Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭EI321

Wow what a 'bargain'!

Only 45k + VRT:

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/03/32647903.html

You could get a proper ferrari for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

EI321 wrote: »
    Wow what a 'bargain'!

Only 45k + VRT:

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/03/32647903.html

You could get a proper ferrari for that.

+VAT too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

The AMG badge on that C-reg SL isn't placed to the proper spec either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

jozi wrote: »
    I seen that Saturday in Phibsboro. Wasn't sure if it was genuine or not, as you said looks like all original Alpina parts. His bumper must have gotten a few knocks since it looked a little front heavy :P Couldn't really tell from the sound if there was more than a 4pot under the bonnet since he was going very slow with a bus nearby.

Ah, Cartell ruins the dream once more.

Registration 02D1794
    Make BMW
    Model 318
    Description COUPE
    Fuel Type PETROL

Still & all it is a nice car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Thought something was up with it to be honest but was too lazy to check myself. The badges are a bit wonky - no way it would be like that on the real thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

steve06 wrote: »
    I reckon it's the real deal - I've seen it around a lot and des Cullen doesn't buy regs like that and stick them on lower spec cars.

Although cartell is useless, i think you're thinking of 04D55 which is a 350

blatantly obvious fake

well in a reversal - there's an SL65 around Dalkey with a 55 reg on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

A C63 AMG ant Northern Cross in Dublin today

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5923/24032009060.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/7518/24032009061.jpg

And some Dodge spaceship that was HUGE!

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/9808/20032009059.jpg

MODEDIT:

pics as links only, as they were humungous, please resize

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

That Dodge is almost as big as your pictures.
    And how can we be sure that that's a real C63? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

That 63 is a beauty.

Saw a beautiful 325ci about 20 mins ago, had Alpina wheels.

Just curious but what is Alpina? Is it the AMG of Bmw? Like were th Alpina 5 series better than the M5's?

Probably a stupid question but I dunno very much about BMW's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    That 63 is a beauty.

Saw a beautiful 325ci about 20 mins ago, had Alpina wheels.

Just curious but what is Alpina? Is it the AMG of Bmw? Like were th Alpina 5 series better than the M5's?

Probably a stupid question but I dunno very much about BMW's!

I always do this in my head:

BMW -> Mercedes
    M -> AMG
    Alpina -> Brabus

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Alpina is a separate tuning company, much like AMG used to be before they became part of Mercedes. An 'Alpina' BMW can mean anything from a standard car with an Alpina spoiler upwards. Have a look here: http://www.alpina-automobiles.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Anan1 wrote: »
    An 'Alpina' BMW can mean anything from a standard car with an Alpina spoiler upwards.

Well not quite - Alpina isn't a Tuning company, its a separate vehicle manufacturer. An Alpina will have a different engine, suspension, interior - and most importantly a new chassis number.

A BMW with an alpina spoiler isn't an Alpina.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Like were th Alpina 5 series better than the M5's?

A lot of people (including me) would prefer the 5 series based Alpina B10 due to the rarity. One of the main differences between the 2 is that the Alpina has an auto/tiptronic gearbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Ah ha! Thanks.

These are the wheels that were on the 3 series

http://www.alpina-automobiles.com/en/models-alpina/factory-collection.html

Quite different, thats what brought my attention to em!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

That C63 AMG above and the CL350 and lots of other high end marques, why oh why do the owners have those ridiculous big bold registrations? I absolutely hate them, they cheapen a car so much which is ironic on considering they're always on massively expensive cars.

A standard reg with 09 C 55 would look so much classier, understated and overall more refined looking than that big ass childlike plate. I saw an Aston with one before and it destroyed the car in my eyes...

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

A standard reg with 09 C 55 would look so much classier, understated and overall more refined looking than that big ass childlike plate. I saw an Aston with one before and it destroyed the car in my eyes...

I disagree, I really like the regs. Much nicer than the normal "pressed" plate.

Plus its an absolute marketing gem for Des Cullen, you instantly know it's one of their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    I disagree, I really like the regs. Much nicer than the normal "pressed" plate.

Plus its an absolute marketing gem for Des Cullen, you instantly know it's one of their cars.

Christ lads. I love cars as much as the next person but when I can spot a reg & say, "oh, thats a Des Cullen", it's time to ask some serious questions. Like......have you ever kissed a girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

UhOh wrote: »
    Christ lads. I love cars as much as the next person but when I can spot a reg & say, "oh, thats a Des Cullen", it's time to ask some serious questions. Like......have you ever kissed a girl?

And if you kissed a girl and it said 32C on her bra but she was only packing a 32b would you be equally upset? :D

Silver reg surround and big fat letters... everyone knows that :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Love that Merc. Recently saw an off-white coloured c-class with slightly tinted windows and a lovely set of AMG wheels, not usually my gig but it looked superb.

I kissed a girl and I liked it, the taste of her cherry chapstick :/

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

In fairness its very distinctive, hence why I said a marketing gem!

And yes I have a girlfriend, who has no interest in cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭DirtyOilBurner

Surely a MODERATOR would put an end to all the bull**** talking that goes on in here, it is a brilliant thread but every time i click on it there's no pictures of cars just people talking ****e, you should only be able to post if you have a picture of a nice car, anyone agree??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

+1

Surely a MODERATOR would put an end to all the bull**** talking that goes on in here, it is a brilliant thread but every time i click on it there's no pictures of cars just people talking ****e, you should only be able to post if you have a picture of a nice car, anyone agree??

Yea, should knock around 300 pages off the thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 conor.111

A forum is a place for discussion.

Surely what had been said above is discussion in relation to a picture posted.

I dont see what is wrong with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

agree 100%, this thread has gotten from bad to worse and its continuing in that direction. maybe on every third or fourth page there might be a picture of a car but the rest of the time it seems all thats talked about is reg plates. the thread was good when people actually posted pics of interesting cars but i cant see this thread going anywhere now.

tdc wrote: »
    agree 100%, this thread has gotten from bad to worse and its continuing in that direction. maybe on every third or fourth page there might be a picture of a car but the rest of the time it seems all thats talked about is reg plates. the thread was good when people actually posted pics of interesting cars but i cant see this thread going anywhere now.
    There's no more interesting cars left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭DirtyOilBurner

Any moderators care to comment on this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

ferrari-enzo-2.jpg

Enzo spotted on Google Street.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement