Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FunkyExige

True, but I'd say a LP670-4 SV will be worth more than a reventon in 8-10 years.

The only Lambo that has really gone up in value that I know of is the Miura P400 SV.

Depending on the end result of how many lpsv's are built i agree. They will definitly have gone up in value from their sale price now in a few years i would think. Alot of special edition lambos are worth more then they sold for. Mostly last run versions. But then again they are a small manufacturer compared to porsche and ferarri so in % produced terms would be on par. Then again i would consider koinsegg and zonda in a different spectrum. But that being said the egg has dropped vaule much more then the zonda. I still think those two cars will be more liek the f1 value in 10-20 years time. Along with the enzo/cgt/lp's being slightly below it on the special value scale :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

FunkyExige wrote: »
    Depending on the end result of how many lpsv's are built i agree. They will definitly have gone up in value from their sale price now in a few years i would think. Alot of special edition lambos are worth more then they sold for. Mostly last run versions. But then again they are a small manufacturer compared to porsche and ferarri so in % produced terms would be on par. Then again i would consider koinsegg and zonda in a different spectrum. But that being said the egg has dropped vaule much more then the zonda. I still think those two cars will be more liek the f1 value in 10-20 years time. Along with the enzo/cgt/lp's being slightly below it on the special value scale :P

Well there are (apparently) 350 SV's out there, but several of them are still sitting on showroom floors. Same story with every other "special edition" Lambo - Superleggera, Nera, Balboni and Versace (:pac:), etc. These have all struggled in terms of sales, despite the fact that they are there purely to boost the sales of the Gallardo/Murcielago.

No Koenigsegg will be worth more than an Enzo in 5/10/20 years time. Koenigsegg are constantly releasing different variations of the original CC model (CC8S/CCR/CCX/CCX Edition/CCXR/CCXR Edition/Agera). Every time they do release a new, tweaked model it hit's the value of the previous one. Keep in mind that the CC first appeared in 1998. In twelve years and eight models they have never appreciated in value. I really can't see it happening in the next twelve. In fact, I don't think Koenigsegg will still be making cars in twelve years.

Pagani, however, will still be around IMO. They have really done a superb job in developing the Zonda over the years. They have now retired the Zonda and are currently developing an all-new model - new chassis, new engine, new design, new everything. The Zonda S has suffered very little depreciation, it's holding on to it's value while the Zonda F and Cinque models are actually appreciating. A used Zonda F Clubsport is in or around the same money as a used Enzo, whereas a used Koenigseggs are closer to used Carrera GT's.

I expect the Carrera GT's will slowly appreciate in the years to come but they will not reach Enzo money, ever. There are simply too many of them (1250 CGT's to 400-ish Enzo's). It's hard to say what the SV market will be like in the years to come because no Murcielago variation has ever appreciated in value. I'll be interested to see what they're going for in 2-3 years time after the new Lamborghini V12 arrives. They will NEVER come close to Enzo money though, anyone who thinks they will is dreaming.

The four Ferrari flagship models (GTO, F40, F50, Enzo) will continue to appreciate in value over the coming years, that I'm certain about. Same goes for the McLaren F1.

[/thread hijack]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

New DS3 this morning

phototi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

mcauley wrote: »

4457384902_08c0d3bb72_b.jpg

Just to come back to my own photo for a moment, could anybody shed any light on why the Convertible S5 gets a turbo charged V6 - but the Coupé gets a V8? :confused:

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Well there are (apparently) 350 SV's out there, but several of them are still sitting on showroom floors. Same story with every other "special edition" Lambo - Superleggera, Nera, Balboni and Versace (:pac:), etc. These have all struggled in terms of sales, despite the fact that they are there purely to boost the sales of the Gallardo/Murcielago.

The thing you're forgetting though - some of the special edition models are sold direct to customers and never hit the public domain until they're for sale at a higher premium than what they sold for, so they have risen in value. Special edition Gallardo's wont appreciate in value because quantity is too high the bits that make them a 'special edition' aren't really that special at all. With the Murci, the SV will increase in value as the years go on. With a few crashing and numbers dropping, you'll always have cars that haven't been tracked and are garage queens. They'll stand out in the crowd and will definitely be worth more than what what they are now.

Muira's have gone up in value a lot, Diablo 6.0's are slowly rising and Countach's are holding value well. Compare these to Ferrari's of similar age etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

Just to come back to my own photo for a moment, could anybody shed any light on why the Convertible S5 gets a turbo charged V6 - but the Coupé gets a V8? :confused:

The V6 engine was only recently released around the same time as the convertible A5 and the new S4 but two years after the S5 coupe. The coupe already had the V8 so they will probably keep it until a facelift is due maybe next year and then replace it with the V6.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Ahhh! Makes sense. . .

Thanks Conneem!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Some oul one got out of this in Stillorgan Shopping centre. Had an AMG badge on the back. Nice car!

[IMG][/img]Merc.jpg

And some oul Fella got out of this again in Stillorgan. Nice V8 noise of this one...Had a 4.2 badge on the back
    Jag.jpg

The thing you're forgetting though - some of the special edition models are sold direct to customers and never hit the public domain until they're for sale at a higher premium than what they sold for, so they have risen in value.
    The base price for an SV in the US is $450,000, not including options like matt paint or the oversized wing. I'm struggling to find one that's priced above MSRP. I know a well known Lamborghini dealer/collector in the US bought what he claimed was the most expensive SV of them all (fully loaded, $500K) just over a month ago and sold it over the weekend at a small loss. Please post a link of a car that is advertised above MSRP.
    With the Murci, the SV will increase in value as the years go on. With a few crashing and numbers dropping, you'll always have cars that haven't been tracked and are garage queens. They'll stand out in the crowd and will definitely be worth more than what what they are now.

Unlikely IMO, but I guess time will tell. The Murcielago replacement won't be doing it any favors though.
    Muira's have gone up in value a lot, Diablo 6.0's are slowly rising and Countach's are holding value well. Compare these to Ferrari's of similar age etc...
    250 GTO, Lusso, 512 BB, Daytona, 288 GTO, F40, F50 -- was that a joke?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

I wish i did see this today,does it get any better, well apart from the fact that she was going driving it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

itsjaybud wrote: »
    I wish i did see this today,does it get any better, well apart from the fact that she was going driving it!

I'd love a ride in those!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I'd tap it! Twice!

Then take the car for a spin :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Me too! :D

She is good at parking too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Also despite the T it is actually supercharged if i remember rightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just saw a Porsche 924 Turbo in Chawkes filling station in Limerick.

Took a pic of the rear of the car

I regularly see these two parked in Rathfarnham Shopping Centre, but I only got around to taking pictures this week. I assume they both belong to the same owner.

dsc06030.jpg
    dsc06021b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I'm surprised that they managed to sell all 20 original Reventons, but it turns out that most of them went to speculators who thought they could sell the car immediately after delivery (at least 15 of the 20 Reventons have been offered for sale) and make a tidy profit. Well, that didn't work out and now it looks like most learned their lesson first time round.

The Reventon is a joke among supercar owners/enthusiasts. How can Ferrari sell 400+ Enzo's without customers even seeing what it looks like, yet Lamborghini can't sell 20 Reventon Roadsters months after its unveiling?

The €1.7 Million price tag sounds like a joke, no wonder nobody takes this car seriously.

The Enzo came out 2002-2004 during the middle of a worldwide credit boom,the Reventon was announced in 2007 at the start of the world wide recession.
    Lessons are never learned when it comes to this type of speculation,same thing happened back in the late 80s with supercars,Jag xj220 is an example.
    And it will probably happen again in 20 years time with the next generation of 'know it alls'.

hi5 wrote: »
    The Enzo came out 2002-2004 during the middle of a worldwide credit boom,the Reventon was announced in 2007 at the start of the world wide recession.
    Lessons are never learned when it comes to this type of speculation,same thing happened back in the late 80s with supercars,Jag xj220 is an example.
    And it will probably happen again in 20 years time with the next generation of 'know it alls'.

Well, we're in the worst recession in recent memory and Ferrari are about to introduce the limited edition GTO model, based on the 599. The car is priced at $470,000 USD but all 599 of them have been sold, most of the customers hadn't even seen the car before they put their money down. Now, how can Ferrari sell 400+ Enzo's during the good times and 599 GTO's during the dire times, both sight unseen before they are even announced, yet Lamborghini have only sold nine or ten Reventon Roadsters in six months?

You're saying that the reason Lamborghini are struggling to sell these Roadsters is because of the global recession - these cars are aimed at people that don't know what a recession is; Hugely wealthy individuals in the likes of Hong Kong, Singapore, Monaco, the Arab Emirates and even new-money Russia. The US market is secondary these days. Are you saying Lamborghini can't find 20 people that aren't suffering from this recession? Believe me, they're out there. They sold out of the original Reventon quick enough, but now the individuals that bought them first-time round have learned their lesson. They bought a ridiculous, over-priced kit car with mediocre performance that fell like a brick in value -- why would they go and buy another one??

What about that Arab guy that bought ten Aston Martin One-77's a few weeks ago at a cost of $23 Million? Some recession he's having :pac: Then there's Porsche - they unveiled the Porsche 918 Spyder concept a few weeks ago and stated that they will build the car only if they get 1,000 firm orders. A few weeks later and they're over half-way there with 500+ orders already. Lamborghini said they would build the Miura concept if there was sufficient interest - turns out there was no interest, so the car was never built. They said they would build the limited edition Gallardo Concept S in 2007 at a cost of $700,000 - again, no interest, so the car was never built.

Lamborghini really need to come up with something special if they want to stick around. Their sales are WAY down and the money is not there. So much so that when Valentino Balboni was retiring, they said they would not give him a car because they could not afford to give one away. A lot of car enthusiasts were shocked that Lamborghini would name a car after him as a marketing stunt but they would not give one to him upon his retirement, despite him acting as an ambassador for the company for the last four decades and gaining a huge following in the car community.

Anyways, at the end of the day, Ferrari are in a different league than Lamborghini. Anything Ferrari touches turns to gold, everyone wants the latest Ferrari, no matter what it looks like or what it costs.

Ferrari enthusiasts and lamborghini enthusiasts are different people. Of course Ferrari will always sell, because it's a brand!

Lamborghini will always sell too, but to a different type of customer than ferrari have! And all the reventon roadsters have been sold!

Ferrari enthusiasts and lamborghini enthusiasts are different people.
    Not really. Not sure exactly what you mean by enthusiasts but most Lamborghini owners also own, or have owned, a Ferrari
    Of course Ferrari will always sell, because it's a brand!
    What? Lamborghini isn't a brand? :confused:
    Lamborghini will always sell too, but to a different type of customer than ferrari have!
    Well they're not selling at the moment.
    And all the reventon roadsters have been sold!
    Where did you hear this? Can you post a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Lads, if you want to discuss this further, start a new thread. This isn't the place for it.

Lads, if you want to discuss this further, start a new thread. This isn't the place for it.

Apologies.

Back on topic, I saw a white Porsche 997 and black Audi R8 within 10 minutes of each other in Rathfarnham today. At first I thought the Porsche was a GT3 but I think it was just an aero-kit as it didn't have GT3 wheels. The licence plates were blue and had a really unusual font. They looked pretty tacky IMO, but the car itself was pretty decent :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Saw a grey convertible Ford Mustang an hour ago in Castletroy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

cjmcork wrote: »
    saw this in Macroom yesterday - didn't get a pic though.......

Vehicle Description

Registration 08C20008 Make REWACO Model CYCLE Description RF1 0 DR Fuel Type PETROL

in red

saw the same yoke in the Collig yesterday............

cjmcork wrote: »
    saw the same yoke in the Collig yesterday............
    Beach buggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Spotted outside a dog show in Sligo yesterday. Really liking it in white! :cool:

109031.jpg

109032.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

Nice Transit

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

In the car park on a local shopping centre spotted a Aston Martin Vanquish. Couldn't take a pic as was gone past before I spotted what it was.

Pretty much same as this one;

SC06_Aston_Martin_Vanquish_black.jpg

This evening in Rathfarnham Shopping Centre, a blue BMW X5 and a black Merc ML parked beside eachother - nothing special but they both had 22" Kahn (sp?) wheels. Very Premiership footballer-ish :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Saw 04- or 05-D Mercedes E55 AMG yesterday on Tallaght, nice engine sound

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement