Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

kwalshe wrote: »
    Honestly , I only caught enough of a glimpse to see it was a green Gallardo. I think it did have a black or convertible roof, I'm about 70% sure of that but it was dusk and I reacted to see-ing it like somebody had just hit my eye balls with Tazer darts......
    dammit, we need pics now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Honestly , I only caught enough of a glimpse to see it was a green Gallardo. I think it did have a black or convertible roof, I'm about 70% sure of that but it was dusk and I reacted to see-ing it like somebody had just hit my eye balls with Tazer darts......

Ok sorry about this, I called my good lady to discuss the above phenomenom? and she told me it was a baby blue.... so the car is similar to...... dont know if RHD by the way ' cause did'nt see reg . I'm so annoyed with myself I did'nt see it sooner.... I have a responsibility as a boardsie.....
    gallardo_spyder_bs.jpg

the green is a lot different, in the dark it could have been the blue though if you just got a glimpse.
    ithaca_spyder_11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Ok sorry about this, I called my good lady to discuss the above phenomenom? and she told me it was a baby blue.... so the car is similar to...... dont know if RHD by the way ' cause did'nt see reg . I'm so annoyed with myself I did'nt see it sooner.... I have a responsibility as a boardsie.....
    gallardo_spyder_bs.jpg

There is a WW reg'd Spyder in that colour alright :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

ciarsd wrote: »
    There is a WW reg'd Spyder in that colour alright :cool:

It was in crookstown on near the Baltinglass road so sounds like possibly the one....

• Advertisement

It appears that all the pics in this thread of the blue spyder have been removed... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

Hogzy wrote: »
    Why is it illegal, it looks securely strapped down?
    AFAIK having your rear view mirror blocked is ok (Vans with solid rear doors)
    :D

I think any of us who love our cars would be the ones worrying about the law after what we'd done to the driver if it was one of our cars that sh1te landed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Yeah baby blue right hand drive 06-ww i think anyway!!

Lovely car fantastic noise. was "stuck" behind him for a few miles! Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

MarkN wrote: »
    I think any of us who love our cars would be the ones worrying about the law after what we'd done to the driver if it was one of our cars that sh1te landed on.

In that case id say you know what constitutes murder:D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The Alpina was in near to perfect nic. I noticed it in the corner of my eye driving along and knew by the front splitter. All originial Alpina parts to it (wheels, steering wheel)

97471563.jpg
    43645440.jpg
    47356295.jpg
    83810549.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Ok, imageshack has changed it's format and I'm unsure how to post uploaded pics so that they show up in a post. Could someone tell me if I just paste the HTML code as part of my post?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Use photobucket instead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

antodeco wrote: »
    The Alpina was in near to perfect nic. I noticed it in the corner of my eye driving along and knew by the front splitter. All originial Alpina parts to it (wheels, steering wheel)

Just a pity that according to Cartell it's a 318.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

83810549.jpg

Pity this is another one of those sad people who has more money than sense who put AMG badges all over their SL350!!
    Guy trade to trade this in a few years ago to me for an XK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Pity this is another one of those sad people who has more money than sense who put AMG badges all over their SL350!!
    Guy trade to trade this in a few years ago to me for an XK.

Really?

The amount of really, really sad people - who re-badge their cars to be something they're not - is astounding!
    Even worse is a mis-representative reg. plate. If I bought a re-badged car, at least I could pull the badges off, but there's no escaping the reg. plate.

I'd think that, while a nice reg plate that suits the right car may add to the desirability of that car, a nice reg plate that lies about the car actually devalues it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

eljono wrote: »
    Ok, imageshack has changed it's format and I'm unsure how to post uploaded pics so that they show up in a post. Could someone tell me if I just paste the HTML code as part of my post?
    Copy and paste the code in the 'Embeddable Code:' box, the one marked 'Forums'.
    It'll look something like this:
    [noparse]preparationh.jpg[/noparse]

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the sl55 should have dual exhausts each side shouldn't it? Any other way to tell the difference? I see that car most days and always wondered about it.

I reckon it's the real deal - I've seen it around a lot and des Cullen doesn't buy regs like that and stick them on lower spec cars.

Although cartell is useless, i think you're thinking of 04D55 which is a 350

but they all have dual exhausts either side and that one doesn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

copacetic wrote: »
    the sl55 should have dual exhausts each side shouldn't it? Any other way to tell the difference? I see that car most days and always wondered about it.

Quad exhausts, V8 Kompressor badges on either side, those mental AMG alloys with a thousand spokes, deep front grill, check the brakes maybe? See if they say AMG? (Granted none of this could be done using the above photo).

• Advertisement

qz wrote: »
    Quad exhausts, V8 Kompressor badges on either side, those mental AMG alloys with a thousand spokes, deep front grill, check the brakes maybe? See if they say AMG? (Granted none of this could be done using the above photo).

well it hasn't got the exhausts, the V8 kompressor badges or those AMG alloys(just some 5 spoke ones)

Guys theres no way thats an SL55 AMG

mercedes_benz_sl_class_sl55_amg_roadster_2008_exterior_rearview.jpg

Unless he decided to change the body work for a standard SL.... And btw those Des Cullen plates can be had no bother at a price, just cos it has des cullen plates doesnt mean it was bought there...

The guy driving it probably was told it was an SL55 cos of the plates and the badges... I wouldnt put it past some people TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

When dealers use carzone, they are asked for a refence number, which some put in the reg. Luckily for us, carzone tend to save things, and Des Cullen uses reg's as a reference number;)
    Carzone wrote:
    Phone: Email: Comments: I would like to enquire about the 2004 Mercedes-Benz SL 350 www.descullencars.ie AMG 3.5 Petrol (ref. 04C55)...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

antodeco wrote: »

97471563.jpg
    43645440.jpg

I seen that Saturday in Phibsboro. Wasn't sure if it was genuine or not, as you said looks like all original Alpina parts. His bumper must have gotten a few knocks since it looked a little front heavy :P Couldn't really tell from the sound if there was more than a 4pot under the bonnet since he was going very slow with a bus nearby.

steve06 wrote: »
    I reckon it's the real deal - I've seen it around a lot and des Cullen doesn't buy regs like that and stick them on lower spec cars.

Although cartell is useless, i think you're thinking of 04D55 which is a 350

Nope, def thinking of that one as its a Cork reg and I'm in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Nope, def thinking of that one as its a Cork reg and I'm in Cork.

See my above post;)

Sorry, not paying attention.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Hogzy wrote: »
    And btw those Des Cullen plates can be had no bother at a price, just cos it has des cullen plates doesnt mean it was bought there...

To be honest I havent seen that type of font on any car reg that wasnt from Des Cullen.

• Advertisement

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    To be honest I havent seen that type of font on any car reg that wasnt from Des Cullen.

Ya your probably right, I was just trying to argue:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement