Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Actually seen something hillarious last night. From teh office window I noticed a white Fiat Sechento or how ever you spell it. They were obviouly trying to do it up, but it was a bog standard white model and just behind the from wheel arch...

SONY
    HKS
    G-Ready
    NOS

It looked so bad it was unbelieveable.. particularly that last one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

prospect wrote:
    Uuugh, what an ugly car
    Remind you of the old AMC Pacer, (another exceptionally rare car these days).
    However, was one of these Coupes used in an 007 movie a few years back.?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,372 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Maserati Quattroporte in Lucan village tonight as I departed from the dentist. Drove past at about 40 km/h and had to check my mirrors after having past it to confirm that indeed, it had 4 doors :)

It looks nice, very nice

The owner must be a distinguished gentleman who requires more style than a Mercedes S-class or a Jaguar XJ8 can provide

Pure speculation here, but is it a coincidence that the Italian embassy is located in Lucan village? I'd say the owner is the ambassador

Brings me to the original owner of my last car: the ambassador of Finland to Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

I think I saw that same car in Donnybrook today. Was it dark grey?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

unkel wrote:
    Pure speculation here, but is it a coincidence that the Italian embassy is located in Lucan village? I'd say the owner is the ambassador

Brings me to the original owner of my last car: the ambassador of Finland to Ireland

that car is belonging to my friends neighbour in an estate in lucan village. there is also another one in there along with a Continental GT amongst others!

the Italian ambassador has a fleet of LHD full spec Audi A8's with Irish reg. plates in numerical sequence last time I checked. Daughters are nice :D

• Advertisement

Ernie Ball wrote:

The masserati's are not as few and far between nowadays so you could probably have seen yet another! Maybe Bono's if it was over that direction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

ciarsd wrote:
    The masserati's are not as few and far between nowadays so you could probably have seen yet another! Maybe Bono's if it was over that direction?

I've seen Bono's (with him driving it) on the Stillorgan near Belfield. His is blue. This one was grey and it definitely wasn't Bono driving it. Some short-haired guy in his late 40s or early 50s.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,372 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ciarsd wrote:
    that car is belonging to my friends neighbour in an estate in lucan village. there is also another one in there along with a Continental GT amongst others!

the Italian ambassador has a fleet of LHD full spec Audi A8's with Irish reg. plates in numerical sequence last time I checked. Daughters are nice :D

Shame on him for driving a German car. The traitor :D
    Ernie Ball wrote:

No I think it was light blue or something like that

driving by liffey valley motor mall last evening and noticed a red F355 ( i presume ) from what I could see of it whilst driving.
    passed by today, no sign :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Two M3's
    A new M5

Mmmmmmm.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

ciarsd wrote:
    driving by liffey valley motor mall last evening and noticed a red F355 ( i presume ) from what I could see of it whilst driving.
    passed by today, no sign :(

There used to be one of these in the Peugot garage (again not sure of the model) in Kelly's of Clonee, its been gone a few weeks now so maybe it was 'resting' in the other Peugot garage in liffey valley.

Have also seen the same light blue Masserati up on the N4 (again by Liffey Valley) and with an oldish gent with grey hair so imagine this is the famous one being taled about here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

.....rofl

Mike.

ps check the Q & A at the bottom!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Thass a wicked motor clart. I represent the Bournemouth Bong Smoking Crew, would you be prepared to drive the motor down by yer and join us for a toke.

HA!

Yesterday at the blessington classic car show seen an origianl Austin Martin David Brown.

Beautiful looking machine. Other cars on show, NSX, Ferrari GTO, E-Type Jag, JC Cobra, Spitfire (the car not the plane) amongst others but they were the main ones that spring to mind right now. Oh and a collection of old porches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

iregk wrote:
    Yesterday at the blessington classic car show seen an origianl Austin Martin David Brown.

Was it one of these?
    aston-martin-43.jpg

That's a 1948 Aston Martin DB-1

samo wrote:
    There used to be one of these in the Peugot garage (again not sure of the model) in Kelly's of Clonee, its been gone a few weeks now so maybe it was 'resting' in the other Peugot garage in liffey valley.

Have also seen the same light blue Masserati up on the N4 (again by Liffey Valley) and with an oldish gent with grey hair so imagine this is the famous one being taled about here.

the one that was in kellys was a 360 modena - it was bought at a charity auction and merely in kellys as a statement/advertisement

that masserati is always in and around lucan village - i presume he's living there

mike65 wrote:
    .....rofl

Mike.

ps check the Q & A at the bottom!

BURBERRY!!! aghhhh :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

An Aston Martin DB9 on UK plates ay Mondello yesterday. And navy 94 993 on M50 this morning.

Was it one of these?
    That's a 1948 Aston Martin DB-1

Appologies so. I didn't think they ever went fully ahead with the DB1, I always thought the DB2 was the first of the production DB's.
    DB2-4MarkIIT.jpg
    Similar to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

ciarsd wrote:

Funny,
    About two/three weeks ago, I saw a 04-D reg Alfa 166 2.0L (with new front shape) turning into Lucan from the N4. It had diplomats reg plated also. And there was three mature gentlemen in it, all in nice suits with tans.
    The reason i spotted it was the fact it was driving very slow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Saw a white UK reg.(B regI think?)Volvo P1800 today, at the middle roundabout on the roscrea bypass, :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

glynf wrote:
    Saw a white UK reg.(B regI think?)Volvo P1800 today, at the middle roundabout on the roscrea bypass, :cool:
    WoW nice car.
    Never heard of (or seen) a P1800 and for those who are the same
    65_89_id_530_2.jpg
    From here
    Are they very rare?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Quite rare here, Beautiful car, I was tempted to follow it for a good look :)

It looked identical to this one, a 1800E.

70_42_id_777_2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Saw and Acura NDX last week in Raheny. Spotted a Ferrari 250 GT in Skibereen at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Saw this bad boy belonging to Eddie Irvine. Can't tell if it's a 550 or 575 though. It was parked outside his's go-kart track on Sunday. I've seen numerous titanium coloured and red Maranellos but the black is the most impressive.

el tel wrote:
    Saw this bad boy belonging to Eddie Irvine. Can't tell if it's a 550 or 575 though. It was parked outside his's go-kart track on Sunday. I've seen numerous titanium coloured and red Maranellos but the black is the most impressive.

looks like the older 550 model - where is his kart track located?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Saw a silver Noble M12 on the Merrion Road yesterday .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Saw a silver Noble M12 on the Merrion Road yesterday

Oooooooooo, baby, come to daddy. On Irish plates? The shiny red Maserati GT spyder in Blanch this morning fades into the background in comparision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

ciarsd wrote:
    looks like the older 550 model - where is his kart track located?

The karting centre is located on the Rathgael Road, Bangor, County Down, about 3 miles from his folks' house in Conlig.
    I pass The karting centre every week and haven't seen his car there before. I did spot him in a petrol station nearby in a 288GTO last year though.

On a side note, at the weekend, and very nearby the above, there was a fatal crash involving a Maserati.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4148138.stm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I saw a 1967 Reliant Robin 3 wheeler in bright shiny "blood Red" between Carlow and Ballon.

Robin%20Hatchback.jpg

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement