Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

Plug wrote: »
    Michael Flatley's worth nearly half a billion and he buys one of them:rolleyes:
    Should have went to specsavers.
    A bugatti is well in his range.

hes got a few more cars, one of which has already been posted in this thread.

whats wrong with bugatti's? i was reading an issue of new car magazine and the editor just had a rant about them slagging off their owners and complaining about how they werent environmentally friendly. a reader wrote in about it in this months issue and the editor replied (ranting) giving out that the engine was on display. he said they should get a bonnet for it. i wonder how he deels about ferraris? i dont know what that guys problem is but im sure of one thing - he's never driven a veyron

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

steve06 wrote: »
    Bugatti's are over rated... very very underwhelming when you're up close and the SL65AMG is over 600bhp - same engine as the SLR.
    Same engine block but different everything. The SLR is in a class of its own.
    A bugatti has an extra 400HP, I don't think its over rated, the thing will cover a football pitch a second and hit 60mph in 2.5secs. I don't know another supercar that will do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

i'm not arguing that the speed and engineering is astonishing but lets be honest... it's not worth it... you spend that much on a car and you want it to look and sound like a supercar, not like a TT with a bodykit.

If I was spending that kind of money I'd buy a lamborghini reventon - it looks the part and sounds the part and is a lot more exclusive!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

steve06 wrote: »
    i'm not arguing that the speed and engineering is astonishing but lets be honest... it's not worth it... you spend that much on a car and you want it to look and sound like a supercar, not like a TT with a bodykit.

If I was spending that kind of money I'd buy a lamborghini reventon - it looks the part and sounds the part and is a lot more exclusive!
    Good point.
    I would also pick a lamborghini reventon over it. There a tad bit expensive though at €1m so i wont be getting that anytime soon:o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

tdc wrote: »

Do Tell !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tomas_V

xkandvantageqf0.jpg
    XK and Vantage on the N11
    Did you take this with your camera-phone while overtaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Tomas_V wrote: »
    Did you take this with your camera-phone while overtaking?
    You never seen anyone driving and using the phone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

jozi wrote: »

I'm a master at texting while driving. I also like to play Snake while driving...:p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tomas_V

jozi wrote: »
    Actually I was impressed with the quality (for a camera phone). Car must have had good suspension too, no evidence of shake.

But kids, do remember to erase any embedded meta-data in your jpegs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Saw a Project KAHN Range Rover Sport on Bolton St. the other day.

Few pics from the WRC here too Sorry it's a bebo album, I'm lazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Damn sexy on St. Mary's Road this morning, bad weather, wasn't getting out of the car and make a fool of myself, and I did pull up to get the phone out of its cradle.

slr3.jpg

slr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Bugatti's are over rated... very very underwhelming when you're up close and the SL65AMG is over 600bhp - same engine as the SLR.

..............its not the same engine, or block or anything, its not even the same layout !

The SLR used a Supercharged V8 whilst the SL65 AMG used a twin turbocharged V12.

The SL55 AMG also uses a Supercharged V8 but it is a different capacity !

BTW well spotted Nialler !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Great spot with the SLR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

sharkman wrote: »
    Do Tell !!!

not sure if i should say exactly as the original poster didnt mention it was flatleys. seen at the four seasons if that narrows it down. ;)

great spot nialler! thanks for posting the pictures!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

Is this Tap dancing mikes SLR?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

tech wrote: »
    Is this Tap dancing mikes SLR?

Johnny Ronan's I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

I'm slightly bemused by the beetle with 04-L plates a few pages back. I thought the last factory had stopped making them in Mexico in 2003? Import of one of the last beetles ever built?

At the NEC classic car show last week there was a company selling lovely Porsche Speedster replicas built on 2L Beetle engines that they are still buying from South Africa and Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

I know when I saw the 04 Bettle I had to look twice, Ive seen it a good few times in a high rise in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Ceb

too many mercs in the world, the least style of ANY automobile since the late eighties

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Ceb wrote: »
    too many mercs in the world, the least style of ANY automobile since the late eighties

wha?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Ceb

just a matter of opinion really but i find them to be completely style-less, just not my taste really

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Saw a black '07 CL63 AMG yesterday going from Newlands Cross on the N7 to Sandyford with tinted windows. Really looked the business!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Ceb wrote: »
    just a matter of opinion really but i find them to be completely style-less, just not my taste really

and you drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

tdc wrote: »

whats wrong with bugatti's? i was reading an issue of new car magazine and the editor just had a rant about them slagging off their owners and complaining about how they werent environmentally friendly. a reader wrote in about it in this months issue and the editor replied (ranting) giving out that the engine was on display. he said they should get a bonnet for it. i wonder how he deels about ferraris? i dont know what that guys problem is but im sure of one thing - he's never driven a veyron

That was my response to the editor (wasnt impressed with the prize for the Letter of the Month either). He definitely seems to have a problem with the Veyron anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I've never actually posted in this thread, but i saw this a few weeks ago but compelely forgot that i took the pic:)

Tis a beaut:)

It was taken on the N7 before the Red Cow Roundabout heading into Dublin.

Image014.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Georgous. I thought Ferrari were losing their touch for a while, evidently not. What is it btw?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Asking the wroooong person my friend haha:)

It's shiny, tis all that matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Georgous. I thought Ferrari were losing their touch for a while, evidently not. What is it btw?

F430 spider i think (correct me if im wrong ;))

MMMM, shiny and probably this fast

<...........................................................................................>

• Advertisement

Your right there mthd, googled it.
    There quite expensive it seems, shiny comes at a price I suppose

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement