Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

**** me I want a jag XF :(

Havent been as attracted to a car since the Holden Monaro on top gear on the beach(Still think thats an awesome car)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

really like that S5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

P D wrote: »
    True , tho i actually admire that Johnny Ronan has hung onto it and at least played the depreication game as best he could - for a guy worth over 300m plus thats pretty cool - hes not into the January new plate crap - not a very pretty car but at least its subtle - not like the bling LOOK AT ME 08 silver Phantom going around - its everywhere !!

Funny you say that - cause when I pictured his SLR out at the Ritz Carlton it is on 05 plates...:eek: Shocking... Maybe his money is all tied up in land he cannot get planning for...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

206.thumbnail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

qz wrote: »
    355 Spider

MR2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Anan1 wrote: »
    Check out the front reg plate on the 599.

yeah, surely that's not legal.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Ernie Ball wrote: »
    Saw an 08 Audi R8 with a lot of 8s in the reg on the Stillorgan yesterday.
    According to Cartell 08D888 is on an A8 4.2.
    el diablo wrote: »
    yeah, surely that's not legal.
    No it's not legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

According to Cartell 08D888 is on an A8 4.2.

Then it must've been 8888. Defo not an A8.

It was one of these (same colour):

audi-r8-20060929044853026.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

08 D 88 is an R8
    08 D 888 is an A8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

maybe it was this one

2713580931et1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

steve06 wrote: »
    maybe it was this one

2713580931et1.jpg

Seen that yesterday on the outer ring road heading towards the N7.

Reg was 08D5888

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

steve06 wrote: »
    maybe it was this one

2713580931et1.jpg

The uncle of a guy at work owns that one (or at least one the exact same). He said it was unreg'd when he got a spin in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

I saw a black Lamborghini Gallardo parked outside my house today it was a nice surprise :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

and no pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ditcar

That R8 is bill griffins ,as in big time car sales on n7, i heard audi wernt happy that he was advertising it http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=901508

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Was in New York over Christmas...Sorry about the pics, they wouldn't let pics on the inside...weird.

img3254rt5.th.jpg

img3253ig7.th.jpg

img3256gs2.th.jpg

img3098wq8.th.jpg

img3099tt8.th.jpg

img3196ga2.th.jpg

Some HUGE limo
    img3211dj0.th.jpg

img3238dx0.th.jpg

img3268nf9.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

cabla wrote: »
    Was in New York over Christmas...

img3254rt5.th.jpg

Nice! Did they have the price on display?
    I hate that cars in USA have to have the reflective orange flashing so blatant. Anyone know the story with that? Are they running lights or side indicators? Really ruin the lines and cohesiveness of many european car designs.

eljono wrote: »
    I hate that cars in USA have to have the reflective orange flashing so blatant. Anyone know the story with that? Are they running lights or side indicators? Really ruin the lines and cohesiveness of many european car designs.

Ye it looks terrible. I think it did have a price. But can't remember. I do remember a cls500 i think it was for around 60k. I asked what the story was with the price. He said, just add a fuel consumption charge and typical new york 10% tax. Still very cheap. He said New York was cheapest place to get them. Or something like that :P Thats dollars too. So lets say its 80k. Thats only like 55 thousand euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

ollie1 wrote: »
    I saw a black Lamborghini Gallardo parked outside my house today it was a nice surprise :D

Presume it wasn't a present?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

TJJP wrote: »

It would top the white golf GT from yesterday! :D

• Advertisement

Here is a photo of the black Lambo I saw :D

461864320a2250911226b25lo2.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

eljono wrote: »

All cars sold in America (and Canada) from 1968 (I think) have to have amber sidelights at the front and red ones at the rear. This was done because it makes it easier to see what direction vehicles are traveling at if viewed from obscure angles or something.

More details here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_lighting#Sidemarker_lights

The Americans also have a fascination with sealed beam headlights for some reason as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

Saw my first R8 in the flesh today - a black model going over Leeson St bridge - fantastic looking car in the flesh, much wider than i thought from press photos..reg was 08 D 8 too..

Then low and behold i saw another, greeny/grey kinda colour in Donnybrook.
    Much preferred the black model imo.

Outbound on the N11, after seeing such automotive beauty, my eyes were stung by the monstrosity that appeared in my rear view...it looked like the b@stard love-child of a Porsche Cayenne and a Citroen Partner (?) (the Kangoo sized van) :eek: - the new Pug 4007 offroad/people carrier/SUV yoke, jaysus whoever signed that off should be shot with balls of their own sh1te!

TJJP wrote: »

I wish it was

Saw this baby today on my way home from work

08022007oy6.th.jpg

Wow saw a black r8 today on the Ballymun road. What a beauty, bit dirty though :P The noise was savage...Beast of a car

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

maserati granturismo . Beautiful looking machine. I think the reg was 08D8430

granturisnyy1.th.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I saw an R8 in Blackrock today, my first. I have to say, I was distinctly underwhelmed. The lines of the car are wrong to the point where it looks like it's been crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

I saw that 08D88 R8 this morning on Camden Street. Spotted the leds a mile away ! Stunning and what a sound !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

DaveD wrote: »
    I saw that 08D88 R8 this morning on Camden Street. Spotted the leds a mile away ! Stunning and what a sound !!

I also seen it but in sandyford.Its a beauty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Apologies if this Maybach 62 has been posted before but it's the first time I've seen one in the flesh.

(........and like most top end cars, it's parked on double yellows!)

Maybach04D60739nearside.jpg

Maybach04D60737offside.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement