Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

that colour really is horrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

AMG SLK, and a 300C caddy with a Bentley logo (or full grill?) bit OTT imo, they look ok without the logo but sticking that on too is a step too far.
    Did you see that AMG SLK in Dublin dumbyearbook? As I think I saw that very one in Carrickmines yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

fabsoul wrote: »
    saw this today on my way from Gort to Ennis.

FF30306665_1e.jpgff211306665_2e.jpg

The Dutch Ferrari club are visiting Ireland at the moment, theres some pics on their website. Can't find the link though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

conical wrote: »
    Carrickmines today...
    IMG_0087308641_1e.jpgIMG_0088308641_2e.jpg
    I've seen so many photos of it but I haven't actually seen it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

steve06 wrote: »

I would agree with you.Des cullen have 2-3 Gallardos on carzone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Chap around the Baggot St area has a Merc CLK200 badged as a CLK55 , I'll be getting a de-badged E430 next week - that'll sort him out !!!

I've always de-badged or 'dieseled' my hi-po cars. Cortina 2.8 was a '1.3', Pajero 3.5 was a '2.5diesel', Omega 3000Gsi was a '2.0D'. Diesel badges on the fuel flap as well.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

steve06 wrote: »

Surely that's a good thing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

TJJP wrote: »
    Surely that's a good thing....
    why is that? I'd love to see it up close.
    I would agree with you.Des cullen have 2-3 Gallardos on carzone.
    They're not in the country yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Capri wrote: »
    Chap around the Baggot St area has a Merc CLK200 badged as a CLK55 , I'll be getting a de-badged E430 next week - that'll sort him out !!!

I've always de-badged or 'dieseled' my hi-po cars. Cortina 2.8 was a '1.3', Pajero 3.5 was a '2.5diesel', Omega 3000Gsi was a '2.0D'. Diesel badges on the fuel flap as well.:rolleyes:

Why bother?? :confused:

If your car is the real deal then why bother having to 'trick' someone purely for a boy racer traffic lights Grand Prix?! When you have the power at your disposal, you don't need to show off IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

MarkN wrote: »
    Why bother?? :confused:

If your car is the real deal then why bother having to 'trick' someone purely for a boy racer traffic lights Grand Prix?! When you have the power at your disposal, you don't need to show off IMO.

Maybe to decrease the chances of it being stolen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Stolen?
    Shure thats why we all have insurance......isn't it?
    The whole idea of Dieseling a High powered car petrol with nasty badges just does not tug my rug at all...........its pure silly.
    But each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

delly wrote: »
    88056745tw3.jpg
    AMG CL63

Just saw this car in Cork there now. The front brake dics are HUGE on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

This has to be some kind of record. On a banal journey from Rathfarnham to Baggot Street and back today, I saw:

An 07 Ferrari F430
    An 07 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

Both of these were in red and looked amazing. The latter was parked on a double yellow.

Also saw an Aston-Martin Vantage (ho hum) and a Carrera (yawn) and two M5s (whatever).

Then, on the way back, saw this Audi R8:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

fletch wrote: »
    Did you see that AMG SLK in Dublin dumbyearbook? As I think I saw that very one in Carrickmines yesterday

Ya in Sandyford not too keen on the SLK myself rare enough to spot an AMG version of it, there was a guy up there with an E class AMG there the other day too did'nt get a pick though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

'04 Dodge Ram in Templeouge today:

f_Image005m_aebcd68.jpg

There was also an '84 Chevrolet C/K parked near it, but I didn't get a picture of it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Max_Damage wrote: »
    '04 Dodge Ram in Templeouge today:

f_Image005m_aebcd68.jpg

There was also an '84 Chevrolet C/K parked near it, but I didn't get a picture of it unfortunately.

He must love burning money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

CyberGhost wrote: »

Beats driving a Micra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Beats driving a Micra.

If you love burning money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Why? the cl63 would burn a lot more money when you take depreciation into account.
    The Dollar/Euro is favourable now.
    The Ram costs €270 annual road tax
    The 5.9 cummins diesel/5.7 hemi v8(345bhp) return an average 20mpg(imperial) not great but not much worse than many of the vehicles on irish roads today.

Your throwaway comment is typical of the uninformed masses.

RedorDead wrote: »
    Maybe to decrease the chances of it being stolen?

Not a personal comment but that's a ridiculous idea. Proper car thieves know cars and someone sticking a TDI badge on a nice car is not going to fool anyone.

I presume this is the same SL lads?

Irish guy driving it anyway, someone with me spoke to him about it.

sl2.jpg
    sl1.jpg
    sl3.jpg

• Advertisement

Hope she does'nt get impounded.........fair bit of VRT to be paid up on her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Hope she does get impounded.........fair bit of VRT to be paid up on her!

A, the begrudger! Typical idiotic comment, why would you wish that on someone?! If you can get away with VRT, then why not, and I make no apology for saying that. Its a ludicrous tax.

As for the dodge ram, love them, they are 10 a penny in the US and so cheap for what you get. I'd have the 5.7L hemi myself...

astraboy wrote: »
    A, the begrudger! Typical idiotic comment, why would you wish that on someone?! If you can get away with VRT, then why not, and I make no apology for saying that. Its a ludicrous tax.

The guy could own businesses all over Europe or something anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

MarkN wrote: »
    The guy could own businesses all over Europe or something anyway.
    Agreed..
    I hate when people just don't have a clue and start saying oh he is a tax fraud :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

astraboy wrote: »

http://www.beerandloathing.com/glos_b.htm :)

LOL - its appears my typo has sent a few ppl here round the bend. I meant to say I hope she DOES'NT get impounded........LOL
    I know a bloke who has one of these, and to be honest - its more suited to his Missus imho (to which i'm entitled).

FFS..........calm down.......Breath in, and Breath out.

LOL - its appears my typo has sent a few ppl here round the bend. I meant to say I hope she DOES'NT get impounded........LOL
    I know a bloke who has one of these, and to be honest - its more suited to his Missus imho (to which i'm entitled).

FFS..........calm down.......Breath in, and Breath out.

Fair enough! Ya I agree it is a bit of a girly car, even if it is an AMG!:D

Ta, the only bit i like about this car is the AMG aspect of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

hi5 wrote: »
    Why? the cl63 would burn a lot more money when you take depreciation into account.
    The Dollar/Euro is favourable now.
    The Ram costs €270 annual road tax
    The 5.9 cummins diesel/5.7 hemi v8(345bhp) return an average 20mpg(imperial) not great but not much worse than many of the vehicles on irish roads today.

Your throwaway comment is typical of the uninformed masses.

huh? 270? isn't it going by the engine size? the this has a 6 little motor.

Anyways, while I might not be informed, the car is still very unpractical for Ireland, it's huge.

• Advertisement

huh? 270? isn't it going by the engine size? the this has a 6 little motor.

Anyways, while I might not be informed, the car is still very unpractical for Ireland, it's huge.

It gets commercial tax:D(i assume, once the pickup bed is more then 45% of the body length it qualifies). Its not that big, large by regular pickup standards but not near the length of a large merc sprinter van. Once the driver knows what he's doing it'll be grand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement