Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I always knew there was a reason why i hated those stick on bagdes for cars, ie. type r, 16V, 4motion etc.... and walkin around i found an even bigger reason.

this is why i think they should be band. It saddens me to think some1 in Limerick has this on their car:mad: :(
    Keeping up in with the theme, this morning i saw a Skoda Octavie RS
    dsc01797re0.th.jpg

I've seen a 300C Taxi a few times around Drumconda, you cant be serious that he's using it to drive people around? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

mcauley wrote:
    Perhaps somebody can enlighten me, I was under the impression that the "1" Registration number has always been reserved for the Lord Mayor each year?

I can only assume that the Lord Mayor has taken to driving around in a Renault Espace for some odd reason?:confused:

(apologies for pics,taken with mobile phone)

You're right...The contract is with Renault now, used to be Volvo...AFAIK the '06 was a Velsatis

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

@zuutroy

So that actually IS his car?! Hardly the kinda classy models that Volvo use to offer is it?

Given that I dont KNOW much about the Espace...but on first glance I think the Volvo would appeal more...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

jozi wrote:
    Keeping up in with the theme, this morning i saw a Skoda Octavie RS
    dsc01797re0.th.jpg

I've seen a 300C Taxi a few times around Drumconda, you cant be serious that he's using it to drive people around? :S

There is a vRS version, and that Octavia aint one of 'em :cool:

Here ya go
    oct_vrs_pana.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

The Lord Mayor had a Vel Satis prior to the Espace.. Was Volvo for years previous to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I always knew there was a reason why i hated those stick on bagdes for cars, ie. type r, 16V, 4motion etc.... and walkin around i found an even bigger reason.

08-02-07_1314.jpg
    this is why i think they should be band. It saddens me to think some1 in Limerick has this on their car:mad: :(

Dear god that's bad. If he had put RS on it or something it wouldn't be too bad but that's just retarded.

I've seen a fair few civics around with the type r badge and the red front grill and all they really do is make a load of noise while going nowhere. Quite sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Another Chevy SSR fresh off the boat from the USA...

ssr3.jpg

And there's a prize for the first one to identify this baby!!

aaa.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

That Chevy is vile!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Oh man, thats nasty.

Wonder was it crashed on the track or just outside on the mainroad....

Re the GT2 - I "believe" that the "mate" was a member of the Gardai (off duty) who got a spin (literally) in the car. Supposedly it was wrapped around a local tree and the owner, who was a passenger, was badly injured but Thankfully will recover.

Apparently too it was only 3rd party insurance so no replacement GT2 - but I hear the tree is not claiming so they got away there.

Regards
    Paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Joeyjoejoe Jnr

Do-more wrote:
    Another Chevy SSR fresh off the boat from the USA...

ssr3.jpg

And there's a prize for the first one to identify this baby!!

aaa.jpg

Frank was obviously showing you around his gaff.

Thats his second Chevy SSR, the other one is purple. The silver car is a Shelby Series 1. Please send my prize to P.O Box 1, Ireland

• Advertisement

zuutroy wrote:
    That Chevy is vile!

I guess you won't be making an offer on this one so! :D

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=682864

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote:
    I guess you won't be making an offer on this one so! :D

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=682864

40k!...I can think of a lot better things to spend 40k on! It's like the sports car, truck, and space-craft division got together on a project (and made a hash of it!)

The silver car is a Shelby Series 1.

And the Boards Golden Anorak Award goes to Joeyjoejoe Jnr !!! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Caliden wrote:
    Dear god that's bad. If he had put RS on it or something it wouldn't be too bad but that's just retarded.

I've seen a fair few civics around with the type r badge and the red front grill and all they really do is make a load of noise while going nowhere. Quite sad.

If u think that one was bad, i saw a Skoda Octavia, 99, with the skoda badges gone, and bmw badges replacing them. They weren't even stuck on evenly:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

If u think that one was bad, i saw a Skoda Octavia, 99, with the skoda badges gone, and bmw badges replacing them. They weren't even stuck on evenly:(
    let me guess.... in Limerick? ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

el diablo wrote:
    let me guess.... in Limerick? ;)
    bang on;) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Apparently too it was only 3rd party insurance so no replacement GT2

OMG What a nut job, Why oh, Why would you not have it fully covered?

S.

PS. Glad to hear he is alright, I would not like to be his mate when his is fully recovered though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I've seen afew of those Chevy SSR's about, a yellow one yesterday !

God awful looking !

I assume the insurance situation was the usual one in that the driver was fully comp, but anyone else was 3rd party !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Frank was obviously showing you around his gaff.

Thats his second Chevy SSR, the other one is purple. The silver car is a Shelby Series 1. Please send my prize to P.O Box 1, Ireland

He also owns an Escalade.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Going home yesterday I spotted a Black 07-D Rolls Royce in the bus lane of the nangor road.
    He used the bus lane all the way up to the new link road between the N7 and Lucan.
    He then weaved between lanes up as far as the bridge over the N7.
    He stayed in the right lane, and took the first exit at the roundabout to merge with the Naas road. Eventually he turned off at the Citywest Hotel Exit.

Now, he made feck all ground with all his messing, but talk about drawing attention to yourself, what a gobsh1te. Impressive looking car though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

MercMad wrote:
    I assume the insurance situation was the usual one in that the driver was fully comp, but anyone else was 3rd party !

Of course...... Still though, I cant imagine letting a mate drive it hard unless you knew they could handle it 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Porsche 911 something at the kings inn and a new 335i convertable at tesco phibsboro, looked nice enough.

About that skoda i posted the other day, it had cheap RS stickers on the door as well as authentic aluminium look a like plastic wheel covers :S

hi5 wrote:
    He also owns an Escalade.

caddyki0.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Can anyone shed any light on this reg I spotted earlier ? I thought maybe it was a car out for a test drive / for sale but I guessed it would still need to have a valid registration to be on the road at all??

dsc00465ae6.th.jpg

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I suspect its an 03, but it could be an import or a unsalesman friendly registration.

But yes, it should have either the correct reg or a dealer plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Saw this yesterday. Still can't understand why you would do such a thing.

dsc00191xr3.jpg

dsc00192gk9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

DJ Hafez wrote:
    Saw this yesterday. Still can't understand why you would do such a thing.QUOTE]

The only reason I can think of is that he/she(unlikely?) assumed he would become a topic of conversation on here, amongst other places...:confused:

That Escalade dwarfs the Q7 just behind it!:eek:
    I'd like to see one in person myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

DJ Hafez wrote:
    Saw this yesterday. Still can't understand why you would do such a thing
    Yes, the shame of it...Cork plates! :D

On a serious note, it probably explains the lack of an NCT disc. ;)

DJ Hafez wrote:
    That Escalade dwarfs the Q7 just behind it!:eek:
    I'd like to see one in person myself...

"OK Dougal, one more time...this one is small....those ones are far away.....far away"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

On a serious note, it probably explains the lack of an NCT disc. ;)

The NCT centre was actually only accross the road from where that pic was taken :p heh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement