Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inokatsu M60A1 'Minority' Review

Options
  • 14-09-2007 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

Ok Guys,

My Inokatsu M60A1 'Minority' (Full-steel variant) arrived in work today and caused a bit of a stir unsurprisingly.

This is only an initial review since I only got back from work at 22.30. I'll have a proper play around with it on Saturday at HRTA and will write up more on its performance then.

So; what's in the box* ? Upon popping the case open you will find:
    • M60A1 body
    • M60A1 Barrel and bipod assembly
    • Ammo Pouch
    • Auto-winding Magazine (1500 rnd cap)
    • A3 (I think) sized instruction "poster"
    • Linked belt of 7.62mm rounds (plastic)

* There may be little things missing, like manuals etc. since the AEG was downgraded before shipping and thus the box was opened. Fire-Support downgraded the power output to meet the Irish 2006 Firearms act criteria of 1 joule (1j) or max of 328fps with a 0.2g BB

It took me a few minutes to figure my way around the AEG for assembly/disassembly, but it's pretty straight forward and quick to do, with the only tricky bit being the butt-stock plate for battery insertion being a bit stiff to come off.

The AEG feels utterly, utterly solid, right down to the barrel and bipod. Unsurprising considering how much it weighs when assembled; 20 pounds which is still lighter than the original at 23 pounds unloaded. When disassembled, the M60 doesn't feel so heavy in its box, but when assembled, the length brings the full weight to bear. The barrel & bipod assembly is heavy, so this gun feels heavy from front to back and you will feel it. The only part of the gun that feels in any way 'less' sturdy than the rest is the carry handle, but I don't see that being used much anyway.

One other thing to note .... this AEG doesn't have a notable sound when fired. It has a _signature_ sound. You will KNOW when this baby starts firing. It is loud, and it is angry and jebus does it make you grin from ear to ear ;)

I've not loaded BBs to fire since it's late at night as I write this and dark outside so I can't see far, and whilst I know what's at the end of my garden, I treat my AEGs like real-steel in taking note of something nonex once said to myself and a few others at HRTA one day; "If you fire a gun, you also have to be aware of what is in front and behind your target". So I'm not going to blind-fire at the end of my garden at night and you'll all have to wait until Saturday to find out how she fires.

But that's enough talk, onto the pictures. The first two are from the other thread where I took pictures having just arrived in the office

M60%20Box.jpg

M60%20box%20open.jpg

And later assembled at home:

M60%20assembled%20with%20box.jpg

M60%20assembled%20with%20box%20(front).jpg

M60%20barrel.jpg

M60%20barrel%20housing%20(front).jpg

M60%20barrel%20housing%20(upper).jpg

M60%20pouch%20and%20belt.jpg

M60%20sights%20and%20rubber%20cheek-plate%20(rear).jpg

M60%20right%20side.jpg

M60%20left%20side.jpg