Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The R32's are quite popular now... Think I'll stop taking pics of them!

r32nj4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Not really that special but so so so sexy. The headlights on all alfas these days are :cool:
    3004071340ai0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

If you were heading to Dublin and they were heading to Kilkenny, how could they have "passed" you? :confused:

If I'm at one end of a corridor,and you are at the other. If we head off for the opposite end, we will pass each other (going in opposite directions) somewhere around the middle....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

testicle wrote:
    If I'm at one end of a corridor,and you are at the other. If we head off for the opposite end, we will pass each other (going in opposite directions) somewhere around the middle....
    Would we not "meet" each other at some point?

You can't "pass" someone going in the opposite direction. ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I thought this was the 'here's what I saw today' thread, but it seems that I have stumbled into the 'pedantic nit-pickers' thread instead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Phaeton

Phaeton.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Maserati around Dub over the weekend.

Pure sex0r.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

355 this morning in Limerick. Absolutely beautiful and no, it's not an MR2

355jf9.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I have a UK Reg on the back of mine and the Irish one over it.

The previous owner imported it from Plymouth and for some reason left the rear plate on and put an Irish one over the top. You can see it poking out round the side and there are yellow screws securing them both.

I presume there could be a situation where one could break and I would be left with UK rear and ROI front.

I don't drive a 456 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Bentley Continental GT
    illegal number plate (no county name in irish, and a greyish "M" logo which must belong to the selling garage)

dscf5110kg9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Not really that special but so so so sexy. The headlights on all alfas these days are :cool:
    3004071340ai0.jpg

one passed (or came against me in the opposite direction) on the east link tonight what a fabulous looking car, my god it's sexy, pity it's an alfa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

nialler wrote:
    . . . . pity it's an alfa.

It's funny - people automatically say something like that whe Alfa is mentioned. They've worked hard on improving reliability while retaining beautifully designed cars that bring a smile to the face when you hear the engine and enjoy the drive. I've had 3 over the past 6 years, no trouble at all with any of them. I'd love a Spider before I get too old to enjoy it.

On topic, it's a sign of the times when you see a Bently and think: Meh, sure there's loads of them around no point taking a picture . . . I saw 2 GTs on the departures road of Dublin Airport today and that was exactly my thoughts !! Same with BMW 7 series or Merc SLK etc. They're just not unusual anymore !

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

nialler wrote:
    one passed (or came against me in the opposite direction) on the east link tonight what a fabulous looking car, my god it's sexy, pity it's an alfa.

nialler, just interested in why exactly you "pity it's an alfa"? What would your concerns be with owning this new Spider? :confused:

nialler wrote:

Thats rich coming from a guy who drives a previous generation S-Class Merc!!! :rolleyes:

My neighbour had one, and thankfully he was wealthy enough to be able to keep repairing that heap of junk.....

prospect wrote:
    My neighbour had one, and thankfully he was wealthy enough to be able to keep repairing that heap of junk.....

Since when did this turn from 'here's what I saw today' to the 'pedantic pat' to the 'alfa basher' tread???? :rolleyes:

Since when did this turn from 'here's what I saw today' to the 'pedantic pat' to the 'alfa basher' tread???? :rolleyes:

Touche

Any spot one of these on the M7 this evening? Spotted it Northbound outside Kildare Town. Skyblue and moving too fast to get my camera out!

lamborghinigallardospydkj3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Spotted this on the M50 right after I told wifey that men should not be in convertables. Classic cars are of course an exception.

ah3000.jpg

I had no idea that it was an Austin Healey 3000 until Gatster put me right :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

redcarcw2.jpg

St. Tropez this morning. I like red cars ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

@Hagar, WOW a ferrari F430, dont think theres any in ireland, many thanks for that:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Any spot one of these on the M7 this evening? Spotted it Northbound outside Kildare Town. Skyblue and moving too fast to get my camera out!

lamborghinigallardospydkj3.jpg
    ye that gallardo spider's been spotted a few times. WW plates on it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

patsyh wrote:
    @Hagar, WOW a ferrari F430, dont think theres any in ireland, many thanks for that:rolleyes:
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

patsyh wrote:

Its not like its a GT Continental.

Thanks Hagar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Its not like its a GT Continental.

Thanks Hagar.
    Yeh but it aint an Irish car nor was the picture even taken in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Its "Here's what I saw today", not "here's what I saw today in Ireland"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Re: Fletch

So? Is the thread not called Here's what I saw today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

eljono wrote:
    Re: Fletch

So? Is the thread not called Here's what I saw today?
    Yes but it has been mentioned before that people only really want to see cars that have been photographed in Ireland. I can't be bothered trawling back through posts.

fletch wrote:
    Yes but it has been mentioned before that people only really want to see cars that have been photographed in Ireland. I can't be bothered trawling back through posts.

To be fair, there are buckets of posts of pictures taken in Puerto Buenos, LA, UK, etc. Why start going on about it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

My point being that yer man sticks up this HUGE badly taken pic of F430 that anyone can find if they google it.
    While the title is called "heres what I saw today" it has developed into heres what I saw in Ireland with about 90% of the photos being that and I'd bet if you asked the regular readers/contributors of this tread do they want to see a pic of a foreign(Belgium?) reg'd F430 parked up in Spain the answer would be no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

patsyh wrote:
    My point being that yer man sticks up this HUGE badly taken pic of F430 that anyone can find if they google it.
    While the title is called "heres what I saw today" it has developed into heres what I saw in Ireland with about 90% of the photos being that and I'd bet if you asked the regular readers/contributors of this tread do they want to see a pic of a foreign(Belgium?) reg'd F430 parked up in Spain the answer would be no.

Yeah and another thing they wouldnt like to see is long and pointless moany posts without any pictures of ANY car

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement