Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

E92 wrote: »
    and by God do V8s sound an awful lot better than V10s.

Depends on the V10 ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0axFBCpAQE

But yeah, I agree, the M5/6 V10 does not sound that good unless your really working it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Ah ah yep guys got you, well some of you.
    Picture is from a movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

mick.fr wrote: »
    Ah ah yep guys got you, well some of you.
    Picture is from a movie.

What movie would that be?

Max_Damage wrote: »
    What movie would that be?

If you really want to know...
    "Young Tight Latinas, Volume 12, CD1"
    http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6522/xb6dm2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

^^ to what was said above LOL:D!

I think the Merc photo is what's called a joke. Some of you may never have heard of something called a sense of humour. Try it some time:p!

Anyway, back on topic, today I saw a navy 08 Aston Martin DB9 in Cork on the Grand Parade, the reg was 08-D-189. What a fabulous looking car it must be said.

And there is a Merc CLK 63 AMG out my way too. XX-X-63 is the reg. And I saw a 08 diesel 5 series drove by as I was walking out on the Western Road today, only it had the M air intakes in the sides complete with the M badging and the 4 exhausts at the back, as well as M5 badges, the strange thing though was it had the standard 5 series mirrors, I assumed it was a diesel, but being an 08 car so it must have been an M5, and the fact I thought it was a diesel shows how bad it sounds. I know it wasn't an M Sport, because M Sports have the standard twin exhausts(or one in the case of the 520d) and no air intakes at the side at all. So disappointing really. I've heard the V10 powered M5 so many times at this stage and I have yet to be convinced that V10s sound good. I've heard the V8 powered Merc CLK a couple of times now and by God do V8s sound an awful lot better than V10s.

your profile:
    . what's that all about?:confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

If you really want to know...
    "Young Tight Latinas, Volume 12, CD1"
    http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6522/xb6dm2.jpg
    Brilliant retort !!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Anyway, back on topic, today I saw a navy 08 Aston Martin DB9 in Cork on the Grand Parade

Not sure if the one you saw but I know of one that usually lives near the train station and is owned by the owner of a quantiy surveying firm near that tile place...

Not 100% though

EDIT: Just dawned on me- I must be wrong- that one's an '07. Stupid new year....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Dun Laoghaire today.
    Photo shoot of a new merc, not sure which model it was. Seems it was some sort of Mercedes event on the port.
    Did not really get the chance to look at the car anyway...Hum hum.

dunlaoghaire.png

Nice.

positron wrote: »
    Thanks DJ :D, its a Canon 400D.

OOOHH! I just got one for Christmas. Nice camera. Can't wait for the summer to come and I clean the car! :D

LOL

kbannon wrote: »
    It was unnecessarily harsh!
    Anyhow, what cars belong to this thread? The ones Victor posted arer probably rarer than the dozens of overpriced motors that have filled this thread (RRs, Bentleys, AMs, etc.)

Spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Believe it or not it's an '04 Vanquish, spotted ten minutes after an '07 DB9 went past the exact same spot.

spa0121bj4.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

kleefarr wrote: »
    OOOHH! I just got one for Christmas. Nice camera. Can't wait for the summer to come and I clean the car! :D

LOL

Please dont wear denim short pants and a tight top.... :p

antodeco wrote: »
    Please dont wear denim short pants and a tight top.... :p

LOL!

Might get the wife to when I take pictures. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

cantdecide wrote: »
    Not sure if the one you saw but I know of one that usually lives near the train station and is owned by the owner of a quantiy surveying firm near that tile place...

Not 100% though

EDIT: Just dawned on me- I must be wrong- that one's an '07. Stupid new year....

Also that car is owned by the Right Price Tiles guy, his wife hs the Cayenne, nice cars to have on the drive way (even if the Cayenne isn't the prettiest!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

High&Low wrote: »
    dredre

I saw a Golf GTI up in Sandyford Industrial estate the other day 07D with the german style number plates similar to the one in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055213277&highlight=german+number+plates, not yours by any chance?

Yep that is me, nice spot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

This Hamman 911 GT2 came out a bit weird

spa0129lw5.jpg

spa0130jy0.jpg

spa0131ie0.jpg

spa0132ht5.jpg

spa0133lj0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

Mustang
    IMG00221.jpg

SL 600 V12
    sl600v12.jpg

^ Is that Mustang on American plates?

^ Is that Mustang on American plates?

Hell yeah apparently Mustang cars are built in the US then imported in Europe at some stage. Crazy no?

Hehe just messing with you.
    The fact is that I am seeing more and more US plates down here.
    Don't know if they are US people who recently migrated over here, or Irish people coming back home.

2 weeks ago I have seen a black Toyota car from California.
    People moving from abroad to here have 6 months to register, so I suppose they are not in a hurry.

^ Likewise, over the past couple of months I too have seen alot of cars with American plates. Some unusual choice of cars too that people bring over too. In the past couple of weeks I've seen a Hyundai Elantra with New Jersey plates, a VW Passat with New York plates, numerous Honda Civics with various American plates, and a Dodge Intrepid with Florida plates.

Also, if they are Irish returing home from living in America, there's no VRT charge if they can prove they lived in the country there coming from for more than 12 months I think it is. So if they have a 40ft. container for there furniture, they might as well throw the car in as well. It'll cost them nothing really.

• Advertisement

... It'll cost them nothing really.

Yeah not sure about the price, but definitely cheaper that paying the VRT :-)
    Although you are exempted from paying the VRT if you lived abroad and came over with you car that you bought at least 6 months ago, the tax office will take your head upside down with the paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ohlordy

No pic but spotted a 08-D Maserati Granturismo on Tara st at lunchtime, boy does it look good in the flesh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cosgrave

enjoy

Spotted this Peugeot 205 today in Tallaght covered from top to bottom in graffiti. It looked like a child was let loose with a spray can on the paintwork!

27273170sq6.jpg

Not the best picture, tried to get one of the side, but couldn't unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

nice pics cosgrave, what hotel is the slr at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

nice pics cosgrave, what hotel is the slr at?

Looks like the Ritz in powerscourt.

Probably Johnny Ronans car. I think he is involved with the hotel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement