Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I think it is more likely to be a capri.

Kudos to anyone who can tell me what make the donor vehicle is!
    (I was quite surprised when I read the tax disc).

PS- ds20prefecture snapped a déesse yesterday, will have pics tomorrow.
    sharkman wrote:
    NO 206/246 Dino ever left the factory wearing any sort of Ferrari badge, all such badging is "after market".

AFAIK from 1975 onwards 206/246 Dinos were badged as Ferraris to boost flagging sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

Here's a 250 replica for sale:
    http://classic.cbg.ie/Classic_detail.asp?CBGID=148778&ID=506043&NumPics=1&Make=Ferrari&Model=250%20GTO%20Replica&frmFilter=
    A Datsun 240Z is a possible candidate as the donor car (or 280Z in the case of the above car on sale: http://aronsson.se/datsun/)

240Z:
    70.datsun.240z.500.jpg
    71dat01.jpg
    280Z:
    f80202.jpg
    purplez.jpg

bmoferrall wrote:
    A Datsun 240Z is a possible candidate as the donor car

Spot on!
    The tax disc said it was a Nissan.
    (Imagine what it would be like with a 300Z twin-turbo inside that fake GTO's pjamas!)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Todays offering .....

dsc004256ax.jpg
    dsc004261lm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

el tel wrote:
    Kudos to anyone who can tell me what make the donor vehicle is!
    (I was quite surprised when I read the tax disc).

Was it a Pontiac Firebird/Fiero?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

But doesn't Masons GTO have the famous number plate 250GTO ??

It DID have it !

I read recently that when he was younger before the band started he helped his dad who was a sports photographer and one day whilst standing at the trackside a new 250GTO flew past. Nick said to himself that he would own one one day. He bought his in the early 70's for 4 times the price of a decent house. People said he was mad !

He knew he'd get his money back but never intended selling anyway. He still has the photoi and the car he ended up buying coincidentally was THAT ACTUAL car but sported a different number.....250GT, than the one it had when he snapped it !

el tel wrote:
    AFAIK from 1975 onwards 206/246 Dinos were badged as Ferraris to boost flagging sales.

Fraid not .... The Dino 206 GT was produced 1967 - 1969
    The Dino 246 GTS was produced 1972 - 1974

It was the 308 GT4 which was a Ferrari Dino ..

The Dino by Ferrari (also called the 206, 246, and 308GT4) was a mid-engined, rear-drive sports car produced from 1968 to 1973. The Dino name was retired by 1976, though the cars remained in production. It was created as an attempt to produce a relatively low cost vehicle by using components from more common vehicles, in much the same way that Porsche did with the 914.

The name "Dino" honors the founder's late son, Alfredino "Dino" Ferrari, who was responsible for the design of the V6 engine. The original versions did not feature any Ferrari badging whatsoever. The factory claimed that this was because Dino Ferrari suggested the concept, and as such the cars should bear his name alone. However, it is commonly thought that Enzo Ferrari wished to distance this car from the traditional Ferrari stalwarts, such as the Daytona, as he did not consider it a 'true' Ferrari.

Many people only think of the V6 cars when using the "Dino" name. Later V8 models, including the 308 GT4 and 308 GTB, were also sold under the Dino marque, but these are sometimes not considered to be members of the Dino family. Both V8 models were given the "Ferrari" name after a short time.

The Dino was the first Ferrari model produced in high numbers: Just over 4,000 V6 Dinos were built in just five years. In 2004, Sports Car International named this car number six on the list of Top Sports Cars of the 1970s.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

What are the tech specs on an NSX?

Last night in Donnybrook I saw a 1979 911 Targa, and a 360 Spyder

Then while walking past the Four Seasons in Ballsbridge I saw:

M3 Convertible
    Continental GT
    Maybach 62 (The longer one)
    612 Scaglietti (Same one as posted above VIL 999)

DS.jpg

• Advertisement

sharkman wrote:
    Fraid not .... The Dino 206 GT was produced 1967 - 1969 The Dino 246 GTS was produced 1972 - 1974
    It was the 308 GT4 which was a Ferrari Dino ..

Thank goodness for wikipedia ;-)

el tel wrote:
    Thank goodness for wikipedia ;-)
    :D Spot on ! :D

Well off for another day spotting !

Black Ferrari 360.
    Dark Ble M5 (new one).
    Black RR Phantom.

I've all the pics on my phone so I'll try set up my PC Suite or whatever it is you call it and try post those pics.

(edit: no luck :()

DB9
    a ZV registered Ferrari
    Lotus Espirit
    CLS 55 AMG
    Some Rolls Royce or another.
    Honda NSX
    Ford Capri

Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

qz wrote:
    Phew!
    And yet not one picture???

I don't carry my camera around with me all day in the hope that I see maybe even one nice car. I have a piss-poor pic of the Aston on my phone, and I have no software to transfer the pics from my phone onto my PC. All these were seen while I was in a moving car myself, and you can't expect both parties to slow down enough for me to take a picture. :rolleyes:

Last night I saw a 360 Modena, 00-D, on my friends road. And the other night I saw an E-Class with an E500 badge, I didn't know there was one :confused:

I've no pictures either since I don't have a camera, or a camera-phone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Squirrel wrote:
    And the other night I saw an E-Class with an E500 badge, I didn't know there was one :confused:
    Saw that on the M50 the other day....verry discreet I have to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,377 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Side by side 2 * CL55 AMG on several occasions over the last few months in the carpark of a client I'm currently working for

Generic pic:

2CO%20AMG.JPG

Silver Ferrari 360
    RR Phantom
    1969 Morris Minor
    NSX
    Alfasud

• Advertisement

pullman1filtered3vv.jpg
    Full spec HERE
    And inside it is like this , in grey though ,
    pullman29al.jpg
    pullman37yh.jpg

Saw a black DB9 aswell, but I only got pics of these:

p91101201sd.th.jpg Lives on my road.
    p91101251pz.th.jpg My Dad owns this one. ;)
    p91101294fb.th.jpg It's an M3, if you can't make out the 4 exausts and the M badge.

Not exactly beautiful , but amusing ..

dsc00439filtered6wm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

qz wrote:
    Saw a black DB9 aswell, but I only got pics of these:

p91101201sd.th.jpg Lives on my road.

Thats a pretty sick looking bike in that picture.

also that silver "GTO" is a terrible copy, its completely out of porportion and the wing mirrors are in the wrong place, if your going to make a copy at least try a little harder....

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Not a car sighting, but I saw a driver in a Fiat Punto on the Ballybough Rd, waiting to cross the NCR on Tuesday afternoon.
    He had a breakfast bowl propped up to his mouth and was spooning something into himself. I would have taken a pic if I had not been turning the corner in my car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Fabulous gun metal grey 360 cabriolet sitting on ely place at the moment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Saw the new Rolls Royce on english plates parked near Kilmainham today. Seems smaller in the flesh.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Last nite outside cavan court house at least 20 Riley cars, anyone heard of them before? I couldnt take pictures with my mobile cause it was to dark :mad:
    But have a look here to see what im talking about
    Other than that i havent seen anything special :(

Jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Pulled into my local ACE hardware.
    Parked between two Corvettes, one old style and one new style.
    Turned around and faced the 911 between me and the door.
    Ignoring the 60's Mustang in undercoat grey and the the old Chevy Caprice with the extra wide tyres.

Bumper crop for a Saturday.

Now the unanswered question is;
    Which one would/could best transport a 6-pack of 8x4 sheeps of plywood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

05 Interlagos blue M5 in Lucan yesterday - young chap driving it. Unfortunately no pic as by the time I had stopped drooling, the lights turned green and we were facing each other heading in opposite directions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement