Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Just saw a brand new Phantom (2008D) off Grafton Street. Metallic grey colour. Sorry no photos. Owner looked a bit like Eddie Jordan though I don't think it was him.

Keep an eye out gang!

"I porked my cor on Westminister Road" :rolleyes:

Image007.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

I just saw a yellow Fiat 500 on trade plates driving down the ballymount road .. nowhere near as nice looking at the white one I saw at the Classic car show in the NEC recently.

Sorry no pic as I was driving !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Nice one Johnny Storm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Yes that's the one.

Well spotted Johnny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

Just saw a brand new Phantom (2008D) off Grafton Street. Metallic grey colour. Sorry no photos. Owner looked a bit like Eddie Jordan though I don't think it was him.

Keep an eye out gang!

it gets around :D

http://www.octane.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=13397&page=7

edit: nice ferrari and porsche too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Spotted a beauty today, just being unloaded off a UK registered truck, a Blue Bentley 08-C-22 in Motorpoint in Cork. No pics but it was a nice sight. Don't care how "common" they are now it still looked realy well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Spotted a beauty today, just being unloaded off a UK registered truck, a Blue Bentley 08-C-22 in Motorpoint in Cork. No pics but it was a nice sight. Don't care how "common" they are now it still looked realy well.

Must be from Charles Hurst.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

drdre wrote: »
    Must be from Charles Hurst.

What is it with you and expensive/performance car dealerships. :rolleyes:

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Don't know the specifics but that was bought by 3 daughters for their father as a Christmas present. Nice kids. €600k's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

MarkN wrote: »
    Don't know the specifics but that was bought by 3 daughters for their father as a Christmas present. Nice kids. €600k's worth.

Are they single? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

HungryJoey wrote: »
    What is it with you and expensive/performance car dealerships. :rolleyes:

Hj

Nothing much, I know alot as my cousins, dad's friend's etc have cars like these ( well top end cars) so i know a bit about them and hear from them of stock etc.
    Just enjoy cars , Theres nothing wrong with that.Is there ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Saw the Roller outside the Kilkenny shop on Nassau street today and then parked outside the Shelbourne. Didn't have a camera on me so no pics either.

Nice car, but I would never buy one no matter how much money I had.

Incidently, I saw a Fiat 500 (new model) parked in Donabate during the summer. It was Italian registered so obviously on holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭High&Low

Nothing much, I know alot as my cousins, dad's friend's etc have cars like these ( well top end cars) so i know a bit about them and hear from them of stock etc.

dredre

I saw a Golf GTI up in Sandyford Industrial estate the other day 07D with the german style number plates similar to the one in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055213277&highlight=german+number+plates, not yours by any chance?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

M1 yesterday

66076754qx3.jpg

Funniest thing was the wife who started slagging me for taking the picture for all my 'internet' friends.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

delly wrote: »
    Funniest thing was the wife who started slagging me for taking the picture for all my 'internet' friends.

I got that once or twice too :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

delly wrote: »
    I got that once or twice too :)
    Same here - women just don't understand the important things in life!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Yawn !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Dun Laoghaire today.
    Photo shoot of a new merc, not sure which model it was. Seems it was some sort of Mercedes event on the port.
    Did not really get the chance to look at the car anyway...Hum hum.

dunlaoghaire.png

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Where in Dun Laoghaire was that?

IM sure she was cold..:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

im sure you have more than 1 pic..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Looks like a CL or CLS.

Nice arse too on the girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭buzzard

Good spec on that model

Twin airbags, nice chassis and likes to be driven hard.

Sure the car has the same features

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Dun Laoghaire my arse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

mick.fr wrote: »
    Dun Laoghaire today.
    Photo shoot of a new merc, not sure which model it was. Seems it was some sort of Mercedes event on the port.
    Did not really get the chance to look at the car anyway...Hum hum.

dunlaoghaire.png

hate to break it to you but thats not dun laoghaire. its not even europe. first of all the weather was nothing like that today, secondly why would there be a U.S. spec CLS ("new merc"???) with aftermarket wheels here for an irish mercedes event? thirdly, if mercedes were having an event it would more than likely be at a dealer or a hotel. lastly why would mercedes have scantily clad, 20-something models washing a car that is aimed at middle aged men?

try harder next time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

There was an AMG E63 on Fr. Matthew St. today (In Cork)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

tdc wrote: »
    hate to break it to you but thats not dun laoghaire. its not even europe. first of all the weather was nothing like that today, secondly why would there be a U.S. spec CLS ("new merc"???) with aftermarket wheels here for an irish mercedes event? thirdly, if mercedes were having an event it would more than likely be at a dealer or a hotel. lastly why would mercedes have scantily clad, 20-something models washing a car that is aimed at middle aged men?

try harder next time
    geek. :D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

tdc wrote: »
    lastly why would mercedes have scantily clad, 20-something models washing a car that is aimed at middle aged men?

I can think of lots of reasons! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

maidhc wrote: »
    I can think of lots of reasons! :)
    go ahead and enlighten us.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Because they're perverts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

^^ to what was said above LOL:D!

I think the Merc photo is what's called a joke. Some of you may never have heard of something called a sense of humour. Try it some time:p!

Anyway, back on topic, today I saw a navy 08 Aston Martin DB9 in Cork on the Grand Parade, the reg was 08-D-189. What a fabulous looking car it must be said.

And there is a Merc CLK 63 AMG out my way too. XX-X-63 is the reg. And I saw a 08 diesel 5 series drove by as I was walking out on the Western Road today, only it had the M air intakes in the sides complete with the M badging and the 4 exhausts at the back, as well as M5 badges, the strange thing though was it had the standard 5 series mirrors, I assumed it was a diesel, but being an 08 car so it must have been an M5, and the fact I thought it was a diesel shows how bad it sounds. I know it wasn't an M Sport, because M Sports have the standard twin exhausts(or one in the case of the 520d) and no air intakes at the side at all. So disappointing really. I've heard the V10 powered M5 so many times at this stage and I have yet to be convinced that V10s sound good. I've heard the V8 powered Merc CLK a couple of times now and by God do V8s sound an awful lot better than V10s.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement