Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One for the Dubs

Options
  • 14-09-2007 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

If like so many others you've moved out of Dublin to Meath (and in my case made a one year stop off in Cavan along the way), how long do you feel it takes before you consider yourself a Meath person rather than a Dub or do you think of yourself as a Dub living in Meath?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The correct term to use is "Dulchie".... a Dublin Culchie!! :p
    I'm living in the sticks now but will always be a Dub, thats were I grew up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Dulchie... I like that. I wouldn't class where I live as the sticks (Ballyhaise where I used to live is the sticks) because it's so close to Dublin and is full of Dubs.

I hate that living in a small town means people (in shops and banks in particular) take forever do to things. Slower pace of life in a small town and all that. Bull, it's only about eighteen miles outside Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lissoy

Why leave the city if you don't like living in a small town.
    The real local's don't really like you living around here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Lissoy wrote:
    Why leave the city if you don't like living in a small town.
    The real local's don't really like you living around here either.

Thats being a bit paranoid and a bit harsh to state don't you think? - and im saying that as a Navan man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I don't think there is such a thing as a real local in my area, even the pensioners seem to be Dubs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 montyballs

iam from dub living in navan 7/8 years now and have to say its the best move i ever made and i lived in a few places,i have great neighbours and the town has every thing you want and getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

The day you pull on a green and gold Jersey and live for getting one over on on the auld enemy thats the day you become a Meath person ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

I love living in Meath as its given my family such a better quality of life. With a member of my family being disabled, the peace we have is so much appreciated compared to the rough area of Dublin we moved from.
    However, I do still get vibes from some locals in the town, and you hear the comments about blow-ins and what have you, as well as coming across some pig ignorant people in shops. For the most part its the older people who behave like that, so screw them, I just bring my business elsewhere instead. In fairness, its only about 5% of people who are like that, but its annoying nonetheless.

I'll always be a Dub though, just one that lives in Meath, and really loves both counties. For Summer holidays this year, I spent a few days travelling around Meath and admiring all the sites. It really is a beautiful county with some great things to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

You can take a Dub out of Dublin, but you cant take the Dublin of of the Dub.

I moved to Navan 11 years ago and I still go to stand on Hill 16, and put Dublin Flags on the house every summer.

Advertisement