Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Nope, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

ok then, do you travel to Germany and Japan to do you job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

tech wrote: »

??? maybe you should pm him

nice pics benny and qz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

perhaps that's none of your business.:p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Sure to you want his life storey while he's at it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

bennyx_o wrote: »
    I don't work on the ships themselves, company I work for unload them. They were being shipped from Germany to Japan. Not sure how the crew work it, but it takes them 25 days to get from here back to Japan.

Give it a few years and possibly a few of those cars will be in this country! :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Pretty unique pictures there benny, good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Nice pics from the boat!

spa0072lv7.jpg

spa0073ky1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

thats my ex-bosses car, Sold the company in 04 and bought himself a retirement prezzie!

• Advertisement

Lovely car, there's a few of them knocking around now. I never really warmed to Maserati's before the Quattroporte and the new Grand Turismo 2-door. Now I'd do anything to get my hands on one!

Speaking of, I saw my first GranTurismo yesterday in Terenure village, UK or Northern reg.

And yes it is absolutely as good looking in the metal as in the pictures. Sorry I've no pics myself it went past when I was on the bus so I only got a glimpse.

qz wrote: »
    Speaking of, I saw my first GranTurismo yesterday in Terenure village, UK or Northern reg.

And yes it is absolutely as good looking in the metal as in the pictures. Sorry I've no pics myself it went past when I was on the bus so I only got a glimpse.

This one?
    http://www.octane.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=13397&page=2

It looks amazing!

Looks like it alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

My 1st spot of the year, not to shabby if i may say so myself :D

Great sound coming from it

dsc02155pm4.th.jpg

Also seen my 1st '08 car. Prob the 1st modified car of the year to at it, Honda Civic with cheapish looking rims and a (4 door) type R badge.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

jozi wrote: »
    My 1st spot of the year, not to shabby if i may say so myself :D

dsc02155pm4.th.jpg

The sexshop in the background? :D

Good spot though!
    [
    Also seen my 1st '08 car. Prob the 1st modified car of the year to at it, Honda Civic with cheapish looking rims and a (4 door) type R badge.

Are you sure it wasnt an actual type r civic? The rims on them are pretty manky looking alrite. Cheap chrome looking things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

If it's a 4 door Civic Type R then it's a JDM one which has IRS and more power than the Euro Civic Type R.

antodeco wrote: »
    The sexshop in the background? :D

Good spot though!

Are you sure it wasnt an actual type r civic? The rims on them are pretty manky looking alrite. Cheap chrome looking things!

If Honda do a 4door TypeR hatch back them possibly it was a typeR, i didnt look any different to any other hatchback you see all over town.

EDIT: not sure what the JDM one looks like but if it's a sedan then this wasn't it. This looked in no way special to me.

If Honda do a 4door TypeR hatch back them possibly it was a typeR, i didnt look any different to any other hatchback you see all over town.

EDIT: not sure what the JDM one looks like but if it's a sedan then this wasn't it. This looked in no way special to me.

It its a hatchback then it's a 3 door Civic. No such thing as 4 door hatchbacks. Only saloons have 4 doors. The hatchback Type-R was never available in 5 door format.

Civic Type-R's do look a bit like a boy racer special though!

A JDM Civic Type-R looks like this and a Euro Civic Type-R looks like this!

E92 wrote: »
    It its a hatchback then it's a 3 door Civic. No such thing as 4 door hatchbacks. Only saloons have 4 doors. The hatchback Type-R was never available in 5 door format.

Civic Type-R's do look like a boy racer special though!

A JDM Civic Type-R looks like this!

Not a JDM. I'm quite sure it was just a Civic with a TypeR badge and tacky rims.

I need to be educated on different car variants, 3/5 door hatch why not 2/4???

• Advertisement

I need to be educated on different car variants, 3/5 door hatch why not 2/4???

Cause that's why:D! Estates are 5 door, along with MPV's and SUV's(though there are a handful of 3 door SUVs around the place too) too! I suppose in a saloon when you open the boot you just see what's in there and there is no direct access to anywhere else in the car whereas in a hatchback/MPV/SUV and some Coupés when you open the boot you can see the inside of the car and have direct access to the rest of the car.

In the US they say hatchbacks etc have 2/4 doors but this is Ireland and we(along with the rest of Europe) say they have 3/5.

JDM stands for Japanese Domestic Market, so a JDM car is a Japanese spec car imported here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

No pictures.....but spotted three 08 cars in cork city today (2nd january)
    White merc c class
    Red vw golf
    Mini cooper convertible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Saw a shed load of 08' reg'd cars yeaterday passing through Portumna, Galway. All AL HAYES cars just sold.......out on the road headed home

4 tdi passats with Dublin, galway,laois and kerry regs.
    Couple of mitsi's.

Saw a new SSanyong(08D) this morning in Kildare..........08 kyron - very shiney and plasticey.....

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Friends dad got a 08 m3, will try and get pics soon!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Hot off the press with this '08 Audi A5 3.0TDi
    03012008035xkf6.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

delly wrote: »
    Hot off the press with this '08 Audi A5 3.0TDi

Nice!! I still think they look very like the 3 series coupe..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

They do .... even though theyre meant to be a direct competitor for the 6 series! :confused:

... just goes to show how BMW have lost what the "3 series" initially stood for

Nice spot with the A5! The wheels look lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Dont you mean that the other way around seeing as how the were out before the new coupe :)

Im a vag head me but i have to say that BMW have raised the bar with the latest coupe,Audi must be kicking themselves as the A5 was on course to steal the show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭38psi

C_Breeze wrote: »
    They do .... even though theyre meant to be a direct competitor for the 6 series! :confused:

... just goes to show how BMW have lost what the "3 series" initially stood for

I dont know how the A5 colud be a direct competitor for the 6 series..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement