Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Internet not customer friendly

Options
  • 14-09-2007 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

What contract would that be?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Rants like this are only a waste of space here - if you want to contribute give details.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

BT, Eircom, Motorola/IFA and "3" are the shortlisted. Not sure how UTV would have been realistic as they have no last Mile infrastructure, and their only "wireless" is FM bandII local Radio :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cupet

watty wrote:
    BT, Eircom, Motorola/IFA and "3" are the shortlisted. Not sure how UTV would have been realistic as they have no last Mile infrastructure, and their only "wireless" is FM bandII local Radio :)
    Very interesting, thanks. they were mentioned along with with the above. Either way I finally moved to Digiweb where the service and cost is excellent and am glad to hear they're not in the running. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Cupet wrote:
    I've gone as high as the CEO who has misguidedly seen fit to ignore my letters and simple requests.
    Yes because your THAT important as a customer that the CEO should be responding to your letter due to your problems! The whopping 40 euro a month loss means that UPC will now go under!
    I will be notifying the Dept of Trade and Industry and feel it's important we all are very vigilant as they are hoping to get a countrywide contract here. Heaven help us if they do.
    Darra.
    Save a tree and don't waste the paper on something that will be thrown in the garbage bin.

And if you think Digiweb is excellent simply want and see and I'll look forward to your next rant, be it download caps, speeds, price increases, customer service (or lack there of and lack of any response) or contract changes with out any notification.

• Advertisement

Cupet wrote:
    not exactly sure. Heard it on the radio last week that suppliers are making submissions to Dept of Communication for countrywide broadband and they are in the running. Will investigate more.

If you are not exactly sure then dont write about it - simple as that!:rolleyes:

Nody wrote:
    Yes because your THAT important as a customer that the CEO should be responding to your letter due to your problems! The whopping 40 euro a month loss means that UPC will now go under!

If you are going to post at least read what you are posting about - the thread is about UTV - although admittedly there is little enough of substance about them in the thread so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cupet

wow!!!! what's with the personal attacks?? :eek: :eek:
    where is all this anger coming from??:confused::confused:

I was merely bringing my extremely difficult experience to public notice. Surely if it's not your business just read the next post that may interest you?
    I'm glad I hadn't gone into too much detail as it appears it would only give further ammunition for personal attacks.

And for the record the apparent need to compulsively post on the boards is probably symptomatic of deeper personal esteem or unresolved issues. Find someone else to vent your ire on or get help. Bless :rolleyes: :)

Cupet wrote:
    wow!!!! what's with the personal attacks?? :eek: :eek:
    where is all this anger coming from??:confused::confused:

I was merely bringing my extremely difficult experience to public notice. Surely if it's not your business just read the next post that may interest you?
    I'm glad I hadn't gone into too much detail as it appears it would only give further ammunition for personal attacks.

And for the record the apparent need to compulsively post on the boards is probably symptomatic of deeper personal esteem or unresolved issues. Find someone else to vent your ire on or get help. Bless :rolleyes: :)

If you are going to post make it useful - if you want to vent your anger against UTV or anyone else and are not prepared to give details of your experience which might be of benefit to other boards users try a blank sheet of paper - posting a rant without details is a useless exercise.

Oh I forgot to mention to you there is no Department of Trade and Industry at least in the ROI!

http://www.gov.ie/departments/default.asp

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Nody, if your going to post in this thread KEEP on topic and be sure to read it before posting
    The op is referring to UTV NOT UPC, UPC don't own UTV they own Chorus/NTL.

Cupet, dub45's post is not a personal attack he is simply pointing out that if your going to post on boards complaining about a company try get your facts straight before posting comments,

Also if your going to post about a problem there's not much point unless you actually post details of the problem.

If you don't post details then nobody can offer your advise and point you in the right direction.....such as contacting Comreg the Telecom Regulator in relation to your problems instead of a department who don't exist in Ireland

dub45, leave the moderating to the moderators :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

I only just popped into the forum to post about Vodafone's apparent upgrade when I noticed this post.

It REALLY saddens me.

I stayed with UTV an VERY long time, because, in spite of appalling "pings" their customer service was second to none. I remember well the sunday afternoon when Carl@utv went to more trouble to help me with a phonestalking and harassment problem than the Gardai did.

But under FAR more usual circumstance they were always friendly and polite and a pleasure to deal with. They used to post here to answer queries and constantly monitor the UTV support Newsgroups.

I guess that is all over :( and one day Vodafone data support - who are currently only amazing, will go the same way.

Such is life.

Cabaal wrote:

dub45, leave the moderating to the moderators :)

Yes Sir:)
    aare wrote:
    I only just popped into the forum to post about Vodafone's apparent upgrade when I noticed this post.

It REALLY saddens me.

I stayed with UTV an VERY long time, because, in spite of appalling "pings" their customer service was second to none. I remember well the sunday afternoon when Carl@utv went to more trouble to help me with a phonestalking and harassment problem than the Gardai did.

But under FAR more usual circumstance they were always friendly and polite and a pleasure to deal with. They used to post here to answer queries and constantly monitor the UTV support Newsgroups.

I guess that is all over and one day Vodafone data support - who are currently only amazing, will go the same way.

Such is life.

I personally have no great love for UTV because of the way they behaved in relation to me leaving Smart - however there are a couple of friends of mine who are very pleased with the service they receive from them and the service Carl gives to customers and has given for many years is above and beyond.

And the reason the original poster annoyed me personally so much (with appropriate respect to the mods) is that it is so easy to vilify a company without giving chapter and verse and boards should not be a medium for that.

There is more than enough sadly to criticise isps with but at least furnish the material.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Cupet, it unforruntaely appears you can't take advice from people.

May I suggest you lurk in this forum before posting again and should you decide to delete your posts again in a thread again just because you don't like people's answers then I will ban you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement