbar is far nicer.

Newtown Hall Chinese is nice, but tried Lotus for the first time in ages and its a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Went back to Twist for Dinner a couple of weeks back there, forgot how good the food was in there. Very delish. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tango One wrote: »
    I've given up on twist the last few time I found the plates to be chipped and slightly greasy finish to them. The food was still nice though.

Mohana Indian I only had the once and tought it was horrible like it had just came out of jar. Delhi darbar is far nicer.

Newtown Hall Chinese is nice, but tried Lotus for the first time in ages and its a lot better.

Try Royal City, it is better again.

Advertisement