Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

tdc wrote: »
    I wouldnt really say that now, red murci was a great spot but the alfa was there for a much publicised launch, just outside a hotel and not at an alfa dealer. it would be great to see one driving on the road but one on a podium surrounded by ropes just isnt the same. anyone know how many are coming to ireland this year?
    I'm sure someone else will know for sure, but I heard that total production numbers will be in the low thousands, and right hand drive versions will be in double figures.

Here's a promotional video

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Still couldnt park right! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Down in bradys castleknock. Looked v. well!

13052008009pa4.th.jpg

13052008012dp5.th.jpg

13052008011pu1.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

God that Alfa is and will be some CRUMPET PULLER!

all ugly rich blokes or loaded guys with wee weeners will definately want one.

The interior is SENSATIONAL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

all ugly rich blokes or loaded guys with wee weeners will definately want one.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Used to work in sales for one of the biggest Alfa dealers in the country when the prodution 8C was announced.

The original production run was limited to 500 cars, this was increased to 1,000 cars when the spider was announced last September. (500 coupe/500 spider)
    Cars will be Left Hand Drive only
    At the time, I believe there was 5-8 cars MAX coming to Ireland but that may have gone down if Alfa decided to send some of those cars to other "MORE IMPORTANT MARKETS"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Loving the C63 AMG. I've been in an E55 AMG and that was FAST, I can only imagine what the 6.3L engine in the little C class is like! Its ridiculous, ostentatious, and beyond reason and I really really like it. :D Take that John Gormely!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I've seen a few C63 AMG's around the place, mostly parked and in traffic but I finally heard one growling in anger last week.

He was making a dash for traffic lights on Dorset St. and it just sounded amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I'd say they sound sweet. 450BHP 6.3L V8! Phwarrr..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

The CLS version actually gives more power and is quicker, despite the increase in mass :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

That C63 has been doing the rounds a fair bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

qz wrote: »
    That C63 has been doing the rounds a fair bit!

Yeah, its been seen all over dublin :)

I wonder what the milage is by now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yeah that Alfa is a fantastic looking car, lovely little details and a superbly proportioned shape !

The C63 AMG is deliberatley de-tuned so that it doesn't out perform the more exepensive cars in the range.

Great sound although the AMG 55 Kompressor engines sound nicer as you can hear the Supercharger whine under the bassy V8 rumble !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

Saw this on the way home yesterday evening - pictures don't do it any favours, it looked really well on the move, very big car too;

X6.JPG

X6 .JPG

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

That X6 looks terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

God that x6 is the worst looking car I have seen in a long time! Who is going to buy one of them!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

kbannon wrote: »
    That X6 looks terrible

+1.

Godawful. Its kinda like the SsangYong yokeamajig.

I know richie rvf said its better in the flesh, but......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

Top Gear Mag this month concurred that the sight of it was appalling but apparently it is quite a good drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

X6= phuck ugly. It sell loads, I mean people still buy 6 Series too and they a butt ugly !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I just seen the pics of the alfa 8C, WOW - thread should have been locked then as there is nothing around to beat that!

• Advertisement

jozi wrote: »
    I just seen the pics of the alfa 8C, WOW - thread should have been locked then as there is nothing around to beat that!

theres plenty more we dont know about - for now ;)

Spotted on the Naas road yesterday.

Very loud and uneven idle!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

richie_rvf wrote: »
    Saw this on the way home yesterday evening - pictures don't do it any favours, it looked really well on the move, very big car too;

X6.JPG

X6 .JPG
    It looks like a double decker Toyota prius:D

ronoc wrote: »
    Spotted on the Naas road yesterday.

Very loud and uneven idle!

the 355 is gorgeous, especially in blue IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Saw this today in dealership. Was advertised with slogan "buy now and save €9,950 on VRT after July 1st"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Roller has nowhere near the presence of the Phantom. Driver looked happy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

Gatster wrote: »
    Roller has nowhere near the presence of the Phantom. Driver looked happy though.

The Drophead is a fantastic spot !!! I have been fortunate to have been a passanger in a Phantom on a few occasions ... the ultimate car to be driven in !!

Gatster wrote: »

I would have thought the Phantom Drophead would have the most road presence of any car:cool: Great spot!! I hope it's not just visiting. When did you see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

bigslick wrote: »
    Saw this today in dealership. Was advertised with slogan "buy now and save €9,950 on VRT after July 1st"

But it is already registered, so the VRT is paid :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

conneem-TT wrote: »
    But it is already registered, so the VRT is paid :confused:

The VRT increases on those after 1st July by €9,950.

Reading the quote it's not the clearest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement