Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car buying - VIN question

Options
  • 14-09-2007 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Looking at a car in the UK.

Asked the owner to send me on the VIN but keeps coming up as invalid. I did a vehicle check on the car and came back as fine.

He sent me on the VIN twice - on the phone and sms. He got it from the window.
    invalid VIN.......?

opinions please?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Where are you checking it?
    Maybe call into a dealer and ask them to look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pangeran

I checked it here:
    http://vpc.autotrader.co.uk/consumervpc/check-vrm-form.action

Can a Ford Focus be an LX model but have a Zetec engine do you know?

Here are some of the results - all ok.
    Stolen
    This vehicle has not been recorded as stolen on the Police National Computer.
    Finance
    This vehicle is not currently recorded as having an outstanding finance agreement.
    Write off
    This vehicle has not been recorded as written off.
    Exported
    This vehicle has not been recorded as exported.
    Imported
    This vehicle has not been recorded as imported.
    Scrapped
    This vehicle has not been recorded as scrapped.
    Risk alert
    This vehicle is not currently recorded as being on our Risk Alerts database.
    Mileage
    This vehicle is not recorded as having a mileage discrepancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

"LX" refered to the trim level and "zetec" is the engine type. My other half has my old Focus LX, with a 1.4 Zetec engine. The Mondeo on the other hand has a trim level called "Zetec".

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

TychoCaine wrote:
    "LX" refered to the trim level and "zetec" is the engine type. My other half has my old Focus LX, with a 1.4 Zetec engine. The Mondeo on the other hand has a trim level called "Zetec".

Zetec was the name given to the new generation of Ford's 16 valve petrol engines from the early 1990s afaik. It also became a trim level too later on, it was Ford's version of a sporty model. Zetec models had alloy wheels, low profile tyres, titanium trim and sports suspension.

The Focus has a "Zetec" trim level too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pangeran

thanks for the info guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

bazz26 wrote:
    The Focus has a "Zetec" trim level too.
    Doh! I forgot.... My brother used to have one too. :o

Advertisement