Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to buy replacement alloy for Mondeo?

Options
  • 14-09-2007 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I need to get a replacement alloy wheel for my 03 Mondeo Zetec and am being quoted a whopping €200 (inc. VAT) for it by the local Ford dealers. They are not interested in even offering a discount for two (as I was thinking of getting a second as a full-sized spare). I hate to pay full price for something that I just know they are making a huge mark-up on. Anyone know if you can get original Ford parts outside of Ford dealers?

Failing that, what breaker's yards are good around the North West Dublin/Meath area?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Try Caldwells in Oristown (Scrapyard) or did you look on ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just be very careful buying a used alloy wheel (especially from a scrapyard). The rim could be damaged in a way that may not always be visable to the naked eye, could be trouble down the road.

Try www.traynors.co.uk, they deliver to the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭hamiltron

Many thanks for the advice. Caldwells sorted me out. They are not in Oristown though - they are the other side of Kells. There is another one in Oristown though - so thanks for both tips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

hamiltron wrote:
    Many thanks for the advice. Caldwells sorted me out. They are not in Oristown though - they are the other side of Kells. There is another one in Oristown though - so thanks for both tips :)

How much did you save?

Advertisement