Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

zuutroy wrote:
    So what happens if someone comes around the corner in an ol' banger and smashed into him....presumably he's at fault?!

The corner to the right is onto a one way street which you can turn only enter - you can't come down that road to go round the corner as you asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The corner to the right is onto a one way street which you can turn only enter - you can't come down that road to go round the corner as you asked.
    Bottom of Church Lane? There used to be an Audi TT regularly parked there with a 77 reg. Presumably he used to own it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭whicawha

Bottom of Church Lane? There used to be an Audi TT regularly parked there with a 77 reg. Presumably he used to own it?
    Aye that was his too. I think he got the first or one of the first TT's in the country. The day he got it everyone was swarming around the car. No one had seen anything like it before. He has also had an Mx-5, a Morris Minor and a BMW 6er.

I dont think he get fined everyday as I walk past it very often and I have never seen a parking a ticket on his car. He must have an arrangement alright with something cause if it not parked in that spot its across the road in the loading bay/bus parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Don't think one of these has cropped up in the thread yet:

dsc01790yp9.th.jpgdsc01791wk3.th.jpg

Seen in Phibsboro, actually ran after it for the 2nd picture. It sounded like a Micra with a big exhaust when it pulled away from the traffic lights :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭nastysimon

jozi wrote:
    Don't think one of these has cropped up in the thread yet:

Seen in Phibsboro, actually ran after it for the 2nd picture. It sounded like a Micra with a big exhaust when it pulled away from the traffic lights :D

That's a Westfield, can't be sure of the engine, but I seriously doubt that it is any sort of Nissan one. Most likely Ford engined. It looks like a well sorted example, though more built for comfort than outright speed or enjoyment (by this type of car's standards).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

It's a factory built 1.8 SEi model with a Ford Zetec engine. A nice toy, and a doddle to modify.....

Gary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

black porsche boxter with black wheels and a few other body mods, actually looked good, uk reg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

This isn't exactly Lambo or Fezza territory but for me there is one car on the road (okay there's hundreds about) that I would love and it's the CL55 AMG. Maybe a bit of an aul lad car but I wouldn't care.

I saw an 07 CL63 AMG last weekend but I think the older shape was way cooler. How long am I going to have to wait until I can get even a CL500 for around the 40k mark... <sigh> spotted one this morning which made me think of it (attached (low quality pic))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

This isn't exactly Lambo or Fezza territory but for me there is one car on the road (okay there's hundreds about) that I would love and it's the CL55 AMG. Maybe a bit of an aul lad car but I wouldn't care.

I saw an 07 CL63 AMG last weekend but I think the older shape was way cooler. How long am I going to have to wait until I can get even a CL500 for around the 40k mark... <sigh> spotted one this morning which made me think of it (attached (low quality pic))

Don't suppose that one had a CW reg?

prospect wrote:
    Don't suppose that one had a CW reg?

Hard to read as the picture is cack - but it may have... why do you ask.. is it yourself that's in it... as the fella says?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I hate the old shape now, once you see the 07 one you fall in love :)
    If only i had the money :(

drdre wrote:
    I hate the old shape now, once you see the 07 one you fall in love :)
    If only i had the money :(

Doesn't look long enough for me... looks too much like a beefy C180 or Standard C Class at first glance. The older CL stood out more - having said that I wouldn't say no, obviously. Still a knockout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Hard to read as the picture is cack - but it may have... why do you ask.. is it yourself that's in it... as the fella says?

Nope, the Boss has one and travels that road frequently, most recently, today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭whicawha

I have to agree with you on that one. The pre gen CL is one of the best looking cars out. Also I have seen pics on the net(not pshoped) of the CL with an S-class front, makes the car look even better.

prospect wrote:
    Nope, the Boss has one and travels that road frequently, most recently, today.

That was him so. Very compliant to the speed limit, I must say. :) Hats off. Must be great crusing around in that yoke.

2 more pics - (old Ferrari for sale southside)

2 more pics - (old Ferrari for sale southside)
    that ferrari is a fake, how much are they looking for it?

tdc wrote:

I guess it's alright for me to post the price seeing as it's advertised anyway... right?

Have a guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

tdc wrote:

Pretty sure this is the same car @€;23,995

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

tdc wrote:

An incredible E23000 or thereabouts. Its at a well known dealer near Loughlinstown hospital, he's also a boxer. (the dealer, not the car ;) )

Looks good from a distance, but ive seen it up close, and its not the real deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

sure there's only a few real ones in the world and they sell for hundreds of thousands... I was going to buy one last year on ebay for £3,000 that needed a small bit of work but 23k... not a chance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ps, did you notice Jim Rocks new Q7.... another UK plate on it. his ferrari is "J1M K0" and the Q7 is "J1M RCK" - he lives in Greystones and always has the cars there, how does he get away with that...

steve06 wrote:
    ps, did you notice Jim Rocks new Q7.... another UK plate on it. his ferrari is "J1M K0" and the Q7 is "J1M RCK" - he lives in Greystones and always has the cars there, how does he get away with that...

I live beside his showroom. All his cars/jeeps are on uk plates he has ferrari 360, corvette (as shown below),X5, Q7, and has some nice jeep in the showroom,Its an american type i think its the dodge ram

http://carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=447097

tc20 wrote:
    An incredible E23000 or thereabouts. Its at a well known dealer near Loughlinstown hospital, he's also a boxer. (the dealer, not the car ;) )

Looks good from a distance, but ive seen it up close, and its not the real deal.

You are right, its not the real deal i asked him before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I would love and it's the CL55 AMG. Maybe a bit of an aul lad car but I wouldn't care.

I saw one today near where I live, reg plate, wait for it, CL 55 AMG and it was driven by an aul lad. But he had a bit of class.

Sorry no pic but I'll keep an eye out for it over the next few days.

leeson st today- grey porsche turbo and green bentley arnage

anyone know whats so special about leeson st that alot of the ferraris, porsches, bentleys, etc. drive through there every day. recently there was a pic of the ford gt there. why leeson st?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Hows about this for blatent disregard for the law !!!!!

dsc00045cz7.jpg

sharkman wrote:
    Hows about this for blatent disregard for the law !!!!!

dsc00045cz7.jpg

Yeah lets get the emergency response unit quick. For crimes against taste:D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭trant

No pics but I saw a Mercedes CLS320 CDI with.. you guessed it.. V8 Kompressor badges on the side (in the wrong place) and a 'V8 S' badge on the back (in the wrong place, at the bottom of the boot lid).. Best of all, the chap had left the 320 CDI badge on it too!

I can't understand people that buy decent cars such as this and decide to ruin it by putting stupid badges on it that anyone with half a clue about cars could spot a mile away!

trant wrote:
    No pics but I saw a Mercedes CLS320 CDI with.. you guessed it.. V8 Kompressor badges on the side (in the wrong place) and a 'V8 S' badge on the back (in the wrong place, at the bottom of the boot lid).. Best of all, the chap had left the 320 CDI badge on it too!

I can't understand people that buy decent cars such as this and decide to ruin it by putting stupid badges on it that anyone with half a clue about cars could spot a mile away!

Makes no sense whatsoever. V8 Kompressor or V8 S won't mean Jack to most people and the only people who it would impress would know it's fake pretty quickly. Just stupid. Shame you've no pics because that eeejit should be named and shamed. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

On the topic of retarded badges, there's a CLS doing the rounds with a CLS55 badge on the left and an AMG badge on the right, but no side V8 Kompressor badges and only two exhausts. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement