Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do newborns truly need?

Options
  • 14-09-2007 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

.. yeah I know about love and cuddles, I mean more materialistic stuff :p
    The excellent "I wish someone told me that" thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055146949 got me thinking. I know it is still early-ish for me, but as twins can be unpredictable, I want to be prepared.

1. What do newborns/ young babies truly need, and what is just manufacturer hype?
    2. What is the on item that you found invaluable in the early weeks/ months?
    3. How many of the needed items are needed? For example, I know baby-grows are needed, obviously. But I am considering only buying a few to start off with, because I won't know how big the twins will be (they might end up premmies), and I heard a lot of friends/ family are likely to give newborn clothing as gifts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

silja wrote:
    The excellent "I wish someone told me that" thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055146949 got me thinking. I know it is still early-ish for me, but as twins can be unpredictable, I want to be prepared.

1. What do newborns/ young babies truly need, and what is just manufacturer hype?
    3. How many of the needed items are needed? For example, I know baby-grows are needed, obviously. But I am considering only buying a few to start off with, because I won't know how big the twins will be (they might end up premmies), and I heard a lot of friends/ family are likely to give newborn clothing as gifts?
    B+W pictures, babys love simple things. My little girl loved big B+W pandas and Zebras. After that sit them in front of 'Baby Einstein' movies. They love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

A newborn essentially gets fed, needs winding, needs nappy changes and will occasionally sleep for you, they're not overly complicated really. There's not a whole lot that they need really apart from clothes, bottles/whatever, nappies and a cot and/or Moses basket. A car seat is necessary if you are going to be travelling by car, a suitable buggy similarly etc.

If I think up of any more stuff off the top of my head I'll respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

After that sit them in front of 'Baby Einstein' movies. They love them.

sorry but this is not good advice. first of all babies can't focus properly till they're like 3 to 6 months, and should certainly not be watching TV for more than 30 minutes a day till they're at least 3 years old. unfortunately TV is such a big part of everybody's lives these days that we always indulge our kids a little more than we should when it comes to cartoons etc, but a conscious effort should be made to not let them watch TV all the time if at all!!

what we found invaluable was those little baby rockable recliners (don't know how to better describe them. we just put him in there and he would watch us for hours, fall asleep, laugh etc. as long as he was in the same room as my wife or i, he was happy. they usually have straps as well for ease of carrying.

sorry but this is not good advice. first of all babies can't focus properly till they're like 3 to 6 months, and should certainly not be watching TV for more than 30 minutes a day till they're at least 3 years old.

From my experiences a child under one isn't very inclined to pay attention to TV for longer than 10 or 20 seconds. This was Questions and Answers and similar though...

nesf wrote:
    From my experiences a child under one isn't very inclined to pay attention to TV for longer than 10 or 20 seconds. This was Questions and Answers and similar though...

true for most i think. our son was the same but children of friends of ours, as soon as the TV was on, regardless of the program, they just became completely absorbed by it, they'd sit there and stare without moving till you turned the TV off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,344 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

when they are a little older 4-6 months, try baby signing , I can't say what the long term benefits are but very quickly we had signs for water/milk/food, I'm sure it helped our sons communication skills, when he was out in the buggy we had signs for cars/dogs etc and he became very aware

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It can be more about what you need to cater to the needs of the babies.
    You dont NEED a changing station but do give some consideration about where and how you will be changing the nappies esp as you will be having twins.

A good changing bag with changing map and pockets for wipes, nappies, creams ect mean you can have it at hand with everything in it and bulk store the rest in a differnt room. Stocking each mornign also mean if you get the chance to get out for the day even for a walk all you need do is grab the bag.

The first 3 months they will sleep a lot and a good moses basket that can be used in the living room means you can have them sleeping tucked out of the way but close to you.

If you are breastfeeding I would say get nippleshields, if you are not the I would suggest looking at 4 ounce bottles and ones with a good grip as you will be spending quiet a long time feeding the both of them.

I don't know what your feeling/opinion of soothers are, one of mine had one the other didn't but you will have your hands twice as full and if they are a help and are a sleep aid have at think about it.

Babygrows are important and bibs lots of esp if you end up bottle feeding as for every 4 ounces a baby can wind back up 1/2 to 1 ounce and let's face it babies leak a lot and you can end up having to change the bib and babygrow at every feed which is every 4 hours or so and you will have two of them.

Baby non bio washing powder.

Baby towels, the ones with the lil hoods on them, they are soft and warm and them being kept seperate lessens the chance of any infections.

A cd or play list of soothing music, claming stuff ( need snot be whale song ;) ) This I played before they were born when IO was settling down for the night so that they got used to the music meaning sleep time, I did the same when they were born ( well as soon as we got out of the hospital ) and it worked, to this day when they are having trouble sleeping I will play those tracks.

true for most i think. our son was the same but children of friends of ours, as soon as the TV was on, regardless of the program, they just became completely absorbed by it, they'd sit there and stare without moving till you turned the TV off.

At the moment he just turns off the sky box if the TV is on, he doesn't seem to agree with us watching television. The only thing that will hold his attention and delay him from turning the TV off are insects, dogs or monkeys being on. In that situation he babbles madra for a bit before turning the TV off.

nesf wrote:
    At the moment he just turns off the sky box if the TV is on, he doesn't seem to agree with us watching television. The only thing that will hold his attention and delay him from turning the TV off are insects, dogs or monkeys being on. In that situation he babbles madra for a bit before turning the TV off.

same here for the animals, but one other show he can't get enough of is the simpsons. he keeps pointing at the TV shouting sons, sons, all happy with himself!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Immediately essential:
    Babygros,
    Vests,
    Nappies, Cotton wool & water, Sudocream,
    Cardigan,
    Soft hat,
    Moses basket/Carrycot/Cot & Bedding,
    Car seat,
    Baby bath.

Not immediately essential but within first month:
    Buggy/Sling (or both),

Not essential but useful to have when baby is very young:
    Baby bouncy chair,
    Changing mat,
    Steriliser (for bottles or dummies or breast pump if you use them and later for teething rings etc.),
    Thermometer (for ear or forehead),
    Camera (you probably have this already!).

That's all I can think of for now. Don't go buying a load of stuff until you see if you actually need it, and yes, people will give you lots of baby things (especially clothes) as presents. Your home will quickly fill up!

I'd say just one pack of vests (per baby), a set of babygros each, a hat and cardigan each, and nappy stuff is all you need to have to bring to the hospital. Once they're born you'll know what size they are and see what you'd like for them. You can always have a few items in the shops in mind and send the hubby shopping for more babygros etc in the right size! ;)

I remember when my daughter was three weeks old and a visitor being disappointed that she wouldn't (& couldn't) play with a toy she'd got that was "Suitable from birth"! Toys etc are not needed until the child is a couple of months old and even then babies prefer looking at faces and smiling or grabbing at hair!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Ok, i'll and recall my shopping list for the 6 months leading up to my bundle of joy, currently four months old.

*big inhale*

First purchase was a Mamas and Papas furniture set which was cheaper from Argos @ €700. Link. Along with this we got M&P crib and moses basket, both got from my sister who had a baby a year before, all we needed was replacement mattresses for both. Link and link. Moses basket for downstairs which we moved between kitchen and living room depending on what we're doing. The crib was beside the bed until about 2 months as she outgrew it. We felt the cotbed was too big at this point and she got a bit lost in it, so we have a regular cot in our bedroom at the moment but still use the cotbed in the nursery for when she's awake and playing during the day.

Next set of purchases was the Tommy Tippee closer to nature bottles along with a Tommee Tippee steam sterilisor. Link and link. They are meant to be very good in terms of replicating the nipple and are supposed to make changing from breast to bottle easier. They are great bottles and baby has never had a problem with them, they also fit well into your hand.

Next big purchase was the 'travel system' as they are referred too these days. This took the longest to decide and looking back now I think I made the wrong decision. In the end we decided on a Graco which is too big, too awkward and just generally annoying. Link. I'm planning to buy a Quinny Buzz in the next few days as now knowing what our needs our, we can make a better decision.

Another essential purchase was the Tomy walkabout platinum. Link. Was recommended these listeners by family and was also told the lower models don't really cut the mustard. Its actually unbelievable how much you can here, and I even know when the soother has dropped out and the countdown begins to wailing.

One last essential purchase for me personally was the Lumilove Night Light in panda form. Link. Got this from Tony Kealys and used it from 2 months on despite the packaging saying it should be 8 months plus. It is amazing how much this sooths baby when shes upset. For instance if shes crying when having her nappy changed we simply turn the panda on and wave it a good distance from her so its not too bright. She is so entranced that no matter how upset she is it calms her. I'd say its the black and white along with the changing LEDs which does the trick.

After that I can only think of the standard stuff which i'll list:
    Vests
    Babygrows
    Hats
    Scratch mits
    Soothers
    Bibs
    Bibs
    Bibs
    Playmat
    Toys
    Pampers newborn range
    SMA gold

I've probably missed a few bits and pieces, but I think i've covered most stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Bibs Bibs Bibs Bibs...... :)

As far as the ' travel system ' or what ever...... do yourself a big favour.

Pick the thing up, if you struggle to lift it, and I mean lift it high enough to put into a car forget it.. buy another one. It doesn't matter if that one is the latest greatest thing , get one you can handle / lift without doing yourself some damage, remember your back will be ( could be ) knackered anyway ! Look at Delly's remarks....

We used a relativly cheap/light Maclaren buggy , worked well enough for us.

The changing bag advice is true, keep a ' grab bag ' ready for when you want to go to the shops.

You know what the best present we got was ... ? A friend of ours stocked our freezer with good home cooked food we could stick in the oven and eat. You don't have the energy to cook for yourself and ready meals are frankly terrible.

Best of luck with your ' double trouble ! '

Davidth88 wrote:
    As far as the ' travel system ' or what ever...... do yourself a big favour.

Pick the thing up, if you struggle to lift it, and I mean lift it high enough to put into a car forget it.. buy another one. It doesn't matter if that one is the latest greatest thing , get one you can handle / lift without doing yourself some damage, remember your back will be ( could be ) knackered anyway ! Look at Delly's remarks....

We used a relativly cheap/light Maclaren buggy , worked well enough for us.

On the other side of the coin, if you don't drive a good sturdy buggy can be a godsend for carrying loads of groceries back home etc. It also can't be tossed around as easily by toddlers which is a plus. :)

We have a Graco and found it fine, but we don't need to manhandle it in and out of cars etc which is the different really. I wouldn't touch one if you're going to be taking it in and out of the car. It's large, bulky and heavy and really should be avoided if the weaker of the pair of you can't comfortably move it (ours is 18kgs or so for example). As a general piece of advice avoid getting yourselves into a situation where only one of you can lift something that you need to use regularly (I'm thinking of a car seat + baby or similar here). It really is an unnecessary hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

These are great, keep them coming!

What does everyone think of swaddling? It doesn't seem to be done much in Europe but most of my US based friends swear by it to help babies sleep, especially twins. I was thinking of getting something like the Miracle Blanket here: http://www.miracleblanket.com/viewpoint.htm

Buggy wise, we are looking at the Mclaren twin tandem, it is supposed to be easy to fold and lightweight, as well as fitting well through doorways. We do not drive but live on the 4th floor (no lift!) and use public transport, so something lightweight is good.

silja wrote:
    We do not drive but live on the 4th floor (no lift!) and use public transport, so something lightweight is good.

That's going to be harsh. My sympathies. Could you get away with the two of you using slings? It'd save you having to drag a buggy up 4 floors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

I know this might be a bit dull, but the best thing you can invest in is a tumbledryer if you donnt already have one. The volume of turn over of clothes is wild. :eek:

You can swaddle a baby with any blanket, doesn't have to be a fancy one specifically for swaddling. Waffle-weave blankets or croched ones are good because they let a certain amount of air through and avoid over-heating the baby. The nurses will show you how to swaddle the babies when you're in the hospital.

I wouldn't fancy dragging any buggy up and down 4 flights of stairs a few times a day, let alone a twin buggy! You'll have some muscles on you after that! Seriously though, use baby slings for as long as you possibly can.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Have to say this...and Im dad...make sure you buy a baby nails clipper...its totally amazing how quickly babys nails grow!!!

TBH..we used the baby bath about half dozen times...I was far more comfortable putting our son in the big bath where I felt I had more control...

This is a biggy!!!!!....Dont buy clothes...have maybe 5 or 6 babygrows and vests ready....you will get so much stuff baby wont wear half of it...and I mean that. this weekend Im going shopping for vacume bags to store our sons stuff that he didnt wear...a total shame.

But the one thing my mind the best buy was the "Angel Care baby monitor"...Im quite a nervous person anyway and when babs first arrived I was awake nearly all night checking him to see if he was ok....anyway this monitir has a pressure sensor that you place under the cribs or cots mattress. On the master monitor you can see a "tick" every time babs moves or breathes...if it fails to sense any movement for more than 20 seconds a very load alarm sounds to warn you...its never gone off on us, thank God,...but gives great piece of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

Agree about the baby bath. Wasted money on one, used it once. Bathed baby in sink.

Baby wipes are handy, not for baby but to wipe poss off your shoulder!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

silja wrote:

Newborns generally "need" very little. All they need is food, clothes, a clean bum, a bath twice a week and, of course, lots of love :). They don't need toys either, really, maybe with the exception of a mobile with black and white panels on it over the cot. The only true essential for me was a carseat (or two, in your case) as I was travelling a lot. Even a buggy isn't essential - a lot of people these days enjoy carrying their newborns in slings. A carseat is completely essential, even for the shortest of trips - some hospitals will not discharge some women with their babies unless they have a carseat! I was told in no uncertain terms that I wouldn't be let leave until my partner arrived with the carseat.

A good wipe-clean changing bag with loads of pockets - they get grimy unbelieveably quickly.

If you are breastfeeding, a breast pump, if for nothing else then to relieve engorgement (this can happen even when you have two babies who are both feeding perfectly well). Engorgement is hellish. Oh, and maternity pads and breastpads galore, but don't get the Mothercare ones- they're crap!!! Lansinoh nipple cream too - expensive but a definite necessity for those sore, cracked nipples. (I know these aren't technically for a newborn, but a happy Mammy makes for a happy baby!).

Oh, tights for baby girls!!! They're great. My wee one wears them even now - great for making sure they're nice and cosy if you are going to put them in wee dresses.

I had an Angelcare baby monitor, which was essential to me for my own peace of mind. They go into babys cot and can detect if baby stops breathing, which then sets off an alarm on the parent unit. I found it fantastic - though the alarm went off a few times because she'd rolled off ithe mat attached to the monitor and onto her stomach (which, of course, is not recommended due to SIDS).

For me, the most invaluable thing to have was the baby swing. Rhiannon was a colicky baby and didn't really enjoy lying flat on her back. The swing was a real soother to her in those early days. Oh, and an essential tip - sleep when the baby sleeps. I would have felt so much worse if I hadn't taken that advice. Even if it is only 15 minutes of a catnap at a time, its all worth it. Some babies hate swings thoguh, and the motion can make them throw up, so its worth maybe trying your baby out in a friends baby swing (or a swing in a nursery shop) to see how they like it before you commit to buying one.

Rhiannon was going through 3-4 babygros a day (at a very conservative estimate) in the early days (even more vests as they used to get stained from nappy accidents where babygros didn't always get stained), between puke incidents and nappy leaks (she had a tiny bum and even the tiny newborn nappies used to gape and cause leakages). Really, its all down to how many times a week you are prepared to do washes - I wasn't prepared to wash clothes once a day, so I had a lot of the babygros, over 30 easily. They cost next to nothing in Dunnes or Penneys. There is little point spending a fortune on babygros that will only fit the babies for a matter of weeks. Oh, and bibs bibs bibs - and only plastic-backed ones. I find the other fabric ones are just rubbish. They get soaked quickly and the moisture goes straight through onto babys chest. If you are having winter newborns, bear in mind that you may be confined to using the tumble dryer a lot of the time too (I know in this house during the newborn period there were queues of clothes building up to be put in the dryer). Summertime is so much easier for doing baby laundry!! If you are having Autumn/Winter babies, warm, woollen hats are essential. If going out and about during the winter, you should also make sure baby has a pair of mittens that they can't pull off. Snowsuit type things are good for the coldest wintry weather, but they can be expensive too considering how quickly baby will grow out of them. Rhiannon was given 10 snowsuits as presents, all in newborn size - I think she wore two of them before she got too big :|

And yes, people will give you a lot of clothes, but if one (or both) of your twins is a girl, you may find that a LOT of the clothes she will get will be more dressy clothes - pretty dresses with frilly knickers to go over the nappy etc - not the most practical of clothes. You may not want to be constantly washing frilly dresses as they don't always do well in repeated washes. Rhiannon was in plain white babygros most of the time when I was at home. If I was bringing her out and about, I'd put on one of the outfits someone had bought her. I ended up with a LOT of clothes that she never wore - still had tags on in a lot of cases. Boys clothes are generally more practical - jeans, dungarees, jumpers etc - you don't get too many silky, lacy, frilly things for boys!!

I swaddled Rhiannon almost constantly (but left one arm out)- she was colicky and it seemed to make her feel better to be wrapped up tight. Just be careful that baby doesn't overheat. You should always use those waffle blankets with the holes in them - the cheap fleecey ones (or even the more pricey chenille ones) you can get in Penneys/Dunnes etc are not breathable and aren't recommended for use at all with tiny babies.

Caldescene powder, I found, is way more effective than Sudocrem for nappy rash.

Hope some of this is of help to you!!!

• Advertisement

On the clothes as presents thing:
    If people give you clothes that you know the babies won't wear or if you've got too many similar items all in the one size (people usually buy 3-6 months stuff as newborn baby presents), you can change them. The shops don't look for receipts for baby clothes as so many of them are bought as presents. I changed lots of the stuff we were given for the same thing a couple of sizes bigger, or else changed the most impractical stuff for something a bit more useful. If you're planning to change things though do it as soon as you get a chance in case the shop doesn't stock them anymore and won't take them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

dame wrote:
    On the clothes as presents thing:
    If people give you clothes that you know the babies won't wear or if you've got too many similar items all in the one size (people usually buy 3-6 months stuff as newborn baby presents), you can change them. The shops don't look for receipts for baby clothes as so many of them are bought as presents. I changed lots of the stuff we were given for the same thing a couple of sizes bigger, or else changed the most impractical stuff for something a bit more useful. If you're planning to change things though do it as soon as you get a chance in case the shop doesn't stock them anymore and won't take them back.

Yes good advice, most shops will exchange stuff but you have to have a receipt for Dunnes Stores though.

When I had my second boy my local hospital used the plastic basins that fit in your kitchen sink to bathe the babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Those Miracle blankets are great but it depends on the baby, our first was a fairly quiet sleeper and wouldn't move much if at all in the MB.
    Our second a girl was a lot bigger 9lb6oz and she didn't last long in it.
    I am sure that the babies sleep better in the MBs and believe me they are well designed, We tried swaddling them in the open weave cotton blankets but they would push them off and kick their way out, then baby is in a loose mass of blanket....
    Re buggies we had a Britax travel system first off which was good and stable and capacious but was waaay to big, bulky and heavy to fit in our car boot comfortably, By the time it started to wear out junior was ready for the Mcclaren stroller anyway and we got one of them.
    Now Number 2 has arrived on the scene and we need to be able to carry a 2 yr old and a newborn.
    Enter stage left the Phil and Teds E3v2.
    A great buy if you intend on having more than one in a 3yr timespan.
    Carries a toddler and a newborn at the same time and then can be configured to carry 2 toddlers.
    It is a little more expensive than a graco or britax but you can resell them pretty easily as they are good quality.
    I wish we had just bought one from the start instead of buying all the other buggies/strollers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Keep 'em coming people, this could be a good sticky thread :)

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

From experience:

A good car seat

a warm blankie

& a love fron mama & dada:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

silja wrote:

Folding, portable potty when they get bigger.

Otherwise parent who look after themselves. You need to pace yourself and get help as much as possible.

Everyone and every child is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

I just had a a baby 3 months ago and i got everything you could possibly get for a baby.
    Heres my advice
    1. A moses basket, its much better than a crib easy to move and you can just carry it up stairs when the baby is asleep.
    2. A rocking, vibrating chair. I have a fisher price one, my son loves it when he is awake and when he falls asleep you can recline it so it is good for naps during the day.
    3. I bought loads of bibs but i only use muslin cloths now, they cover up much more of the baby and are easy to wash and dry, you can get a pack of 3 for 3 euro in Guineys.
    4. I have a play mat, but i havent really used it yet as the baby is still too small and doesnt get much enjoyment so you wouldnt need one straight away.
    5. the bottle warmer was a bit of a waste you can just heat them with boiling water in a bowl.
    6. I didnt get a changing unit, just a changing mat that i put on the couch or bed when im changing him.
    7. It is not recommended to use johnsons washes baby wipes ect until the baby is three months old, just wash them in water with cotton wool. i had a basket full of products i still havent used.
    8. A good changing bag with a bott;le compartment that keeps a bottle cool or warm.
    9. You dont need to buy baby clothes, everyone will but you gifts. I bought loads of babygros and vests for newborn and 0-3 months just incase, but the baby was small when he was born, so we had to go off and buy premie baby gros the next day.
    10. You dont need scratch mits, we just used socks as the scratch mits kept falling off him.
    11. We also bought all our nappies and food in bulk when they were on offer we had a 2 month supply and didnt have to worry about running out.
    12. We also bought a monitor with a screen but only used it for the first two weeks, our house is small and we can hear him without the monitors.
    13. I would recommend that you get a good steriliser that fits the most stuff and sterilises in the fastest time.
    14. Cellular blankets are a must, i bought a lot of fleece ones aswell but havent used them as they are not recommended. we bought loads of spare blankets and sheets in guineys, they are good price and quality, and you go through them so fast its good to have a few

Oh and make sure you practise folding and unfolding your buggy, i didnt and took him out for the day and couldnt fold the buggy to put in the car:D

And last but not least stock up your freezer with pre cooked meals that you can just defrost and heat up, i wish we had done this as we had no time to cook, and were going full days without a proper meal, not good.

I hope this helps,Best of luck

lezizi wrote:
    5. the bottle warmer was a bit of a waste you can just heat them with boiling water in a bowl

As a tip, a baby doesn't actually need a warm bottle it just doesn't have to be too hot. If you give them cold bottles and they get used to it they'll be happy out. The only potential problem is if you get a baby used to warm bottles and then they might reject cold ones.

The whole preference for hot foods and drinks is an adult thing really. To a young child it really makes little to no difference, similar to how an adult might want some salt or butter on their mashed potatoes but a child might just happily chow down on plain spuds without complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Don't forget to practise fitting and removing the rock-a-tot before you have baby unlike us when it came to bringing boy 1 home. We were in the hospital carpark fiddling around for some time trying to figure it out, then hubby drove home like someone doing their driving test keeping well out from the kerb :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Think we stopped about 5 times checking was the baby ok. :D

Advertisement