Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

qz wrote:
    Anyways, today I saw two E55 AMG's (one was an estate version, why would someone buy that?!)
    Ehhhh....fast car, hold shopping, wife and kids and prob has no problem keeping up with alot of high performance cars.
    Bit like a Audi S4 or S6 in estate varienty, which is the one i would choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

jozi wrote:
    Ehhhh....fast car, hold shopping, wife and kids and prob has no problem keeping up with alot of high performance cars.
    Bit like a Audi S4 or S6 in estate varienty, which is the one i would choose.

Just seems to be a strange combination, usually a sports car is a sports car, but I understand your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

qz wrote:
    Just seems to be a strange combination, usually a sports car is a sports car, but I understand your point.

Ferrari Estate.!
    car_pop05.jpg
    Aston Martin Estate
    virage_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

A lamborghini for the school run:

lm0023.jpg

Should keep preston and portia safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Saw a Dodge Viper parked in Clontarf today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

FX Meister wrote:
    Saw a Dodge Viper parked in Clontarf today.

Cool! Saw one in the States last year, red, pretty impressive.

Haven't seen anything quite so strange around these parts, in the last few days a Bently Continental GT Flying Spur. 05 - D (in waterford)

and a Left hand drive, American imported with 05 plates BMW 745 Li. Absolutley massive car. Very nice interior also.

Oh and an Audi RS6, but that's always around. (didnt see it in a while, but thought it was worth a mention)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭stevieg_irl

i was up in dublin last week,
    saw an M3, DB9,Ferrari 612,TVR Cerberra driving around.
    in the toys for big boys at the RDS i saw a Ferrari 430,360, Mr2 Ferrari replica, DB9, 911 Carrera S, Lotus Excige and an Invicta,

Im from clare and around Ennis i have seen a Ferrari 355gt-s, possible Replica?
    a few M3's an M5, a 760i,
    one DB9,a few Evo's, a few Skyline's, none are gt-R
    Type R Integra's,Civic's,
    a few nice Levin's,
    Jag Xk8,
    Porsche Boxster, Carrera S, i have never seen a turbo,
    edit: Merc CLK Brabus

didnt see them all in one day, but over time,
    cant think of anymore now

the BMW 760 was especially nice cos on his Reg. the number was 760,
    nice touch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

pics pics pics people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

saw a Bentley Continental GT black driving thru Temple Bar with the UK reg
    SNO3ERY!!!! (snobery)

Sweet car, but 'i'm a twat' reg.

I bet he never street parks this. anyone see?

Got some more petrol KBannon?

img57940gm.jpg
    img57959yt.jpg

At the Toys 4 Gay Boys show
    img57928dr.jpg

Spotted an S4 and RS6 last saturday as well as some sort of grey TVR

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

In Budapest for the weekend .

Was in the new Merc S500, saw an SL65 AMG , also saw an Infinity FX .

dsc005249ax.th.jpg
    dsc005625qj.th.jpg
    dsc005634wa.th.jpg
    dsc005657wx.th.jpg

Nice pics sharkman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Saw a Maserati Quattroporte in Waterford today. Flew past me didn't get a decent look. Very nice. English plates, and 4 exhausts, dat's about all I got!
    ciarsd wrote:
    pics pics pics people!

Pictures are hard to get!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

FX Meister wrote:
    Got some more petrol KBannon?
    Not for that! I love them!

Yet you would burn a new model?? I guess if I had the cash I'd go for a newer one, like I posted previously, as I figure it would run better and be more modern.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Today, on Macken street, Dublin 2: A Tatra T613! Going too fast in the other way for me to get a pic, but here's one similar.

T613-4Moores.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It didn't have an 88-C reg by any chance ds, I could have sworn I saw one some time back. There can't be too many of them around, nice car and sounds great too.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

FX Meister wrote:
    Yet you would burn a new model?? I guess if I had the cash I'd go for a newer one, like I posted previously, as I figure it would run better and be more modern.
    Its just a personal preference but there is a huge difference between the two.

picture1058uy.jpg
    img57940gm.jpg

VW did a good job updating the Beetle but I still prefer the original. BMW did a good job updating the mini and again I still prefer the original. To me they have more character. With the above pics, the original has plenty of character and is looked upon fondly by most who see it. The new model just looks like a really badly modified MPV which does nothing for me at all.
    Each to their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Spoted this yesterday of dorset street heading towards phibsborough.
    Not a car but it has an engine with more CC's than alot
    dsc002327xz.th.jpg
    2300CC it says on a plaq

EDIT: pic looks alot less fuzz on my phone, considering it was take by amobile phone not bad thou if i may say so myself :D

junkyard wrote:
    It didn't have an 88-C reg by any chance ds, I could have sworn I saw one some time back. There can't be too many of them around, nice car and sounds great too.
    I thought it was 86 D, but he (?) was fairly hustling. This is the first Tatra I ever saw in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

There's a Tatra T613 permanently parked on Burlington Road D4. I don't want to take a picture as the flash on my camera might disturb the many hookers who work the street.

Cool - there's some cool cars where you live, el tel. Please take a picture, preferably with a hooker or two in the background.

PS: Did you see that DS we discussed before is up for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Cool - there's some cool cars where you live, el tel. Please take a picture, preferably with a hooker or two in the background.

PS: Did you see that DS we discussed before is up for sale?

There are indeed some cool cars where I live, in fact there's a '78 Aston Martin Vantage and a '69 Dodge Charger in our driveway. I've been driven up the street where the DS lives (Waterloo Road) at 65mph in the Vantage. The Charger has been mentioned on this thread ages ago.

I don't see the point in paying to motor shows as between Dublin and Belfast
    I get to see a $hit load of cars. I'll be posting a backlog of photos next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

kbannon wrote:
    Its just a personal preference but there is a huge difference between the two.

picture1058uy.jpg
    img57940gm.jpg

VW did a good job updating the Beetle but I still prefer the original. BMW did a good job updating the mini and again I still prefer the original. To me they have more character. With the above pics, the original has plenty of character and is looked upon fondly by most who see it. The new model just looks like a really badly modified MPV which does nothing for me at all.
    Each to their own!

Have to agree I've owned a 76 bay window and an 83 Type 2,5 The earlier one sure is purdy but it drives like a bus, is underpowered (even my 2L version) and can be a nightmare to park.But they look so good who cares!!!

Aesthetically the 80's caravelle campers were acceptable if they had the right roof and were way more driveable.They can look really good with enough work.

This is my baby, a 79 chevrolet G30 van with a cobra camper conversion, rockin a chevy small block 5.7Ltr V8. Currently being customised in 70's passion wagon style... 9" wide western cyclone wheels, mud flares, hood scoop, teardrop moon windows,custom paint very custom interior.Oh and LPG conversion to save on the €€€€'s. I've just put on the wheels , same as the ones on the general lee pictured earlier.These are original 70's wheels refurbished and shipped over from California.

Van4.jpg

These are her new wheels
    Wheel1.jpg

I Love my van.....
    small-van-shot.jpg

If you're one of the three people reading this who like campervans theres more photos of Helga at

http://www.geocities.com/irishskateparkforum/chevy

Saw my first Irish reg'd Continental Flying Spur today, it actually didn't look too fantastic. And then a new M5 earlier on.

shagman, would you be the same Shaggy who used to run Channel Zero? Looks like you but hard to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

this is what i saw whem i was in france. i especially like the slr

wow2ux.th.jpg
    nice4rd.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Slr, I still haven't seen one in this country.

cabla - is that an F430 wizzing past you in the first photo?

• Advertisement

Fabritzo wrote:
    Slr, I still haven't seen one in this country.

try in and around Blessington area, allegedly there is 2 lurking about up there somewhere.

I've witnessed one (quite briefly) on the M50 with garage plates - yet to see one up close though :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement