Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Image027.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

prospect wrote:
    Spotted this on the N7 southbound yesterday, between Rathcoole & Naas.

The Reg was V CRAZY

Picture as taken by back seat passenger before anyone feels like giving out.

ugh, lol heres me thinking 'if the reg is as crazy as you say, i'd at least think you'd stick a pic up or at least say what it was' and then spent a few minutes squinting at the photo trying to see what it was before I twigged it... :o

one of those afternoons :rolleyes: isnt it friday yet? :o:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

V CRAZY.... here's a V FAST

547769854_366a21e512.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1069/543854726_42f0178d80.jpg

Saw the same car, same colour anyway in a dealership on the Naas road on Monday !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

hi5 wrote:
    Dont know why there aren't more of those in Ireland,VRT exemp(€50),VAT reclaimable,RHD, €253 road tax,Oh and a 6.0 liter 400 bhp Corvette motor for propulsion!
    I suppose most people only buy whats directly marketed to them.
    Anyone know what the exchange rate is for the AUD/€:)

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/modeloverview?modelid=15002

costs 41,000 AUD= about €28,000 + another €2000 or so for ro-ro shipping,+22% import duty=6,500

Total about €37,000

and why would you want to pay 40 grand for a 6L lump, with two seats that could only squeeze about 260hp for monsterous MPG figure?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

MercMad wrote:
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1069/543854726_42f0178d80.jpg

Saw the same car, same colour anyway in a dealership on the Naas road on Monday !!
    Different car... This was in Puerto Banus.

You sure it was the same? with these wheels and this kit? Very unique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

whippet wrote:
    and why would you want to pay 40 grand for a 6L lump, with two seats that could only squeeze about 260hp for monsterous MPG figure?

Because it is a break from the norm.

Different car... This was in Puerto Banus.

You sure it was the same? with these wheels and this kit? Very unique.

...no, no I meant same type and colour, standard wheels, I knew that was PB..............something about the Sun in the piccie !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

whippet wrote:

You wouldnt,but €37,000 for a two seater with the practicality of a pickup,with 400bhp not 260,with an all alloy multi valve engine good for 200,000 miles with basic maintanance(hardly a lump) and with 20 mpg (hardly monstrous) then yes I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I was fair bored today in work.. and tired... so i bought myself a mag... And this woke me up... I technically saw it today... it doesn't day it can't be in a mag. Any1 want to holler a guess at what it is??
    DSC00308.jpg

I should of deleted the name....lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

I was fair bored today in work.. and tired... so i bought myself a mag... And this woke me up... I technically saw it today... it doesn't day it can't be in a mag. Any1 want to holler a guess at what it is??
    DSC00308.jpg

I should of deleted the name....lol
    yep, we all know it's the new Impreza. pretty disgusting looking car, in my opinion... :eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote:
    yep, we all know it's the new Impreza. pretty disgusting looking car, in my opinion... :eek:

U see here;s my confusion. I have seen a new design of the old model, ie the front is changed a bit due for next october or something... yet the mag said the saloon is completely going along with the beloved wrx engine... Where are they going??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Any1 want to holler a guess at what it is??

Well the last time i checked my ability to read still works.......is it the new scubby Impreza?? Bloody rotten:(
    Pitty the Saabaru doesn't seem to be coming over this end of the pond. Lovely looking motor with Impreza underpinnings....
    5449124023511091fg6.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Did anyone see the bright pink subaru impreza in liffy valley this evening around 5? couldnt believe the state of it, hadnt got my camera phone with me unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Looks like a cross between the new corsa and the Eighth generation civic (newest one)... not that nice, very plastic. give me a golf any day over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Shrimp wrote:
    Looks like a cross between the new corsa and the Eighth generation civic (newest one)... not that nice, very plastic. give me a golf any day over it.
    From the that view it looks more like the current mazda 3, with undersized wheels, that anything else

27-01-07_1703.jpg
    Not a great camera

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

draffodx wrote:
    Did anyone see the bright pink subaru impreza in liffy valley this evening around 5? couldnt believe the state of it, hadnt got my camera phone with me unfortunately

Is that the one with those pink multi spoke alloys as well? That's always in and around that area... words cant describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

draffodx wrote:
    Fortunately? ;)

Fortunately? ;)

haha but i wanted a pic to stick up here, havent had one yet :D

yeh it had pink alloys too, i had to rub my eyes a few times before realising it was real and then having to stop myself from getting sick.

• Advertisement

Doesnt it remind you fo this, except for the rear lenses ?

Alfa%20Romeo%20147%202004.jpg

Sorry about the size BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

14062007055ih3.jpg
    Lovely new Carerra S.....shame about the Ford Transit that was stuck to the front drivers wing.

oh crap, did you see it happening? wonder who's fault it was? the porsche looks to be in a funny position, unless the van hit it fairly hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

dsc01616ql2.jpg

dsc01615is3.jpg

dsc01618dx9.jpg

dsc01619wj7.jpg

dsc01620sn3.jpg

dsc01621cw0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

tdc wrote:
    actually QZ is right. that 430 belongs to louis ronans son. his dad got it for him for his 21st birthday!

same car

That chap also has a Bentley continental and a lovely properly done up 350z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

cabla wrote:
    That chap also has a Bentley continental and a lovely properly done up 350z
    yea ive heard about the 350z, his uncle johnnys got an slr and a maybach too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I check this thread regularly and used to contribute quite a bit back in the day but I have to say there is some $hite posted here these days. Half the time I think people are taking the piss with some of the mundane and common things they report.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

el tel wrote:
    I check this thread regularly and used to contribute quite a bit back in the day but I have to say there is some $hite posted here these days. Half the time I think people are taking the piss with some of the mundane and common things they report.
    feel free to unsubscribe yourself from this thread so. box.gif

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

el tel wrote:

I agree completely, there are a handfull of users that regularly post great pictures of great cars, the rest of the time i think that this thread should be killed off- then AJ/QZ/Steve 06 chime in and i like the thread again:p

this thread is supposed to be for rare/expensive cars. i know some members dont agree with only posting expensive cars, so if they dont like it they should start their own "budget here's what i saw today" thread where they can feel free to post their ford focus', audi TT's etc. then everyones happy!

there should be some kind of guideline as to what should be posted. heres what i think, please feel free to tell me if you agree/disagree

the goes without saying
    • aston martin
    • ferrari
    • lamborghini
    • rolls royce
    • porsche*

the special cars from normal marques
    • merc SLR/63,65 AMG
    • BMW M5/M6/NEW M3
    • bentley GTC/azure/04+ arnage*
    • ford GT
    • audi R8
    • maserati quatroporte

the rest.......should they be posted?
    • bentley GT/flying spur
    • merc 55 AMG's*
    • maserati coupe/spider
    • porsche carrera/cayman
    • lotus elise
    • kahn range rover

*by porsche i mean turbo/GT2/GT3/Carrera GT, no carrera or boxter

*i know i said bentley was a normal marque but i really just mean the GT/flying spur, same goes for maserati.

*also, the only mercs that should be posted should be AMG's. no CL/SL under a 55 AMG.

Anyone disagree with me here? i think that this is the only way this thread is going to survive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭38psi

I agree with tdc, were getting too many run of the mill car pics. IMO the Kahn Range Rovers should be left out as it is a crime to put so much hideous bling on such nice motors.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement