Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.ie query

Options
  • 13-09-2007 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hiya quick question. I've just seen a domain name that I would really like. How should I go about it:

Say I have already registered : "Pony Suitcases" with CRO as business name and got cert from them.

I then go to .ie domain name seller & and want to get www.ponysuitcases.ie - but I also want to get "www.suitcases.ie". How does one actually go about that. Who will decide whether I'm entitled to get: suitcases.ie. How long before I knew I was successful? (or do I have to gegister "suitcases" as business name?) Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You can get both if you have the RBN pony suitcases (though that strikes me as a really odd business name :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

The RBN will get you ponysuitcases.ie, but you may need to provide a letter to explain how suitcases.ie is relevant to your business. Whichever company you choose to register with, they will normally provide a draft letter for you should one be required.

Sometimes the IEDR may also request information showing that the applicant has invested significant time, effort, or resources in the business relating to the domain name, so the domain doesn't go wasted.

Good luck with your Pony Suitcases!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

CoNfOuNd wrote:
    Good luck with your Pony Suitcases!

Its truely an untapped market :D

Advertisement