Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

That car looks like a Transformer in that colour, nice pic.

just saw des cullen is getting 3 lambo gallardo's in january/february. black, white and silver and i think at least one of them is a covertible.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=854272

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mthd wrote: »
    F430 spider i think (correct me if im wrong ;))
    ....as can be seen on the reg plate! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

tdc wrote: »
    just saw des cullen is getting 3 lambo gallardo's in january/february. black, white and silver and i think at least one of them is a covertible.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=854272
    you'd think they'd learn how to spell Lamborghini!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

I have no pic, but I did spot a red Vauxall Monaro VXR parked outside the Texaco garage in Ashbourne a few weeks ago.

As for the lambos and stuff .. I'd much prefer the Lamborgotti Fasterossa :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

steve06 wrote: »

ah sure Lambos are sooo common now now arn't they steve?? ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Id love to see the Des cullen Merc Slr roadster.Anyone got any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭klaus23

steve06 wrote: »

Says their new test driver... :p

klaus23 wrote: »
    Says their new test driver... :p

feck,the ninjas are here!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

I spotted the most loveliest, sexy beast of a mondeo yesterday.

Fugs!! wrote: »

Thanks for letting us know, great first post

I do believe i spotted that same grey beast of a Mondeo yesterday, you coould almost hear the superman music as it passed :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Saw a 07 Phantom, a-la http://descullencars.webzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=701601, in Dundrum yesterday, what a beast!

does Des Cullen actually sell any cars or does he just get people to swan around town in them all the time?

siralfalot wrote: »
    does Des Cullen actually sell any cars or does he just get people to swan around town in them all the time?

He does sell them.He has a group of main people he sells to.They are exclusive customers.He doesn't want the joe soap walking into him thats why he has appointment service.He was one of the main guys now i dont think he is as sport and classic and exclusive cars and also richford have alot of similar stock.Theres alot of people in the market now whereas 5-10 yrs ago he was the main guy.

drdre wrote: »
    He does sell them.He has a group of main people he sells to.They are exclusive customers.He doesn't want the joe soap walking into him thats why he has appointment service.He was one of the main guys now i dont think he is as sport and classic and exclusive cars and also richford have alot of similar stock.Theres alot of people in the market now whereas 5-10 yrs ago he was the main guy.

the reason he has appointments only is because they dont keep all the cars in the beacon. if you ring up and let them know, they will have the car ready to be viewed/test driven. only someone that is serious about buying would bother making an appointment.

des cullen still is the leader in the luxury/sports car market in ireland. most of the cars he gets in go straight to the customer and they are not advertised on his site. what they advertise is only small number of the cars that go through them each year.

sport and classic and richford are the main competitors with cullen, but they are still way behind. des cullen has 2 ferrari 599's in stock and he has sold a couple more straight to the customers. sport and classic have a 599 on their site, stating that it's sold, yet it didn't even go through them. it was sold through charles hurst, the owner let sport and classic advertise it as sold. it has been on their site for months for some reason:confused:

richford seem to be doing well, although they are not as big as cullen, a good few ferrari's/porsche's have gone through them.

sport and classic seem to be sharing their stock with parkwest and the new exclusive cars in citywest. dont know too much about this so i wont say anything:o

cullen remains the leader in the market, i just noticed he's getting 3 lamborghini's in jan/feb. i would imagine he has gotten a lot more orders from various buyers that want 08 reg 430's, 599's, 911 turbo's, merc AMG's, bentleys, kahn range rovers etc:D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

You'd wanna be nuts to buy off him when ou can get your regular supercar for thousands less in England. I'm including vrt here.

You'd wanna be nuts to buy off him when ou can get your regular supercar for thousands less in England. I'm including vrt here.

Yep i know.I wouldn't be that stupid. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I walked into des cullens just before he moved from rathmines, was looking round at all the exotic stock he had, des himslef came over and asked if i needed assistance, i said i was just dreaming and wasnt interested in buying anything, he said no problem and we talked cars for about 30 minutes, nice guy, i guess thats why hes sucessful, and if i had 200/300k to spend on a car i would go to him and not the uk, id prefer the local personal service and suport that i would recieve and thats worth alot more than the 10/20k id save by going to the uk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I look at Carzone about once a week and am amazed at the amount of stock Des Cullen has that doesn't seem to be shifting. He has a 599 GTB for sale for at least 6 months and added a second about 2 months ago.

He must shift a lot of stuff direct to the cusotmer to be able to have two 599s sitting on the forecourt for so long. That's almost €1m in two cars that he can't seem to shift.

The current state of the economy dosnt help the likes of des cullen. People just arnt spending money on such luxuries at the moment.Give it a year and things will be back to normal.

BTW...Saw a 07 red ferrari on N11 near bray exit the other day...think it was a 430...not sure...only got a glimpse

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    The current state of the economy dosnt help the likes of des cullen. People just arnt spending money on such luxuries at the moment.Give it a year and things will be back to normal.

BTW...Saw a 07 red ferrari on N11 near bray exit the other day...think it was a 430...not sure...only got a glimpse

No i dont agree.For the people who have that kind of money the economy doesnt mean anything to them as they have made the money.The amount of super cars going to come into ireland in 2008 will be extreme.Theres afew phantoms,SLR,F430,GTC,Aston martins etc.

I agree, some will buy, but most will hold off....just look at interest rates since this time last year.
    People who spend vast sums of money on cars take out finance unless they are silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I would fly over to these lads if I was buying such a car:

http://www.autosalon-singen.de/index.cfm?&languageID=en

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

For the people who have that kind of money the economy doesnt mean anything to them as they have made the money.

Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭klaus23

I spotted a tornado red, late model big bumper Mk2 Golf GTi 16v on Sunday. :D

... while driving behind Steve's Lamborghini, the previously mentioned Mondeo and passing Fugs and siralfalot who were waiting for the bus. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 freq modulated

Lads, sunday was amazing fo car spotting by the sounds of things. I was up around some mountain roads at a viewpoint used by some local boyracers when i saw something that was refreshingly beautiful. And what made it for me was the fact that the owner had obviously put time and effort into researching her purchase before just jumping in. I also loved the way she didnt just take out a wad and hand it to the above mentioned establishments but went to the uk and sourced it even with the rediculous VRT!! Anyway....it was something worth taking a panning picture of anyway, alot more than can be said for the rusting alfas and exhaust rattling golfs that were parked up by the roadside.

I have reduced the filesize to put on the net but if anyone wants a hgh res copy just drop me a PM.

serena.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭natnif

wow. just wow. I have loved those nissans for years man, that is a great "action" shot. I'd love a hi res if you don't mind?

oh and fugs, any pics of that mondeo?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 freq modulated

PM sent Natnif. Why are yous talking about mondeos in this thread lads?? :eek::confused::confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement