Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

mercedes-benz-e55-amg-2003.jpg

Had a rip round in one of these for an hour yesterday, quite possibly the best fun I've had with my clothes on in a long long time. The noise is truly incredible and the power took my breath away, have to get me one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭EI321

nialler wrote: »
    mercedes-benz-e55-amg-2003.jpg

Had a rip round in one of these for an hour yesterday, quite possibly the best fun I've had with my clothes on in a long long time. The noise is truly incredible and the power took my breath away, have to get me one of these.

Was it a 55 or a 63?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭EI321

Saw a rolls royce silver seraph in Castleknock yesterday. Much rarer than an arnage. No pics though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

EI321 wrote: »
    Was it a 55 or a 63?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Saw a ferrari 360 soft top, red/black top in annesley motors getting cleaned up earlier, they had a nice merc blocking it in :) and as I drove out a smoke grey R8 drove past....what a day :)
    Sorry no pics, I didn't want to crash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Fiona500

steve06 wrote: »
    you've no taste :D
    +1 :P

Yes, because style is something that the Americans are famous for....

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nameandanumber

Assuming it's the same one, they were looking for almost 33k for that Abarth :eek:

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Fiat/500/ABARTH-S/200920192762053/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Fiona500 wrote: »
    Yes, because style is something that the Americans are famous for....
    Huh? You cant be suggesting the Stingray isn't a beautiful car?

American styling, Mustang's, Corvette's, Dodge Viper & Charger?! All amazing cars

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Assuming it's the same one, they were looking for almost 33k for that Abarth :eek:

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Fiat/500/ABARTH-S/200920192762053/advert?channel=CARS

Ouch! 15k sterling in the UK! + FX + VRT of course.....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Fiona500

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Huh? You cant be suggesting the Stingray isn't a beautiful car?

American styling, Mustang's, Corvette's, Dodge Viper & Charger?! All amazing cars

And ruined by the colour and cheap materials used to make them. They create mega muscle cars but don't follow through on attention to detail from the concept to the production.

I agree with you that the Stingray is stunning to look at, beautiful car, but ruined by that vile orange rubbish. It looks like they let an Essex girl lose on it with a bottle of self-tan lotion.

What was wrong with the plain black that they used on the Model T's. Imagine how imposing, sexy and dangerous the Stingray would look with a metallic black paint job.....:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nameandanumber

Do-more wrote: »
    Ouch! 15k sterling in the UK! + FX + VRT of course.....

According to the Revenue website the VRT would be just over €4k on that.

So, including the pound-euro conversion that car would cost you about €21k to import inclusive of VRT. Bonkers...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

including the pound-euro conversion that car would cost you about €21k to import inclusive of VRT. Bonkers...

Yes its alot cheaper to buy in the UK but i dont think you could use the old pound to euro exchange rate, I think its 88p per euro now so if your dealing in 1000's then that difference in 12p makes a massive difference.

As i said though its still WAYYYYYY cheaper in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Travelling at speed through a junction, zoomed in and at least 50 metres away, i'm suprised I even got any of this car in the pic.
    A black Q7 with monster 22" black Monza ll-style alloys:

q7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Bought this a couple of weeks ago, Honda prelude type SH. Was waiting ages for a nice one to come along..

09052009007f.jpg
    09052009014.jpg

Ah he wants to show it off, tis lovely, whats the difference between Type S and Type SH?

Ah he wants to show it off, tis lovely, whats the difference between Type S and Type SH?

Jaysus no, it's a fugly car. It makes up for it in other ways though they are a great car to drive and go like stink.

The type SH has harder suspension in addition to the Limited slip diff on the type S I think?

Almost bought one of these two years ago cracking car.

el diablo wrote: »
    not bad, but not sure if it belongs in this thread, does it? ;)

I agree, i couldn't find the "post your new car" thread as the search feature seems to be broken at the moment. But these cars a quite rare these days so i figured people may like to see it. And technically i saw it today :pac:

I dont know the difference between the type S and type SH (I think the type S is the euro/japan version of the type SH which is the US name?) but i know the differences between the type SH and the base prelude. The SH comes with 5 spoke alloys, only comes in manual, has courtesy lights on the doors, colored body moulding and has a brake light on the spoiler. It also has ATTS (active torque transfer system) and as a consequence is heavier and a little slower than the base prelude.

And is it a 2.2 V-Tec?

And is it a 2.2 V-Tec?

Ya, its a 2.2 Vtec. Its great fun to drive, a little underpowered in the lower range but when it gets above 60mph the acceleration makes you queasy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

........ Anywho, leave it be. Back to pictures of cars.

That said....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

dodzy wrote: »
    That said....

only a 320 diesel according to Cartell

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

dodzy wrote: »
    That said....

Just cannot bring myself to like this Lorinser kit. . .it just looks seriously cheap on an already sleek car...too many bells & whistles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Get the camera out Nismo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

mcauley wrote: »
    Just cannot bring myself to like this Lorinser kit. . .it just looks seriously cheap on an already sleek car...too many bells & whistles!

Agreed, those Lorinser kits are manky, Pimp my ride stuff, there are afew of them in Castleknock, they look cheapo and nasty.

What's with all the CLS320 CDI drivers feeling inadequate and rebadging as AMG's? Most of the CLS55/63's on this thread are 320 CDI's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

NiSmO wrote: »

irish plates?

NiSmO wrote: »
    I've been told by two people that they've seen it on the Navan road and that was about a month ago so it could very well be Irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Onkle wrote: »
    Drop it lads. He's been banned from here so back on topic please

Onkle,
    Is it you that has the grey Mk2 Golf GTi? Did I see you driving through Blarney last night. Looked sweet if it was.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement