Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car radio/ipod

Options
  • 13-09-2007 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

hi lads, i drive a cmax and was wondering if i bought an ipod could i but an attachment for it to work on my radio?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

yep there's a couple of ways. you can buy an fm transmitter which basically broadcasts your ipod on an fm frequency which you tune in on your radio. i have one and it works ok most of the time. not as good sound as radio or cd though.

If your car has an 'aux in' port you can buy a lead which goes from the earphones in on your ipod to this port.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Those FM transmitters dont give very good sound quality. Maybe htere are better and worse ones but the couple i have seen have been poor to say the least.

Most cd players that come with a car would not have a phono input, if it has an input for a multidisk cd changer you might be able to get an adapter but otherwise you would need to get a new head unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

rowanh wrote:
    Those FM transmitters dont give very good sound quality. Maybe htere are better and worse ones but the couple i have seen have been poor to say the least.
    Wired ones are far superior to the wireless ones.

I can't fault the Dension Ice Link I use, cost around 100 euro. Easily fitted if you take your time with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

If you know somebody going to the USA, they could get you an itrip.They will need the exact model of your ipod.I think this is a similar product to the FM transmitter already descibed?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Moanin wrote:
    If you know somebody going to the USA, they could get you an itrip.They will need the exact model of your ipod.I think this is a similar product to the FM transmitter already descibed?
    You can buy itrips online. And I have used the cheap fm transmitters, theyre ok, sound quality doesnt bother me so much. But radio stations tend to bleed in if your moving in the car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement