Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Unkel:
    "Aye I should have been more specific. VRT, motortax and insurance are obviously in order and I doubt they'll hold onto a car long enough for it to need an NCT but we don't know about their other tax affairs."

Can you imagine owning a car like that, standing in the NCT centre waiting room, looking through the window like a new father looking in the window of the nursery in the Coombe, as some Bosmanian with a back pocket full of "found in the ashtray/under the mat €50 notes" thrashes your car, hoping he can get it to fail just so he can see your face when he tells you?

Me neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,362 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

milltown wrote:
    Can you imagine owning a car like that, standing in the NCT centre waiting room, looking through the window like a new father looking in the window of the nursery in the Coombe

An NCT no matter for what car is not quite like becoming a father :)

Mind I watch over those NCT boyos like a hawk while they are indecently assaulting me motor. Not through glass in the waiting room but right where they are. They must have got the look of me a few NCTs ago and this dude came up to me asking if I was the owner. I obviously was. He was about to fail me on rear seatbelts that he claimed did not work until I demo'd that they were perfectly fine :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Hmmm. Unkel's dead right. Last year during my NCT when the 'supervisor' was called over, I quickly realised my 18 month old nephew had a more complete grasp of the English language.

Someone pointing violently at the steering control arm does not a mechanic make.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Seen one of them new astra's this morning on the way to work (finally after seeing them online for months), only a glympse but looked well.

Astra sports hatch or what ever its called btw (2 hatch version)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭whippet

the boss just took delivery of his CLS55, sweet sweet machine.

speaking of Hummers, I recently saw a super streched version of the original hummer with UK plates on it on the M1, massive all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Seen a Tank yesterday, on my way home from work. Was coming through Terenure Village about 4.45pm and there it was driving by. 2 army heads sitting on top of it. It was fairly motoring along, so I doubt it if i'm the only one that seen it. Although I had to look twice. Prob on its way down to the barracks down in rathmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Yesterday I spotted a nice classic BMW, 3.0 CS, or something like that. Looks like the 2002 but sticks out more at the nose. The reg was from Laguna Beach, California!

Also saw a brand new M3, an 01 M5, and two 8-series.

It was a good day :D

02 Honda integra Type R but not the old shape, was new shape and looked very clean.
    Didnt know you could get them over here so can i safelly assume it was an import?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

I'm just after seeing three Porsche's in the space of 5 minutes. Very nice they were too. Two boxters and one 911.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I was out with a mate and in Templeogue I saw a grey stretched Lincoln Towncar and then a 97 Integra Type-R, not too flashy but it was nicely maitained, it looked and sounded nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭trance2004

Today I saw Aston Martin DB9 :D:D :eek: :eek: :eek: :D:D:D .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

I was getting the NCT done in Fonthill last week and there was one of the huge stretch limo's (sorry no idea who actually makes these things!) there waiting to go on the ramp to be done!

Thing was about the size of 2 ramps :) but unfortunately they finished (and failed) my car before I could see the limo being worked on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

trance2004 wrote:
    They are amazing cars aren't they? Such presence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I know it's not exactly exotic, but my dad's 1993 MR2, in black. I cleaned it the other day, and looking at it just brought a smile to my face :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭trance2004

They are amazing cars aren't they? Such presence :D

:D The car is fantastic. Would buy one,but I'm afraid I would not have any money left for the insurance :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I see one of those mercs on my way to school a good bit. Also, there's 2 Bentley GT Continentals around Dalkey, and just last night I saw a Hummer H2 in Dalkey.

Yesterday in Blanch Vilage i seen one of these:
    am030506.jpg
    Are they not quite rare?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

saw some kind of corvette last week, turned a few heads.

also saw a brand new evo 8, fantastic sound coming from the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

jozi wrote:
    Yesterday in Blanch Vilage i seen one of these:
    am030506.jpg
    Are they not quite rare?

Yes they certainly are rare. I have seen a couple around though.

Saw a 1995 Virage a few years back, I followed it down the N4, in my Nissan Micra. He was sticking to the speed limit too - not sure if I'd be able to stick to speed limits in a car like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

trance2004 wrote:

I saw one on Friday in Bluebell. Stunningly beautiful.

05 D 89 and a few zeros ( the eight was shapped like a B)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

i sh1t you not, but i saw a lambourghini murcielago in naas last week. only caught a glimpse cos i was drivin but it was WOW, think it was at a show in mondello. and there's a guy who buys stuff where i work always comes in in his shiny 99 Ferrari F355, he's not afraid to give it a bit of wheelspin in the car park either. for now my humble VW shall suffice.... someday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Saw a 04 D Aston Martin DB9 sitting outside Penny's in Limerick yesterday. He must have been in buying the cheap underwear I'd say. Looked amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Kermitt wrote:
    i sh1t you not, but i saw a lambourghini murcielago in naas last week. only caught a glimpse cos i was drivin but it was WOW, think it was at a show in mondello.

I'd well believe it, that was where I saw the Porsches on Friday night. I've seen a Lamborghini Countach in Naas a few times as well, though I haven't sen that in about a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

I've seen a Murcielago (bright orange) driving around.

Also saw Bono's Maserati Quattroporte on the Stillorgan with Bono at the wheel (terrifying the populace) a few weeks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Ernie Ball wrote:
    Also saw Bono's Maserati Quattroporte on the Stillorgan with Bono at the wheel (terrifying the populace) a few weeks back.

Yeah I read he bought himself a Maser alright. Haven't seen it yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

I saw the strangest thing the other day, it was a stretch limo chrysler pt cruiser, possibly the ugliest car on irish roads only 3 times longer, it was crazy looking, i only caught a glimpse of it but i think it was on american plates...

EDIT: something like this except silver and not quite as bling

BMW M3 And Some big mitsibishi (3000gt possibly) in cavan :eek:
    I love the M3's and this one was actually a decent color, Black

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

3000gts are class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Lighthouse_Cat

Saw a Ferrari 360 spider a couple of days ago going through Dublin.

Not a big fan of Ferraris when I see them in mags, but to actually see one (doesn't happen too often really) on the road is a totally different experience. Love the plexiglass engive cover.

Oh, and I've got some great photos of a Gallardo I saw on the quays on my phone. Smaller than I expected, yellow reg, orange car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

my focus kicks ass

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement