Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Switch to 40 posts per page and scan through the text if it bothers ye.
    Any moderators care to comment on this?

Mods may not read every post. A reported post or a PM will generally bring a topic to thier attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Lads, FFS, this is one of very little thread that we can have general car talk and discussion on cars we see, and other things relating to them. Read the first page of the thread. Two car pictures were posted, and then there was general chatter and discussion. I see nothing wrong with this thread. It's very easy scan down the page and see if there are any pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Lads, FFS, this is one of very little thread that we can have general car talk and discussion on cars we see, and other things relating to them. Read the first page of the thread. Two car pictures were posted, and then there was general chatter and discussion. I see nothing wrong with this thread. It's very easy scan down the page and see if there are any pictures.

Gonna +1 this - it amuses me greatly the number of AMG's or RS4's posted that aren't the real deal, the boards detectives slamming them down to earth. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

steve06 wrote: »
    There's no more interesting cars left.

well if somebody said they saw a diablo/miura/lp560/lp670 or any lambo id bet you would be pretty interested in seeing pics, no? there are always plenty of interesting cars coming, just depend on what you consider interesting. i would consider ferraris and lambos interesting whereas some people couldnt give a toss about them and would be more interested in citroen 2cv's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

cianclarke wrote: »
    Gonna +1 this - it amuses me greatly the number of AMG's or RS4's posted that aren't the real deal, the boards detectives slamming them down to earth. :D

anybody else really tired of seeing these? yea i know sometimes it can be funny to see an opel corsa with type r turbo badges but its gotten to the stage where it should have its own thread, like the unusual reg plates one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Yeah blatanlty obvious fakes are boring but sometimes you will see a car where someone has gone that extra mile to make it a replica,like the 04 red RS4 i seen on the M7 at the weekend someone went to serious trouble to make it look like an RS4 but it wasn't or the AMG merc a few posts back,the will fool 95% of the poeple but not proper enthusiasts and its a bit of craic to out them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Replicas, Clones, Tributes - they ain't all bad!

In fact I think this one looks better than the original:
    f8iimg0080jpg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

IMG00592.jpg
    IMG00593.jpg
    IMG00596.jpg
    IMG00597.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Saw this nice Italian Stallion today in Tallaght in the Drive Through.... Very nice indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

oh my God, what kind of person lets someone eat a MacDonalds in their Ferrari............all you need is to cough and you have half a big mac on the dash :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

cjmcork wrote: »
    oh my God, what kind of person lets someone eat a MacDonalds in their Ferrari............all you need is to cough and you have half a big mac on the dash :eek:

The same crazy person who buys water in McDonalds:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Isn't it a good job then that they went to Burger King instead :D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

zing wrote: »
    Isn't it a good job then that they went to Burger King instead :D

was just going to say that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Saw a black 04 VW Phaeton on the Condell roundabout in Limerick yesterday. First time i've seen one in the flesh. Its some barge! :eek:

Possibly belongs to the boardsie (Matt Simis possibly) who is selling one.

EDIT: This one.. http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volkswagen/Phaeton/V10-TDI/200909192006028/advert

...although his location is Meath. Maybe he was taking it for a spin!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

oh my God, what kind of person lets someone eat a Burgerking in their Ferrari............all you need is to cough and you have half a big mac on the dash :eek:

;)

Nice spot, i was up that way earlier, didn't see that. :(

There does be a lad up around there when all the "street racing" heads meet up with a beautiful WRX, i want.

Edit: I gotta read what everyone else says first.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

You do know that ferrari dashboards can be wiped down like every other dash don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Saw this in New York a while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

tdc wrote: »
    well if somebody said they saw a diablo/miura/lp560/lp670 or any lambo id bet you would be pretty interested in seeing pics, no? there are always plenty of interesting cars coming, just depend on what you consider interesting. i would consider ferraris and lambos interesting whereas some people couldnt give a toss about them and would be more interested in citroen 2cv's.

Of course I would, they're few and far between... I also consider a lot of other cars interesting but recently there hasn't been may people spotting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Victor_M wrote: »
    Saw this in New York a while back.

Stunning colour/color

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Fizman wrote: »
    Saw a black 04 VW Phaeton on the Condell roundabout in Limerick yesterday. First time i've seen one in the flesh. Its some barge! :eek:

Possibly belongs to the boardsie (Matt Simis possibly) who is selling one.

EDIT: This one.. http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volkswagen/Phaeton/V10-TDI/200909192006028/advert

...although his location is Meath. Maybe he was taking it for a spin!

see this at centra in raheen yesterday... my poor passat actually crept away weeping in awe at this machine!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

one like this ...i think it was the same reg but not 100% sure
    News9_2.jpg
    911-cabrio-jan09-2.jpg

In Strandhill, Sligo of all places.
    rear end was still heavily disguised
    sorry, had no camera on me ..

this is the 3rd time now I've seen Porsche prototypes around Sligo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

this is the 3rd time now I've seen Porsche prototypes around Sligo

I'm guessing it's Peasant doing a bit of clandestine testing ;):D

Edit: Oops, it was you posting. Do you perhaps have a another personality that tests Porsches?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Confab wrote: »
    Do you perhaps have a another personality that tests Porsches?

Yes ...but my main drive is a nearly 20 year old van and my real passion is modding on boards
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Saw an Audi S8 (08 D reg no less :eek:) this moring by the crescent shopping centre in Limerick!! Nearly crashed as it passed me! What a machine! Yummy quad exhausts too. No pics unfortunately. Can surely only be a handful of those on this island?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Saw an old Fiat 500 (orange) like the one below. Looked to be a tight squeeze for the driver :pac:

Fiat500colors_orange2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭gorfield

tossy wrote: »
    I would imagine its an MTM tuned one,maybe even the MTM clubsport RS4,if so you are a lucky man. :D

Not even close. Its an a4 DTM edition. Google it. 2 litre turbo 4wd 225bhp.
    My mate used to have one

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Fizman wrote: »
    Saw an Audi S8 (08 D reg no less :eek:) this moring by the crescent shopping centre in Limerick!! Nearly crashed as it passed me! What a machine! Yummy quad exhausts too. No pics unfortunately. Can surely only be a handful of those on this island?

I also saw an Audi S8 in Limerick today but later on I saw a 06 D S8 on Mallow Street.

Not as rare and unique as you may think.

Now the VW Phaeton - that is rare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

saw a '98 S8 today (the origional one) in Midleton.
    Even in green, it looked savage.

Seems to be a day for them, or else they're just not that rare

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement