Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Respect!

Options
  • 14-09-2007 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

got me first tatt yest and all i can say to those of you who have actual major ink is fair bloody fcuks! Really wasn't the most emjoyable thing in the world and mine is only tiny, I don't think the guy doin it was at all impressed even!

Right so, I've got six piercings, n the tatt is on a pretty fleshy area around my hip, n it wasn't at all nice, but I've been thinking about getting a tatt, under my cleavage? Base of sternum I guess you'd call it, just wondering what that would be like pain wise if anyone knows!

It's also been pointed out to me that it probably hurt more cuz I'm fairly ticklish and sensitive there...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

poke yourself and if you feel bone itl hurt more, ive a biggisg side piece going from below my hip, over my ribs to just under my shoulder. bone hurts more. ok what id recommend is eating well before going in to get the tattoo done, bring in lucozade or some fizzy drink (i brought two bottles) to give you energy. pop a nurofen as well if you dont wanna deal with the pain, wont get rid of it completely but will dull it a bit. pop a nurofen after it too and youl be right as rain.
    you just gotta prepare your body for it, physically its draining, mentally too because you are nervous.

whats your tattoo anyway? a flower with star petals? who did it for ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Thats one ugly mother, looks like a prison tattoo.

if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

DonJose wrote:
    Thats one ugly mother, looks like a prison tattoo.

Banned for a week.

pwnd!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

thanks, I went into the weird sorta shock i went into after getting my tongue done, but it was half way through it and left pretty quick, there was only bits of it that really stung, i know it's pathetic cuz it's so small but yeah!

Mariusz in Snakebite did it for me, it's just a wee flower thing I started drawing everywhere years ago, came quite attached to it and for the past 2yrs been wanting it as a tatt so finally did it

thats great, very happy for you.
    ah everyone deals with it differently, you got through it, youre still alive so its a success :D

yeah it's all good! lol :D
    Was funny when I came out of the room, my mates laughed cuz I was walking a wee bit funny, n as soon as we got outside I looked around and announced Im Hungry! Lets Get Food!...okay it was funnier at the time...but still!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Le Rack wrote:
    Was funny when I came out of the room, my mates laughed cuz I was walking a wee bit funny, n as soon as we got outside I looked around and announced Im Hungry! Lets Get Food!...okay it was funnier at the time...but still!
    :rolleyes: Yes... funny... :p

It looks great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

Le Rack wrote:

I know the feeling my legs had totally gone to jelly by the time mine was finished :D I think I will try the Nurofen the next time !!

Id say the ribs would definitely be one of the most painful places :(

• Advertisement

well I'm not exactly slim, I'd say I've enough flesh there even to handle it, and I'm not all ticklish there like on my hips...
    I was seein stars in the chair n all, n my hearing went all funny! It doesn't bother me, I just worry I'm gonna pass out with a big bleedin needle in me! lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Le Rack wrote:
    It doesn't bother me, I just worry I'm gonna pass out with a big bleedin needle in me! lol :D
    That wouldn't be anything to do with the tattooing :p:D

ye wha? no my body just gets a shcok that there's a needle being jabbed into me repeatedly or through me, but the going into shock bit doesn't bother me anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

I have that entire area tattooed from armpit to armpit and right up between my boobs, and I can safely say it's the worst pain I've ever experienced. Don't let that put you off though, if you really want it it'll be worth it in the end. Hopefully whatever you're thinking of won't take too long to do, I'm on my 5th session now and only about half finished :S

Oh and just for the record, it's been noted by a few ladies I've spoken to on the matter than extra flesh doesn't really help at all in that area, and in fact it can actually make it a bit more stingy because it's super sensitive flesh. Everybody is different though, you might be lucky :)

no way!!! ouch! well what I want is gonna be a kinda heart thing with tribal outlining, i think but I'm gettin colour n all...it's gonna hurt like fcuk I guess since bits of the little one I got were bloody sore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭aido182

Just got mine done on Thursday. Some spots make me want to jump through the roof!! Others were not too bad. You'll get through it ok :)

Le Rack wrote:
    no way!!! ouch! well what I want is gonna be a kinda heart thing with tribal outlining, i think but I'm gettin colour n all...it's gonna hurt like fcuk I guess since bits of the little one I got were bloody sore!
    Right on the sternum is the worst bit, I swear I saw God. You'll survive though ;)

gah! stop scaring me! I wanna get the piercing at top of sternum n tatt at base! n I just finished designing the tatt I want!

Ah no seriously, you'll get through it. The more prepared you are for the pain though the better you'll handle it. Even if you have to stop every few minutes you'll get through it eventually and it'll be worth it when it's done. And you can always do it in separate smaller sessions if it gets too much :)

Yeah I'm thinkin two sessions, do the tribal bit in one, which also makes the outline, then go back for the colour fill

• Advertisement

Good luck anyway! Bring some lollies or something to gnaw on and some good music to listen to.

mariusz actually plays really good music while at it!!! I'll bring some glucosey/sugarey substances none the less! not to mention the vallum!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

He was playing French death metal when I went to him lol (this was years ago) could have been Gojira.

xtruthx

Le Rack wrote:
    mariusz actually plays really good music while at it!!! I'll bring some glucosey/sugarey substances none the less! not to mention the vallum!!!
    The idea of the lollies, rather than them just being something sugary, is to have something to bite down on. Not a good idea to bite your own fingers, I learned that the hard way :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I remember having this mangled lolly stick that I'd chewed while doing a 3 hour sitting lol.

xtruthx

haha, I dunno, it sounded a bit like a less poppy version of Blink now on thursday!!!

the chair I was stradled on made a big clicky noise bout half way through from me grabbin the bottom of it so hard and he stopped and looked at me and looked at it, and went on! little bit embarrassing, was like he thought I broke his chair!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Front rib cage does hurt quite a bit, but IMO the spine is way worse.
    Arm didn't hurt much (either one) and for some reason, in spite of being a bony area, I found that the shoulder blade didn't hurt much either.

this is all really wierd cuz my piercer has his legs completely inked and he was showing em tom me one day and told me that the boney area's knees, ankles, etc, were actually less painful, and a completely different sensation but also way less painful to the fleshy area's, like calf and thigh...but I'd always heard boney areas were the worst! As I'm hearing on here!

Advertisement