Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

heres what i see every day in work a rolls royce phantom :):) have been dying to have a shot of it but theres two chances of that :(

phantom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

BMW M6 spotted on the M1 this morning. (apologies - poor pic)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Roller on the M50 last week....

Also saw a blue AC cobra in Portmarnock village,(no pics sorry)more then likely a replica but it had a lovely sounding V8 engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

heres what i see every day in work a rolls royce phantom have been dying to have a shot of it but theres two chances of that

...........lovely Motorcar !

Where is that, who owns it ?

Isn't the Aston Vanquish the rare one ? Only ever saw one over here !

MercMad wrote:

cant say where but its owned by the state

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

I'm guessing from the car parked beside it that its the Garda workshop prob in the Park and the Rolls is "Dev's Rolls" the official presedential Roll's wheeled out on special occasions when a bit more class is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

MercMad wrote:

I've seen it on the M7 southbound taking the first turn off for Newbridge after "The Ball" - presuming a horsey person??

$Leon$ wrote:
    I'm guessing from the car parked beside it that its the Garda workshop prob in the Park and the Rolls is "Dev's Rolls" the official presedential Roll's wheeled out on special occasions when a bit more class is needed.

;)

miju wrote:
    ;)

What can I say i'm good:D

What can I say i'm good

.........yeah you should be a detective ! ;)

• Advertisement

MercMad wrote:

:D:D:D:D

MercMad wrote:

Maybe i am;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭whicawha

MercMad wrote:

I have seen at least five different Vanquish's around the country. All Irish reg too. But i suppose that still makes them rare.

Maybe i am

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

MercMad wrote:

I spotted a Roller Phantom parked outside the conference centre of the City West hotel late last year - it was more of a grey sliver but it definitely belonged to the hotel as their name was across the top of the number-plate (where Baile Atha Cliath normally goes)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

but it definitely belonged to the hotel as their name was across the top of the number-plate (where Baile Atha Cliath normally goes)

Looks like they're gonna fail their NCT so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

zuutroy wrote:
    Looks like they're gonna fail their NCT so!

:rolleyes: :) It was a '06 so i wouldn't be holding my breath too long:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

just after christmas I was picked up at the airport in Hong Kong by a brand new Phantom ... when I arrive at the hotel I realised that they were ten a penny in the hotel. They have a fleet of 14 new Phantoms!

Peninsula Hotel

I don't have a pic of my own .. was trying to pretend that a $1m car didn't phase me.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,444 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You must have a decent job :D
    whippet wrote:
    They have a fleet of 14 new Phantoms!

There's progress! They used to make do with these:

PeninsulaHotelHongKongRollsRoyce.jpg

unkel wrote:
    You must have a decent job :D

There's progress! They used to make do with these:

it wasn't a work trip .. out of my own pocket i'm afraid .. but in saying that Asia has all the luxuary with out the massive costs !!

The return transfer to airport in the phantom was only about €150 !! a taxi would have cost about €40 each way!

if you are interested this is a good insite in to their dealings with RR

http://hongkong.peninsula.com/phk/pdfs/rolls_royce_press_release.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

whippet wrote:
    it wasn't a work trip .. out of my own pocket i'm afraid .. but in saying that Asia has all the luxuary with out the massive costs !!

The return transfer to airport in the phantom was only about €150 !! a taxi would have cost about €40 each way!

There's a article in CAR i think some time ago about that hotel. Rolls had to do them a deal or they could have gone else where for a luxury car like that. The hotel have always had Rolls Roys as their fleet.

I could maybe scan it in some time if i can find the magazine and anyone wants to read it.

I must say being driven in the phantom was an unbelievable experience. The leg room and comfort is everything that you would expect it to be. The hotel had the interior designed for them so there was a few extra touches like champagne coolers, wet cold face cloths stored in a little refridgerated compartment, personal DVD players etc !!

driving at about 120kph there wasn't a hint of road noise ... just awesome !!! and the hotel is by far and away the best I have ever stayed in ... I felt like royalty for a few days!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

150 euro was cheap for a rolls royce chauffer, id love to go there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

whippet wrote:

Excellent review

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

miju wrote:
    cant say where but its owned by the state

http://homepage.eircom.net/~benhalligan/rolls_royce.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Seen this today, never seen one before in my life or even heard of it. Interesting machine :S What is it ?

dsc00036jo9.th.jpg

dsc00040vq2.th.jpg

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

HungryJoey wrote:
    Seen this today, never seen one before in my life or even heard of it. Interesting machine :S What is it ?
    It's a Jaguar XJ-S as far as I know.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Interesting, V12. Were they rare and what year around were they in production?

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

HungryJoey wrote:
    Interesting, V12. Were they rare and what year around were they in production?

Hj

There were in production from 1976 to 1996. The one in you pic is an early 90's version I think. There are a few XJ-S around the country but not too many of the V12 version.

You will find out more here

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Spotted an 07 D xxx Audi RS 4 yesterday morning on the way to work. Was on the bike so couldn't get a photo. Why would anyone spend that amount of money on an estate?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement