Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

New Audi A5 3.2. Very nice in the flesh although I thought a subtler choice of wheels would have suited it better.

1305071526lp1.th.jpg

1305071527fl2.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

The side and rear profiles look very like the 3 series coupe (apart from the back of the rear window).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

The only detail changed on the car is that it does have the original tyres, IIRC they are Michelin Cup tyres, almost like slicks. Was this CSL model more of a marketing ploy than a real world improvement over the normal M3.

Well one of the huge things was the engine. I got a look at it, didn't get a pic, but only for the fact the owner had to pull out a dead robin, the carbon fibre engine was beautilful!!

eljono wrote:
    New Audi A5 3.2. Very nice in the flesh although I thought a subtler choice of wheels would have suited it better.

1305071526lp1.th.jpg

1305071527fl2.th.jpg

Where was that taken???

Where was that taken???

Adare. It's being unveiled there and was being unloaded from a trailer as I arrived.

• Advertisement

Cool out. That's some car. Love Audi's. I saw this Aston one day in Limerick. One of three which Frank Hogan sold.... Another person who can't wash cars.
    DB9.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Cool out. That's some car. Love Audi's. I saw this one day in Limerick. One of three which Frank Hogan sold.... Another person who can't wash cars.
    DB9.jpg

:D
    whoa what kindof car is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Steoob wrote:
    whoa what kindof car is that?
    Aston Martin DB9

I remember Frank Hogan had two in his showroom at one time... The windows were pawed with fingerprints from people looking in haha, i left my mark:D Then he sold them and i saw one of them passing me a week or two later. Hence the pic. Should of taken a vid! The sound is unbelievable

Ya, my friend and I also went down to check it out when he got the first one in. Have you seen his latest wheels? New CL63 AMG!

Seeing as you like Audis (sp. Audii?), I also saw this among a load of A8's and Q7's.

1305071543gg3.th.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

guy who posted it said it was an audi?

NO i was sayin that the audi on the previous was nice(problem solved now). Must get a pic of his new CL... he passed me twice in it.. I think he is afraid to go over 40 kmph in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I saw this Aston one day in Limerick. One of three which Frank Hogan sold.... Another person who can't wash cars
    Here's a clean one for you Limerick-man. ;)

Here's a clean one for you Limerick-man. ;)
    Nice job... Isn't on limerick plates though lol!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

eljono wrote:
    Ya, my friend and I also went down to check it out when he got the first one in. Have you seen his latest wheels? New CL63 AMG!

Seeing as you like Audis (sp. Audii?), I also saw this among a load of A8's and Q7's.

1305071543gg3.th.jpg

I saw one of those new allroads on the road today. It doesn't have anything like the presence of the previous model. Doesn't seem to be jacked up as much as the old model either. It was in silver, with a good bit of dirt on it so the aluminium trims didn't show up at all..

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

About that Clio V6 spotted by Longshanks100:
    Originally Posted By drdre
    That looks ugly,its the same price as a new R32 golf . I think everyone would prefer the golf to this piece of crap
    Erm, you're a bit wrong here. For a start they don't make the Clio V6 anymore, and it's a mid engined piece of insanity with no rear seats - there is absolutely no comparision with an R32 apart the fact they are both hatchbacks and have 6-cylinder engines (though the Clio has no real boot to speak of). Fair play to whoever bought it, as it is a genuine enthusiasts car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

MercMad - is this it?

..........yeah thats the car, and I agree with you !

Good HPI link too !

Seesm like this car has been in Ireland well over a year without being VRT'd !

I wonder will he change the badges then ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

Gatster wrote:
    About that Clio V6 spotted by Longshanks100:

Erm, you're a bit wrong here. For a start they don't make the Clio V6 anymore, and it's a mid engined piece of insanity with no rear seats - there is absolutely no comparision with an R32 apart the fact they are both hatchbacks and have 6-cylinder engines (though the Clio has no real boot to speak of). Fair play to whoever bought it, as it is a genuine enthusiasts car :)

totally agree, they are completly different cars, and if i had to choose? it would be the Clio every day of the week, they are just totally insane (and who gives a crap about boot or passenger space?). I've driven a brand new R32, yes they are fast, but like most new cars nowadays, they also feel boring and over insulated to drive, the Clio just feels... Raw..... I like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

steve06 wrote:
    lol at the narrowness of the rear track :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

It's a normal replica, its just that the photos are distorted!

As the seller says: 'ideal with oryginal F355'...Would you buy a car off someone who wrote that?!!

na, not a normal replica. Look at the side intakes, they're miles away from the rear of the car.

Saw this onfront of me last week in Clare. Never heard anything like it and only when up close u realise how wide it is!!:D
    DSCI0111.jpg

Also i've found out that there is a 07LK2 registered Bently!! If any has a picture or knows where this is do post... I'm guessing it's J.P's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I saw a new Rolls royce phantom in Dundalk the other day with a reg of "JB 7". My brother works in boylesports and say it belong to John Boyle.
    Behind was a 07 Aston Martin
    will uploads Pics later

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

Aye seen this aswell, so it before out by armagh too.
    Also seems to be a few ferraris knockin about aswell. In th past month ive seen 2 F430 one Polish reg the other LH and also an F355 which I see about town regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

One of 12 M3 CSl's in Ireland, and believe me, it was the real thing. Flip paddle gear box, carbon fibre roof, 19" wheels and lot's of other goodies.
    BmwM3csl5.jpg

passed this in Mountrath when heading back to Limerick.....looked class....and was closely followed by a 'normal' M3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

antodeco wrote:
    Looks like the reg is 06 D 8900, so not a normal D 89, but not far off it :D

except the car is a V8 Vantage....not a DB9

dsc02275uq7.jpg

Found these lying around Limerick!

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

SP_A0193.jpg

SP_A0095.jpg

SP_A0089.jpg

@ Limerick Man: Is the black Gallardo in front of the arena?

• Advertisement

isn't this the black galardo that's had it's clutch replaced 3 times already...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement