Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM Help

• 13-09-2007 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

I am going to upgrade my computer to Windows Vista but firstly need to get more RAM for my computer. Currently the computer has 512MB of RAM. I would like to add another 1GB to that if possible.

My computer is a Dell Dimension 4700 and I'm not sure what type of RAM is compatible with my computer. Can anyone recommend RAM which I could buy for the computer. Here are the specs I got when I ran CPU Z on my computer.

I'll probably buy from Komplett so if you can link me to RAM on their site , that would be really appreciated. :)

http://www.thewildrovers.net/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=73

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

first find out if its not dells gay ram , they moved the notch on some machines which only means you can buy from them ;/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

papu wrote:
    first find out if its not dells gay ram , they moved the notch on some machines which only means you can buy from them ;/

Well how do I find out if its not Dell's Gay Ram?? :rolleyes:

tbh its kinda hard , to check we usually put the ram up against a normal stick of ram , but thats not really an option unless you can get your hands on a stick or ddr ram

most likely it will be normal but i cant promise anything , if it is dell ram , you can only order from them :(

heres some ram that should fit if its normal

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=301111

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

papu wrote:
    First I've heard of this. I know their PSU's and MBs in older models were bepsoke but I've never come across non-standard RAM. Have you had first hand experience?

yeah i work in a computer repair shop and on the 4200's i think the notch on the ram is moved over a pin or 2, which means normal ddr , or sd ram wont fit

• Advertisement

You learn something new everyday. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Sneaky bastards lol. And if he has to buy through dell it will cost a fortune. Best bet would be to look on ebay i suppose.

You can get 1Gb for €36 here

Or €42 incl delivery here (Irish site).

If you have a 512Mb module in already then you can just buy a second 512Mb module for cheaper.

thats not bad , cheaper than if you got it from dell.ie

Advertisement