Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Open to correction of course, but that collection of BMWs (the M1, 850 and E30) looks like what was in Motor Import (BMWs Irish HQ) for a few years in the early 90's. Saw a blue Maserati Quattroporte in Tipperary on Jan1.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

A 05D 750i parked beside my 735i this evening. Nothing too spectacular you might think but it was to me. First time I actually really liked the look of the new 7. Why does it seem to take me 4/5 years to start liking new BMW models? It was the same when the E39 came out. I don't consider myself to be that conservative but maybe I am? :rolleyes:

Stylish alloys too, more like audi A8 / merc S than any BMW alloys I've seen

It's joining the S430/S500 on the shortlist for my next car for sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

unkel wrote:
    A 05D 750i parked beside my 735i this evening. Nothing too spectacular you might think but it was to me. First time I actually really liked the look of the new 7. Why does it seem to take me 4/5 years to start liking new BMW models? It was the same when the E39 came out. I don't consider myself to be that conservative but maybe I am? :rolleyes:

Stylish alloys too, more like audi A8 / merc S than any BMW alloys I've seen

It's joining the S430/S500 on the shortlist for my next car for sure :D

I saw a 745i yesterday. Prick came up into the lane beside us to pass us out at the lights, we were in a '97 Micra at the time, with my 20 year old brother driving. We were out-classed to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Max_Damage wrote:
    I reguarly see a 1960's Aston Martin DB5 on the Airton Road in Tallaght. It's on a ZV plate. I think it is used as a everyday car :eek:.

Could it be this car, it's a ZV reg (not visible on pict)
    (Think the one below is possibly is a DB6)
    aDB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Over in the Uk all Xmas, obsecene obsecene. At the Trafford Ctr (Manchester) alone on Boxing Day from memory, nice to see the wealthy getting their sale items in:

Red F430
    Red 360 Spyder
    Hummer H2
    Countless Range Rover Sports
    2x Porsche Cayenne Turbos (1 complete with bling bling chrome rims)
    2x Bently GT's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I was in Spain over the holidays and saw this crazy 3-series;
    pict18367im.th.jpg +
    pict18393ob.th.jpg

also this Corvette;
    pict1840modi6bo.th.jpg

also saw a 360 Modena, Chrysler 300c and lots of very weirdly modified cars but no pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

In work car park right now: black 06D 630i. Looks better standing right beside it compared to other ones I've seen from the car

I saw a 06D Mazda 3 today in Marlay Park, in with the Park Ranger vehicles

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Today , I'll be mostly spotting Nicky Byrnes Escalade EXT

dsc005411ua.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

eljono wrote:
    I was in Spain over the holidays and saw this crazy 3-series;
    pict18367im.th.jpg +

also saw a 360 Modena, Chrysler 300c and lots of very weirdly modified cars but no pics.

Subtle.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

That wide arched M3 is a complete waste. It is everything that the M3 was not about :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

el tel wrote:
    Could it be this car, it's a ZV reg (not visible on pict)
    (Think the one below is possibly is a DB6)
    aDB.jpg

Looks like it alright, same colour aswell. Can't be too many of them around. Outside the same building on the Airton Road where the Aston often is, I also see sometimes a dark blue Mercedes 220E Fintail (I think). Could be owned by the same guy who has the Aston.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Lotus Elise
    image0020ny.jpg

Ferrari 360
    image0054xo.jpg

Porsche 911 carrera
    image0115gs.jpg

Merc CLS 55 AMG
    image010es.jpg

Ah yes , The car park in the Airport is still a good hunting ground . ;)

The ground floor always turns up a few beauties , them rich folk have their cars valet while they sun themselves elsewhere ...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

bentley4ui.jpg
    ferrari18lp.jpg
    ferrari23oo.jpg
    ferrari34iw.jpg
    ferrari45js.jpg
    merc6005vv.jpg
    oldmerc1vt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

F355's a gorgeous. IMO one of the best looking cars ferrari have made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

Maxwell Motors have a new BMW M6 in the showroom. Blue with cream interior. There can't be too many of those in the country.

I saw a TVR T350C, and Griffith while up in Belfast yesterday

Today I say a Chevrolet Avalanche , very like the Escalade EXT ..

dsc005462mu.jpg

dsc005478ak.th.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I saw this on Dec 16th (haven't been on here really since)
    Dublins Quays - Aston pulled over for being in bus lane (traffic stopped when these were taken!).
    It had a great reg also!
    AM_in%20buslane_1.jpg
    AM_in%20buslane_2.jpg

• Advertisement

These were parked in my steet last night. I think they belonged to the guests at a do in someone's house.
    The Maser had a Northern Reg.

AM DB9
    DB912Jan06.jpg

Maserati 3200GT
    Maser12Jan06.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Bah, Thats nothing ! ...beat these beauties!!

lambo3dc.jpg

ferriari9sy.jpg

9111ps.jpg

C_Breeze wrote:
    Bah, Thats nothing ! ...beat these beauties!!

Erm, unless that Gallardo has had a respray from Arancio to Giallo I think your camera might be faulty...:p

3qta.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Popped into a friend in a main BMW dealer yesterday - working OT preparing cars for 06 reg - 400 of them no less!

Anyway, out the back away from forecourt and prying eyes...

Crap pic of a stored M1! (850 and mint E30 in background)

Those cars are belong to Frank Keane, part of his own personal collection. They graced the showrooms of the Naas rd. premises intermittantly iover the last 10-15 years !

He has others too, a lovely 507 Roadster , nice 3.0CSi, and an '02 of sorts ! The E30 Sprt has very small mileage AFAIR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Ahhh so it IS Nicky Byrne in the Escalade ! Is ee it regularly !

Also regularly see the 04DB9, 05D 911, just saw an 06 Cayenne Turbo in Malahide, theres an 05 one there regularly too !

That gold Merc 300SEL in the above photo is belong to a guy I know !

I'm lovin' that black 355...........nicest Ferrari I've seen in a long time, great colour combo !

Oh and BTW that Aston IS a DB6............the DB5 is almost identical except th rear 1/4 window is larger and the car doesn't have the Kamm tail. DB5 is much nicer IMO !

I see this car every day..........................BOO HOO !!972d4793.jpg

MercMad wrote:
    Those cars are belong to Frank Keane, part of his own personal collection. They graced the showrooms of the Naas rd. premises intermittantly iover the last 10-15 years !

He has others too, a lovely 507 Roadster , nice 3.0CSi, and an '02 of sorts ! The E30 Sprt has very small mileage AFAIR

correct! that is where my friend works :)

forget about the showrooms and the personal collection, you should see out the rear yard, away from public eyes :eek:

:cool:

MercMad wrote:
    Ahhh so it IS Nicky Byrne in the Escalade ! Is ee it regularly !

Also regularly see the 04DB9, 05D 911, just saw an 06 Cayenne Turbo in Malahide, theres an 05 one there regularly too !

Yeah , But you may see RK driving the Escalade now and again . I think RK may have taken delivery of the 06 Cayenne Turbo , Was it black ???

Couple more from my travels :)

Garda Traffic Corps fleet
    Image000.jpg

Another, with Saab on view...I was not able to manage a shot of the undercover Mondeo (looked like an ST).
    Image017.jpg

Aston Martin (pre christmas)

Not much of a 'spot' anymore however! :)
    Image012.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

MercMad wrote:

See http://irishcar.com/ICOimages/fkeanegall

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement