Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

I know the sightings are strictly speaking supposed to be within Ireland, but here's 3 central European oldies seen on a flying visit (is there any other kind ?!?) to Budapest last Monday.................also saw some "exotic" plates during the day including Liechtenstein, Nigeria, and The Gambia !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

seasam wrote: »
    I thought Dre was actually PR for Des Cullens !!
    Maybe he can help the guards with there enquirys re all the high end cars & dodgy VRT he can probably tell them who owns them all and their recent movements !!

Nah i have nothing to do them them at all.Just enjoy cars like the rest of us on the motor thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,433 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

jrar wrote: »
    here's 3 central European oldies seen on a flying visit (is there any other kind ?!?) to Budapest last Monday

1 second guess: Trabant, Zastava and Skoda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

bigslick wrote: »
    heres couple of recent ones spotted

was wondering when i saw it, but does the 650 have only 2 exhausts, while this one seems to have 4??? a re-badged M6, but why???
    It's a 650 with a schnitzer kit... the thing is that Cartell has a 2996ltr engine on records which would indicate that it's been registerd as a 650 with a 630engine - I think we just found one of the cars that customs are probably looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Whoever owns that 6 Series has certainly put a lot of work into it, he's got the M mirrors and all.

• Advertisement

qz wrote: »
    Whoever owns that 6 Series has certainly put a lot of work into it, he's got the M mirrors and all.

Yeah i noticed that, It seriously doesnt look that bad.It looks nice and cheaper than the actual car and cheaper to run.As mentioned before it seems its only a 630 not a 650.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

I think it needs to lose that hideous rear spoiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

unkel wrote: »
    1 second guess: Trabant, Zastava and Skoda?

Unkel, right on the first two - last one isn't a Skoda however.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

I wouldn't take Cartell as fact all the time.

This is what it has on my car:

Registration *******
    Make BMW
    Model 325 I SPORT
    Description 335I M A 2DR Z3D4 SPORT
    Engine Capacity(cc) 2979
    Fuel Type PETROL

I called Shannon about it and it's just the motor tax office that have it listed, my log book says 335 but all the same, Cartell can have wrong info passed onto it.

MarkN wrote: »
    I wouldn't take Cartell as fact all the time.

This is what it has on my car:

Registration *******
    Make BMW
    Model 325 I SPORT
    Description 335I M A 2DR Z3D4 SPORT
    Engine Capacity(cc) 2979
    Fuel Type PETROL

I called Shannon about it and it's just the motor tax office that have it listed, my log book says 335 but all the same, Cartell can have wrong info passed onto it.

You should actually contact cartell and let them know about that, As thats actually not right that we pay for a report that might be wrong.Good spotting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Cartell would just tell you they are only going on the motor tax records.

No skin off mine anyway, the log book is correct, someone in Shannon messed it up when the car was registered.

Cartell is very handy for checking stuff in this thread though, not trying to knock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cosgrave

i think u would be mad buyin a gt in 07 with the number of them on irish roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

cosgrave wrote: »
    Why should the number of a certain car on the road turn you off buying one? I never understood that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cosgrave

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Why should the number of a certain car on the road turn you off buying one? I never understood that..

Well when you’re spending in excess of 280k on a car I think u might want a bit of exclusivity.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

was in a m7 today though my phone is a p.o.s and cant upload onto my p.c ( thank you meteor )

also seen a good few decent looking rx-7's... there getting popular. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

cosgrave wrote: »

Saw that CL55 AMG today on the N11 ....it looked funny to me ,Cartell'd it......Its a CL500 4966cc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Saw that CL55 AMG today on the N11 ....it looked funny to me ,Cartell'd it......Its a CL500 4966cc

OOOOOPPPPPPSSSSS
    misread the reg.
    The one i saw was 02D50055

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

sharkman wrote: »
    Bently GT

dsc001939sg.th.jpg

Merc CLS 55 AMG

dsc001883ca.th.jpg

still have to keep to speed limit like the rest of us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Saw this a while ago. Whats with all these mazzers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

barryfitz wrote: »
    Saw this a while ago. Whats with all these mazzers.

Sexy and relatively affordable imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

S.I.R wrote: »
    was in a m7 today though my phone is a p.o.s and cant upload onto my p.c ( thank you meteor )

Excuse my ignorance but whats an M7????

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

RedorDead wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but whats an M7????
    It isn't.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey all,

I'm in NYC at the mo and I saw this thing outside Trump Tower.

It was a Bentley limo. I took photos but it was in the dark.

The back of it looked exactly like a Bentley.

The front lights looked like Bentley lights, but there was a Rolls emblym on the front.

There was a Bentley dealer reg plate on it

:confused:

dsc0190sq6.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

thats a roll royce limo, based on the model from the late 90's (cant think of the name) looks very similar to the bentley arnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

S.I.R wrote: »

Im guessing its a 7 series with a few bells and whistles,at least if a guy is calling his car an M7 you can't really knock him for trying to pretend its something its not :D he is just trying to drop a hint to BMW :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Saw a lovely blue M5 today in Maynooth, guy in it gave me a nice big smile for staring it his car for so long haha, no pics though.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Drove past what looked like a CL55 today, but there was nothing but a "K" on the back. Its was written italic. No photo, cause I simply was driving up beside it when I saw it. Any ideas what it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

1812071055zf4.jpg
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Must be a special edition, wonder are they fast :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

has anyone here heard of gilson motors? their website says they are based in dublin 4 but no address. anyone know where it is?
    antodeco wrote: »
    Drove past what looked like a CL55 today, but there was nothing but a "K" on the back. Its was written italic. No photo, cause I simply was driving up beside it when I saw it. Any ideas what it is?
    project kahn? or maybe something to do with the k-club? no idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement