Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

Someone must have lifted the 500 onto the kerb:mad: hope it aint damaged

nice clean db7 vantage

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

anyone know what this is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Is it a oul lancia. Im sure their is better experts than me..

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭scooters

It's a eastern european fso.

Seen it about in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

voteforpedro

I think it may be a TATA if I remember correctly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

If you didn't blank the reg we could just go to motorcheck.ie and tell you!

I have no idea why people block a reg...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

steve06 wrote: »

Criminals who would create false plates and commit traffic offences and more srious crimes, have to go out and find a car with the same make model and colour in car parks and on the road unless they see one on the internet. Its a lot easier to find pictures on the net than see them in real life, esp performance cars in Ireland!

If you didn't blank the reg we could just go to motorcheck.ie and tell you!

Well if someone posted a picture of my car here with plates shown their would be heads rolling;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Actually could it be a Talbot? Tagora?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

scooters wrote: »

Seen it about in Dublin

A wheelbarrow with those exhausts

105984.jpg

• Advertisement

Criminals who would create false plates and commit traffic offences and more srious crimes, have to go out and find a car with the same make model and colour in car parks and on the road unless they see one on the internet. Its a lot easier to find pictures on the net than see them in real life, esp performance cars in Ireland!
    Since when is a tata a performance car? If someone wanted a plate they'd get it! Most of the time you just have to look on any classifieds website.

Since when is a tata a performance car? If someone wanted a plate they'd get it! Most of the time you just have to look on any classifieds website.

Didnt read the bit about the tata, just saw you saying you had no idea why anyone would blank out a reg, and helping you out with the info!

I saw a programme about 2 weeks ago where a member of the HSV forums had his monaro reg copied and forged from an internet picture and put on a nearly identical stolen monaro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭positron

Since when is a tata a performance car?

Since they bought Jaguar...! ;)

Didnt read the bit about the tata, just saw you saying you had no idea why anyone would blank out a reg, and helping you out with the info!

I saw a programme about 2 weeks ago where a member of the HSV forums had his monaro reg copied and forged from an internet picture and put on a nearly identical stolen monaro.
    I know why some people do it, I just don't see the point because a reg can be got if someone really wants it.

I know why some people do it, I just don't see the point because a reg can be got if someone really wants it.

This is true but if I was a criminal looking to clone numberplates to disguise a stolen car, avoid paying the tolls etc, I would check online for picture of cars that matched mine before I started checking out the car parks or paying for info. Therefore it would be more likely that if your numberplate is readily available in pictures online, that your car would be cloned. Blocking the reg simply reduces the risk to the same level that everyone faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

And back to the cars . . .no reg plates on this to worry about anyway :pac:
    A ferrari 360 GT testing at Kirkistown yesterday.

P1010799.jpg

Plus a short 10 second video of the noise of it through Debtors (if mods dont mind) - mighty sound :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQQP_sa3D7w

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

So you're saying that another Aston Martin DB7 owner would likely create false plates had they not been blocked in those pictures?

Seriously stupid theories. Some people are really clueless when it comes to this subject, afraid that because plates are visible any criminal will be able to track them down, kill their family and rob their car. If a criminal wants a plate number they will get it. Look on Carzone FFS. If you don't want your plates to be seen then don't drive your car in public.
    malcox wrote: »
    Well if someone posted a picture of my car here with plates shown their would be heads rolling;)

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Come on lads - start a new thread on this will ya!

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    So you're saying that another Aston Martin DB7 owner would likely create false plates had they not been blocked in those pictures?

Seriously stupid theories. Some people are really clueless when it comes to this subject, afraid that because plates are visible any criminal will be able to track them down, kill their family and rob their car. If a criminal wants a plate number they will get it. Look on Carzone FFS. If you don't want your plates to be seen then don't drive your car in public.

Why?

I wouldnt put my car on carzone for a start. If someone else does thats up to them. I hope your not calling me clueless btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

1st time for me to spot a Porsche Panemara S around Trinity college, black in color, not as bad in the flesh as it is in the images, still not pretty though :p

Light blue/silver kind of colored M3, nice sound from it. Was E90/91? the coupe model anyway.

And if I had images I wouldn't see the point blanking out the reg of them :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

PrettyBoy wrote: »

Why?
    I wouldnt put my car on carzone for a start. If someone else does thats up to them. I hope your not calling me clueless btw.

I know this discussion started a page or two ago, but if anyone wishes to continue it you can start a new thread. This isn't the place for it.
    Cheers

[edit] Here's the thread.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

20632350479777268538517.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Only nice colour the Veyron comes in IMO, and anyone else think Batmobile as they saw the Lambo? :D

Nice pic though.

Is that Lambo the Revention or just got the paint job?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Nice pic though.
    Nice car park!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

No reventon has a more eh.. pointy nose on it and slightly different lights.
    Matt black on a hyper car is just cool :D.

Great pic antodeco

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

There was an AMG two cars up from it. I thought I got it in the photo. Had the hotel porter slowly walking up to me, so had to be sneaky! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Thanks for the picture antodeco, I was there just before Christmas and that Lambo was there as well as a different Veyron and an Enzo.
    anyone else think Batmobile as they saw the Lambo? :D

You wouldn't be thinking that if you saw the interior!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Is it a oul lancia. Im sure their is better experts than me..

Nope.
    scooters wrote: »

Seen it about in Dublin

Close, but no.

The name sounds the same, but it's actually a Tatra. I've seen that exact one myself before around the Dublin 6 area.

Ask the lads over on the classic car forum and they'll be able to tell you more about it.
    Actually could it be a Talbot? Tagora?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Jesus, I didn't even see the Veyron beside the Lambo LP640-4....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement