Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Blue is a kind of a traditional colour for the BMW Z-series, but I was really impressed by the gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

First one of these I've seen in the flesh, and it's just as ugly as in the pictures. Having said that, I thought the wheels were nice, as was the interior, and I guess the front isn't too bad either.

DSC003141.jpg

DSC003131.jpg

DSC003121.jpg

DSC003151-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

^^^ 84 grand before options :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

SuprSi wrote: »
    First one of these I've seen in the flesh, and it's just as ugly as in the pictures. Having said that, I thought the wheels were nice, as was the interior, and I guess the front isn't too bad either.

Nice find. I actually like the front but the back looks like an old Corolla liftback though:(

TOYOTA_Corolla-Liftback-1992_main.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

That's a car belonging to BMW Ireland - the URL on the numberplate gives it away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

The 5 GT shares the same wheelbase as the F01 7 series and it also comes with most of the same toys. So when you fully kit one out, your still coming out cheaper than a boggo spec 7 and it has the same amount of room and the same interior materials too.

Puts the price in perspective. Having said that, a fully specced 5GT does not look like a €100,000 car. It looks like a school run-about.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Having said that, a fully specced 5GT does not look like a €100,000 car. It looks like a school run-about.

Agreed, it does have an estate wagon quality to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ber

On the Naas road, inbound, after the Red cow, this morning, sorry about quality, camera phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

This was parked in my garage a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I really don't understand what the GT 5 series is about? Why would you buy it over a touring?

Wheels would look nice on something else though.

S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

fjon wrote: »
    This was parked in my garage a few days ago.

have seen it around town. just curious, any idea who owns it? (from the reg)

edit: sorry could have been this one

dsc00296v1.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

dudara wrote: »
    Agreed, it does have an estate wagon quality to it.

I was at Goodwood in July and it was unveiled there. Brutal looking thing. I think BMW have lost the plot with some of their recent offerings. X1, X3, this GT, being examples.

have seen it around town. just curious, any idea who owns it? (from the reg)

edit: sorry could have been this one

dsc00296v1.th.jpg

Odd, one has the reg JSY 8 and the other has JSY 9.
    JSY could stand for Jersey? I don't really know

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Its more than likely Personal Reg plates, Alan Sugar has AMS 1, it could be a Chauffer company based in the UK called Jersey and thats number 8 and 9 of thier Phantoms!

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Its more than likely Personal Reg plates, Alan Sugar has AMS 1, it could be a Chauffer company based in the UK called Jersey and thats number 8 and 9 of thier Phantoms!

Quite likely! Wonder do they have 7 more? :eek:
    Seems they/he also have a Porsche 911 with "JSY 11"

JSY 11 is a Freelander
    JSY 10 is a Freelander
    JSY 9 is a Phantom
    JSY 5 is a Bently Continental
    JSY 4 is a Golf!
    JSY 3 is a BMW 5 Series
    JSY 2 is a Freelander

Not that much of a trend! Funnily though, JSY 8 isn't showing up anything

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

JSY 11 is a Freelander
    JSY 10 is a Freelander
    JSY 5 is a Bently Continental
    JSY 4 is a Golf!
    JSY 3 is a BMW 5 Series
    JSY 2 is a Freelander

Not that much of a trend! Funnily though, JSY 8 isn't showing up anything

JSY??

JSY??
    On the previous page there was two Phantoms, JSY 8 & 9, i was curious what was 1-7!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Geoff845

one belongs to a property guy in the city. one of the lads said he had 2 RR's and I didn't believe him but seeing those reg plates, now I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I lived in Jersey for a while and a guy on Gurnsey has the number plate "911" on his then 933 Porsche GT2...... special plates are worth a fortune over there. Madness.

• Advertisement

Saw two nice 'uns today...

3.5 Z4

17102009001.jpg

17102009002.jpg

17102009003.jpg

The ultimate Jap car... ah some day

17102009006.jpg

17102009007.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Saw two nice 'uns today...

3.5 Z4

The ultimate Jap car... ah some day

I think I love you, for this post.
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

In Jersey back in 2001 they reissued cherished numbers and a special series JSY with up to three numerals was available for purchase.This information comes from The Interpol Guide to Vehicle Registration Plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Heres a car that i honestly thought i'd never see on an Irish plate (whilst hogging the outside lane :mad:)

renop.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Heres a car that i honestly thought i'd never see on an Irish plate (whilst hogging the outside lane :mad:)

I'm sure (at least) every Renault dealer registered one so don't understand how you thought you'd never see one with an Irish plate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

renop.jpg

49k for one of them? They won't be selling too many of them i'd say. Who in their right mind would pay 49k euros for a Renault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

junkyard wrote: »
    49k for one of them? They won't be selling too many of them i'd say. Who in their right mind would pay 49k euros for a Renault?

Yeah but it's got two exhausts so it MUST be fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I've seen one before (might have been previous model thou), they are quite nice looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

junkyard wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek:

I'd say you'd get 26k for it on a trade in now....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I took a pic of an E30 320is near Stephens Green SC this evening - will try upload it later!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement