Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Hagar wrote:
    I saw one today near where I live, reg plate, wait for it, CL 55 AMG and it was driven by an aul lad. But he had a bit of class.

Sorry no pic but I'll keep an eye out for it over the next few days.

Although my dream car is a CL55 (I'm 38) there's a CLS55 around these parts (Ringsend) that made me wet me pants when it roared off, I thought it was WWII and a spitfire was going by, sex sound.

Now I'd have a 500 anyday sexy sexy car but there's no room in the back, prefer me S as it's got acres of room but you can't get 2 suitcases in the boot. I'd suppose when you can buy them new you're not worried about things like that, were the rest of us are.

oh and EDIT I think the new CL is lovely, much prefer the front, now if ya could attach those lights to the old CL perfect harmony.

Check this out, can anyone identify it cos I'm in love:

NICE.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

qz wrote:
    On the topic of retarded badges, there's a CLS doing the rounds with a CLS55 badge on the left and an AMG badge on the right, but no side V8 Kompressor badges and only two exhausts. :rolleyes:

Aye, I saw a Mercedes S600 CDI before on the M50 a few months back. Who are these idiots?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

Max_Damage wrote:
    Aye, I saw a Mercedes S600 CDI before on the M50 a few months back. Who are these idiots?

Don't think there's 5.5 litre diesel in the merc range think the 320 cdi is as big as it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

nialler wrote:
    Don't think there's 5.5 litre diesel in the merc range think the 320 cdi is as big as it goes.
    I think they do on the continent? ???

• Advertisement

I stand corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

The cls 63 amg is sveeeeeet! Haven't seen one in Ireland yet tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

sharkman wrote:
    Hows about this for blatent disregard for the law !!!!!

dsc00045cz7.jpg

Operating a camera (mobile phone?) while driving????

Traumadoc wrote:
    Also looks like he/she may have been in a bus lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

The biggest diesel in RHD cars is the 320CDi. They do a 420CDi on the continent but I had never heard of the 600CDi !!

There's a guy out near me who was swanning around in his CL, badged as a CL65 AMG V12 BiTurbo, with all the correct badging, however it was a 55 AMG V8 Kompressor and you can tell so easily from the sound. During a conversation with the guy valetting the car I pointed this out, it has "V8 Kompressor" written on the speedo !

Anyway the owner came along and decided to stand his ground, claiming tha dash had been replaced incorrectly and all sorts of crap. I pointed out the wheels, which are anthracite on a 65, nope he still stood his ground !

One of the guys cleaing it opened the bonnet, so I sprinted around and pinted out that he was missing two cylinders and two turbos, but somehow had gained a Supercharger !!

A complete tosser !!

If I had a 55 AMG I would be very proud of it, in fact I prefer the V8 Superchgarged engine !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

The cls 63 amg is sveeeeeet! Haven't seen one in Ireland yet tho

Seen an ML63 AMG last week on the M1, twas on yellow plates. Have a photo on my phone, must try and load that software again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

sharkman wrote:
    Hows about this for blatent disregard for the law !!!!!

dsc00045cz7.jpg
    anyone know where to get these kind of plates printed?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

fletch wrote:
    Also looks like he/she may have been in a bus lane.

As I drive a Taxi and was stopped in traffic , I am operating within the law Garda ! :D;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

steve06 wrote:
    anyone know where to get these kind of plates printed?

exactly, I guess halfords is out of the question, must be a local motor factors

sharkman wrote:
    As I drive a Taxi and was stopped in traffic , I am operating within the law Garda ! :D;):D
    That's me told :D Although the engine was still on I presume? :confused:

just another aston...

dsc02275uq7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Hey steve thats some camera you've got, whats the make and model.

Sony cybershot DSC-H5 12x optical zoom... keep it in the glove box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

tdc wrote:
    nice brabus SL, i much prefer that to the brabus/kahn S-class des cullen gets in bulk these days. maybe its just me but i think the kahn wheels are hideous.

kahn do have some nice wheels.I seen a special edition black ones on a porsche on the net, cant find the picture at the moment
    They have some amazing stock of cars at the moment

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

steve06 wrote:
    just another aston...

dsc02275uq7.jpg

Looks like the reg is 06 D 8900, so not a normal D 89, but not far off it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

^^^ Facing backwards, on a dual carriageway / motorway...
    Traumadoc wrote:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Hagar wrote:

Could have been taken in the rear view mirror, and then reversed the photo?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

He could be a passenger in a LHD car!

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

Look like he was stopped in traffic at the time !! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Biggish gaps between cars... I don't think so.

Without wanting to rain on the parade, am I the only one who thinks too many people are taking risks just to have a photo to post here?

Hagar wrote:
    lol.... last friday eve, long weekend traffic, drivers side mirror and I reversed the pic. my que wasn't moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

steve06 wrote:
    lol.... last friday eve, long weekend traffic, drivers side mirror and I reversed the pic. my que wasn't moving.

Actually I thought that as soon as I saw it. I was trying to figure out why the focus was out but could not see anything at that point to attract the autofocus system in the camera . . . . I'll get me anorak . . . .

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

New Porche 911 Turbo in Waterford on the ORR I tried to 'take' him..!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

mike65 wrote:
    New Porche 911 Turbo in Waterford on the ORR I tried to 'take' him..!

also spotted a new 911 Turbo, smoke silver, 07 WW xxx on the southern cross road, bray at lunchtime today, drool..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Limerick's dealer Frank Hogan is driving a 07 CL63 amg... I must get a picture or two of it... I;ve yet to see him going over 40mph in it haha:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement