Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satalite tracking problem with Garmin Nuvi 660

• 13-09-2007 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

I'm having a problem with the Garmin Nuvi 660 I got earlier this year - it has stopped tracking satalites, and it ain't working despite downloading an update for it, and carrying out a master reset, and several sessions sitting on the windowsil for 45mins.

Anybody any experience of this, or suggestions on a fix? Or is a return to maker case?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭~~SKYHIGH~~

drive around to differant areas and see will you pick up any kinda signal, otherwise return it for an exchange/repair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Sounds knackered. Contact Garmin. They'll replace it without any qualms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Navan Junction

Thanks lads - Bringing it back tomorrow - bit of a pain - had loads of stuff on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You should be able to backup your POIs etc.
    Then restore them when you get the replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I thought the reset button is used when this happens ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 karmicro

Stopped tracking satellites while in operation in a car.
    Came back, did the updates. Everything looks fine.
    Diagnostics don't see to notice that it doesn't work.
    Tried the reset a couple times.. nada.

Right now I'm going to let the battery run all the way out and see if will come back to life.

One interesting thing is that even through the upload and reset, it still thinks that we are where we were when it lost the satellites..

Any thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭garethmc

Also have this issue with my Garmin Nuvi 660. Can not detect any satellites. Called garmin today, its still under warranty but they can not fix unless I have the receipt and gawd knows where that is as got as a christmas pressie. Its gonna cost £160 to repair if I dont find the receipt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dubman25

i have the garmin nuvi 250 and it has know signal any ideas????:confused:also i had it out doors in a clear area so know problem with location...

Advertisement