Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Is that Gallardo Navy? on Irish plates?

ok I saw the big pic now.... love the Gallardo, even with it's clutch issues and the whole "baby lambo" tag I'd still choose one over an F430

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Sorry about that. Those thumbnails always give me trouble, I'm never sure which link to copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

lafors wrote:
    I hope I'm the first :D
    I saw an Audi R8 on the way to work tonight (about 6:32pm ;) ).
    It was travelling in the direction of leixlip on the road behind Intel.
    It was sitting behind an A6 with another car behind it.
    It had these mad strip of really bright led lights (on obviously) under its main lamps.

Pretty cool, pity I didn't get a pic, I was half thinking of turning and following it to get one, had to get to work though :(

Anyone else seen it?
    Can anyone check to see if there are actually any in Ireland... i.e. was I just seeing things?

Might have been heading to Mondello Park? The Audi Sportscar track day starts there next week. R8, S5, S8 and RS4 AFAIK. Was it a german reg car???

bennyx_o wrote:
    Yea, I thought it was the one from Sports and Classics, but it's a different reg.

Was amused at a guy in an Evo 5 thinking he was keeping up with it till the guy in the GT put his foot down.

I posted it when it was in punestown last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

ronoc wrote:
    I posted it when it was in punestown last year!

Different reg.

bennyx_o wrote:
    Different reg.

Whats the reg of the GT in your picture I can't make it out? There are supposedly 2 GTs in Ireland according to the papers.

06d63333

Ah so it is a different one.

One thing that strikes you when you see it in person is the size of the rear wheels. They are huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

The one ronoc posted up is the one from Sport & Classic.

Re: the audi R8, there was one spotted by kdevitt in and around Kerry region last year (no doubt suspension testing :D). It was on German plates I think.

There is at least one Irish reg'd R8 - I've a pic somewhere (unregistered) was awaiting delivery/plates at the time, but now on the road.

• Advertisement

ronoc wrote:
    Ah so it is a different one.

One thing that strikes you when you see it in person is the size of the rear wheels. They are huge!
    Thought the same thing myself when I saw them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

There's a GT sitting in the Ford dealers in Galway, too, so that means that there are at least 3 of them in Ireland.

Unless the dealer has moved it...

Fey! wrote:
    There's a GT sitting in the Ford dealers in Galway, too, so that means that there are at least 3 of them in Ireland.

Unless the dealer has moved it...

Hmm, I wonder if it's the same 'display' model that was in Airton Ford last year? (Car #101).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

ciarsd wrote:
    Hmm, I wonder if it's the same 'display' model that was in Airton Ford last year? (Car #101).
    no, the one in galway is red with white stripes. the one that was in airton last year is currently for sale in sport and classic. there are three AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Does one of the Ronans for Tipp (ENFER) have Ford GT? I saw one parked in the greyhound track car park in Thurles last year, a blue one with the reg ENF3R. Nice looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I saw one a few times exiting the N7 for Rathcoole/Newcastle. I believe a guy with a business in Greenogue Biz Pk owns it.
    Haven't seen it in a while now, but it was a dark grey colour.

prospect wrote:
    I saw one a few times exiting the N7 for Rathcoole/Newcastle. I believe a guy with a business in Greenogue Biz Pk owns it.
    Haven't seen it in a while now, but it was a dark grey colour.

That's where Sport & Classic is located :)
    http://www.sportandclassic.ie/location.htm

ciarsd wrote:
    That's where Sport & Classic is located :)
    http://www.sportandclassic.ie/location.htm

Ah, and it was this same guy who was supposed to be getting a Veyron, I posted about it a while back.

prospect wrote:
    Ah, and it was this same guy who was supposed to be getting a Veyron, I posted about it a while back.
    the guy from sport and classic is getting a veyron??

tdc wrote:
    the guy from sport and classic is getting a veyron??

Seemingly not anymore. However I had heard he was (more specifically I heard that a guy with a business in Greenogue that has a Ford GT was getting one), hence the Veyron thread.

• Advertisement

Stretch Range Rover:

prospect wrote:
    Stretch Range Rover:

O dear :o

First one I've seen though ;)

ciarsd wrote:
    O dear :o

First one I've seen though ;)

Yep,

I only took the photo because it is a rare sight in Ireland, no other reason.

I felt I had to get that off my chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

prospect wrote:
    Stretch Range Rover:
    pretty nasty, I hate any type of RR...:eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Spotted on a recent trip to New York. I thought they were manufactured in England & only in right hand drive?

Noble.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

DB7? outside burger king last night (hope he was a member of AA).

aston.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

veXual wrote:
    Spotted on a recent trip to New York. I thought they were manufactured in England & only in right hand drive?

Noble.JPG

Certain companies bring them in as 'kit cars' and reassemble them hence getting through a good bit of the red tape for nobles ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

a Noble in Ney York.... can't be many of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

light blue ferrari 4 seater tourer headin down N11...have a pic Xreg

• Advertisement

slickmcvic wrote:
    light blue ferrari 4 seater tourer headin down N11...have a pic Xreg
    Xreg? UK or Irish? 612 or 456?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement