Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

steve06 wrote:
    isn't this the black galardo that's had it's clutch replaced 3 times already...

Women drivers! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

eljono wrote:
    @ Limerick Man: Is the black Gallardo in front of the arena?

Certainly looks like the Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

It would be the arena yes. He had it parked in dirt showing it off.. Except for the dirt part i wouldn't blame him :D Excuse the pic quaility...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Raging I didn't go up to the college today, I've never gotten a close look at a Gallardo. Love them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

steve06 wrote:
    isn't this the black galardo that's had it's clutch replaced 3 times already...

Wow 3 times.They must be loaded :)
    Is that car supplied through des cullen or someone else.Love the hummers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

If it's the Dublin reg, Des Cullen had it and sold it to Richford who then sold it on. Clutch on the Gallardo's is crap, 5k a pop too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

steve06 wrote:
    If it's the Dublin reg, Des Cullen had it and sold it to Richford who then sold it on. Clutch on the Gallardo's is crap, 5k a pop too.

Its only crap because the owners don't use them right, another reason why people shouldnt be allowed to jump straight into a super car.

Like the Carrera GT, use the clutch correctly and you can do donoughts and hard launches all day long, use it wrong and clutch can go within a few hundread miles as many have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

whats the difference in the clutch? and whats the correct way to use it in a supercar.

Its wednesday lotto tonight, I might win. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

the prob with the clutch it that the car is a E-Gear model and so because there is no push on the clutch it goes in very fast. Because these cars are designed to drive fast, if you're driving slow most of the time and the clutch is consistantly being moved around fast without the power behind it, it gets warn fast. Also when the car is sitting idol it should be kept in nuetral too.

You can get a software and hardware upgrade from Lambo to help the clutch become more intelligent and get use to your driving style.

Before

image1396fl6.jpg

After letting your mate drive your car
    3gt3_20070219_001.jpg

Wheels are different as the owner had changed them a few weeks before accident for the facelift GT2 ones,

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/exotics/3gt3_20070219_001.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Did the driver go to heaven to?

EDIT: Just read the link....imagine only escaping with 2 broken legs after that!

no few broken legs though according to the wrecked exotic link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

The roof has been cut off...other than that the passenger compartment doesn't seem to have crumpled too much.

sure thats a real GT3 the bodykit looks like it had a bad spray job, also I remember seeing that driving around d4 one day, the guy driving was fairly chuffed with it. damn what a waste any ideas how his *mate crashed it?

sure thats a real GT3 the bodykit looks like it had a bad spray job, also I remember seeing that driving around d4 one day, the guy driving was fairly chuffed with it. damn what a waste any ideas how his *mate crashed it?

its not a GT3, GT3 kit is way different, GT2 is a completely different car to GT2, was targeted to a different audience altogether and drove completely different(grand tourer versus track oriented GT3) and the GT2 was also about £40k more expensive than GT3 new

thanks I know the difference.. the post said GT3 which is now edited. Happy camper me. any ideas how the accident happened though. Aggh I would have had words.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Oh man, thats nasty.

Wonder was it crashed on the track or just outside on the mainroad....

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

flanzer wrote:
    Did the driver go to heaven to? EDIT: Just read the link....imagine only escaping with 2 broken legs after that!
    Was it the owner broke his legs?

patsyh wrote:
    no few broken legs though according to the wrecked exotic link

I'm convinced that Porsches are simply devices for culling poor drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

Oh man, thats nasty.

Wonder was it crashed on the track or just outside on the mainroad....

wink, wink .... I suppose there is no way his mate was driving it cos the owners legs were hurt while he was on the track?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Originally Posted by ronoc
    I'm convinced that Porsches are simply devices for culling poor drivers.

Slightly on/off-topic, but when I was back home in sunny footballer-belt Cheshire at the weekend my Dad's Doctor friend told him he's had 7 people in the surgery all complaining of back problems within months of buying either Boxsters or Caymans. Quite what they were expecting when trading in their X5's/Range Rovers/Cayennes* is beyond me...:rolleyes:

*Delete as appropriate

Saw lots (2x Ferraris, Aston, 3x XKR's, Phantom, Bentley Arnage etc. etc) go past the bar I was in on Friday, but got no photos, mainly because it was p!ssing down :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

patsyh wrote:
    Before

image1396fl6.jpg

After letting your mate drive your car
    3gt3_20070219_001.jpg

Wheels are different as the owner had changed them a few weeks before accident for the facelift GT2 ones,

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/exotics/3gt3_20070219_001.shtml

Stealing my images now are we :L

http://hungryjoey.sparky-s.com/PhoenixParkRaces/Image1396.jpg
    http://hungryjoey.sparky-s.com/PhoenixParkRaces/Image1392.jpg

What a pity about the car - It was hawt!

Hj

HungryJoey wrote:
    Stealing my images now are we :L

got them from earlier on in the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I always knew there was a reason why i hated those stick on bagdes for cars, ie. type r, 16V, 4motion etc.... and walkin around i found an even bigger reason.

08-02-07_1314.jpg
    this is why i think they should be band. It saddens me to think some1 in Limerick has this on their car:mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I always knew there was a reason why i hated those stick on bagdes for cars, ie. type r, 16V, 4motion etc.... and walkin around i found an even bigger reason.

this is why i think they should be band. It saddens me to think some1 in Limerick has this on their car:mad: :(

He could of atleast stuck it on a Zetec, not an LX :)

Mind you I did see a 98 Passat TDI (all silver) with the most hidious big " V6 " Badge stuck right beside it. That gave me a laugh :D If they were going to do it at all they could of atleast put one of these VW badges on;

v6rr.jpg

Instead, they used one like (Or one similar);
    CR7111.jpg

I mean why bother at all!

Hj

image010zu2.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Perhaps somebody can enlighten me, I was under the impression that the "1" Registration number has always been reserved for the Lord Mayor each year?

I can only assume that the Lord Mayor has taken to driving around in a Renault Espace for some odd reason?:confused:

(apologies for pics,taken with mobile phone)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I can only assume that the Lord Mayor has taken to driving around in a Renault Espace for some odd reason

.........and why not ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Those M Coupes are sooooo nice.

• Advertisement

Those M Coupes are sooooo nice.
    Yeh they look so fit! Definitely a car I'm going to own at some stage in my life!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement