Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

05 Focus vs 05 Mondeo

Options
  • 14-09-2007 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Ok, so the Focus Ghia is supposedly safer, but the Mondeo Titanium X has more toys, but the real question is which is better to drive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭~~SKYHIGH~~

I'd go for the modeo but to me their just garda cars so I wouldnt know haha..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mondeo is probably better speced and will cost the same to buy if not less than the Focus.

Downside is the Mondeo is an older design and will probably fetch less money when you go to sell it on. But if you buy it cheap then you can afford to sell it cheap.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Both drive well. Mondeo is a lot bigger, a better suited for long distance cruising.
    Buying a used one will be better value. 1.8 & 2.0 diesels, 1.8 & 2.0 petrols. Some
    rare bigger engines too. Focus has 1.4 & 1.6 petrols, and 1.6 & 1.8 diesels. Again some rarer bigger engined models.

Spec wise corresponding models - Zetec vs Zetec will be similar.

Avoid LX specs. Too basic imho.

Safety wise both are good.

Advertisement