Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Place to eat in Maynooth?

• 13-09-2007 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Bringing a friend out from town tomorrow and looking for somewhere nice we could get a bite to eat around 9/10pm? And not Supermacs please ;) Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Ah there is nothing wrong with SuperMax and a cheeseburger for €2.75 not bad :D

Na when I frist moved up my parents brought me out to the Roost and the food there is really nice but it doesnt suit a student budget.

Also got food in Bradys good few times after matchs with the soccer team and the food there isnt too bad but I dont know the price because I didnt pay :D

I would go with the Roost if I was you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

eamoss wrote:
    Ah there is nothing wrong with SuperMax and a cheeseburger for €2.75 not bad :D

Na when I frist moved up my parents brought me out to the Roost and the food there is really nice but it doesnt suit a student budget.

Also got food in Bradys good few times after matchs with the soccer team and the food there isnt too bad but I dont know the price because I didnt pay :D

I would go with the Roost if I was you!

Thanks Eamoss....do you know what time they stop serving food in the Roost? Would be about 10 when we get out I'd say. What about the Chinese restaurants in the village, do they all stay open late enough? Have never eaten out here. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Donatellos is nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Conar

There's a new Indian restaurant above one of the pubs, Brady's I think, which I've heard is lovely.
    Sorry can't think of the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Conar wrote:
    There's a new Indian restaurant above one of the pubs, Brady's I think, which I've heard is lovely.
    Sorry can't think of the name.

Yeah the indian restraunt is sooo nice! Also there's Ken's Oriental place in Manor Mills which is pretty good, does different asian foods, but I think a bit more expensive, and the only chinese I've been to is the Royal City which is cheap but nice too :)

I'd probably go for the Indian.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much guys, going to go for the Indian :D Are there okay veggie dishes there do you know? And would I have to book in advance on a Friday night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Conar

Yeah, my sister is vegetarian and she loved it.
    We all love Indian and she said it was the nicest she has had in a long time.

Let me know what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Stone Haven ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Gizzle wrote:
    Stone Haven ftw.

Absolutely

Quality restuarant and you can get some exotic dishes there too.
    So far I've Kangaroo, Crocodile and Ostrich there. Been loadsa times and never had a bad meal. U'd wanna book it though cos usually busy

Conar wrote:
    Yeah, my sister is vegetarian and she loved it.
    We all love Indian and she said it was the nicest she has had in a long time.

Let me know what you think.
    Thanks Conar :) Don't need to book in advance for just the two of us around 9.30 though do I? Would it be busy?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Indian is yum in there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

yom 1 wrote:
    Absolutely

Quality restuarant and you can get some exotic dishes there too.
    So far I've Kangaroo, Crocodile and Ostrich there. Been loadsa times and never had a bad meal. U'd wanna book it though cos usually busy
    Kangaroo?Interesting....How much would that set you back?Might be nice to try something really different.

Thanks very much guys, very impressed with it. Lovely food and really nice place. Thanks for the head's up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I love that place, great Vegetarian dishes. Really nice place to go with someone for a nice, rosemantic meal. Yum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Hairspray

whats the food like on campus?worth spending your money on or should you bring your own lunch?

Hairspray wrote:
    whats the food like on campus?worth spending your money on or should you bring your own lunch?
    Campus food is grand tho a bit expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

eamoss wrote:
    Campus food is grand tho a bit expensive.

are ya joking??campus food is terrible esp the canteen, the students union bar food is also terrible. Every election campaign always promises to sort it out to get votes and never does!! Obriens is nice but after all its obriens its the same wherever you go!

Stonehaven i would def recommend its pricey but its worth it every know and again. Wasnt impressed with bradys last time i was there it was so bad id even prefer supermacs!!

TBH with you iv only ever gotten a fry in the canteen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I'm sorry, I think the Stone Haven is absolutely crap. The food is average, small portions and high prices. I hope you didn't go.

If you like Chinese, the Royal City is reasonably priced and the staff are fantastic. If you want pub grub then the Roost offers large main courses from €8 upwards. If you want a treat, try the Lemongrass in the Glenroyal - slightly pricey but absolutely delicious Thai fusion food in a great atmosphere. Donatellos is waaaay too expensive for your average pizza/pasta night - if you want a nice Italian head out to Leixlip to Da Vincis or out to Celbridge for Da Marios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

I don't go to the Stonehaven cause I don't like the owner :D

Lemongrass in the Glenroyal is lovely alright, nice place for a meal. Also quite a fan of the Indian above Caulfields. What's the Chinese on the Main St like does anyone know??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ringleader

Maynooth wrote:
    Lemongrass in the Glenroyal is lovely alright, nice place for a meal. Also quite a fan of the Indian above Caulfields. What's the Chinese on the Main St like does anyone know??

C3 (contemporary chinese cuisine)? Bland at best.

Check out the one upstairs on the left of Apache pizza. Freaking orgasmic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Knee-Vee

ringleader wrote:
    C3 (contemporary chinese cuisine)? Bland at best.

Check out the one upstairs on the left of Apache pizza. Freaking orgasmic.

Isn't Royal City beside Rebel Pizza?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ixus

IT's the Indian all the way for me. I rarely eat Chinese these days having tasted the difference in the quality of the chicken/beef at the Indian. Also, it's much better value for money. And I find the staff really nice.

Highly recommend Carton also, though not cheap. Have always really enjoyed it.

The Newton Inn restaraunt is pleasant.

Stonehaven bores me to death, it hasn't changed the menu in +5 years. Apart from the weekly/monthly change of kangaroo/camel toe or whatever. It used to be decent.

The roost is good in terms of pub grub, i love the chilly burger.

Donatellos is way overpriced and cramped for the money you pay. If you're going to pay that money go to Carton. The steaks and sauteé potatoes used the be amazing, but the roosts fillet steak is easily as good.

Haven't eaten at the Lemongrass in 5 years (no reason) so can't comment.

I'm hungry now..

Yeah I have to agree with you Ixus, that Indian really was lovely. And so much room in there too, was surprised at how big it was. Food came very fast, staff were nice, extremley reasonable prices....is it the only Indian in Maynooth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Steve Buckley (A legend from the maths department in NUIM) has a great wee page up with places to eat in Maynooth.

http://www.maths.nuim.ie/staff/sbuckley/eat.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

ixus wrote:
    IT's the Indian all the way for me. I rarely eat Chinese these days having tasted the difference in the quality of the chicken/beef at the Indian. Also, it's much better value for money. And I find the staff really nice.

Highly recommend Carton also, though not cheap. Have always really enjoyed it.

The Newton Inn restaraunt is pleasant.

Stonehaven bores me to death, it hasn't changed the menu in +5 years. Apart from the weekly/monthly change of kangaroo/camel toe or whatever. It used to be decent.

The roost is good in terms of pub grub, i love the chilly burger.

Donatellos is way overpriced and cramped for the money you pay. If you're going to pay that money go to Carton. The steaks and sauteé potatoes used the be amazing, but the roosts fillet steak is easily as good.

Haven't eaten at the Lemongrass in 5 years (no reason) so can't comment.

I'm hungry now..

With you there Dig, vfm roost def the best....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ixus

Good man Wedge, could you tell it was me by how much i like to eat?! :)

Will try and get to the games tomorrow to see what the standards like. And hear what the hell has gone on in the last month!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ringleader

Knee-Vee wrote:
    Isn't Royal City beside Rebel Pizza?

That's the one. I'm bad with names. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

What's Ken's in Manor Mills like does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I had takeaway once and it was standard, but not as nice as the Royal City. A friend of mine went in for the evening but they served so quickly that they were in and out in an hour! They felt very rushed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭mp3guy

A friend of mine went in for the evening but they served so quickly that they were in and out in an hour! They felt very rushed.

If it took any longer they probably would've complained the service was slow :rolleyes:

Advertisement