Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know how to access the student email?

Options
  • 14-09-2007 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I got my student id the other day with my student email address on it but don't know where to get it's password...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Your date of birth, iirc it would be like this:
    Todays date: 14/09/07
    So as a password, that would be 140907! There was a tutorial up on squirrelmail homepage last yr iirc but doesnt seem to be there anymore lol, oh and username is your student ID, ie: CXXXXXXXX

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

If todays date doesn't work, try your date of birth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭drogbaa

Yeah, it's your date of birth. The help page is here:

http://www.dit.ie/DIT/ict_services/webmail/index.html

The link to get to the email used to be on the DIT homepage, but you have to click on the "current students" link now, and then you can log on from there.

I weas using todays date as a example to show pass formatting, I dont know ops DOB :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

whilst we are on the topic of email, does anyone know if the new system that they talk about on the squirellmail page will be any good?

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote:
    whilst we are on the topic of email, does anyone know if the new system that they talk about on the squirellmail page will be any good?
    Doubht it m8, were apparently getting a new WebCT aswell :D

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they should do what they done in trinity i think, don't they have a deal with gmail to handle all their staff/student email?

new WebCT eh? well it can't be any worse than the one in place now.

If they did gmail that would be great! But then again they wont :( Agreed with the webct, think it mite only be a version upgrade but i read about it sometime a month ago

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I think I remember the SU talking about doing a deal with gmail... or am I thinking of the TCD SU? Hmmm.. I'm nearly sure someone in DIT mentioned it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Cremo wrote:

if DIT bought into it, then no. it'll be the most archaic example of sending mail since pigeons, and people will screw up and send entire departments emails about their missing USB key when all they wanted to do was ask one lecturer about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭randomcountdown

I wish they'd use Horde with Spamassasin set up properly. Then it'd be the best email service this side of my midlans account.

Advertisement