Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Very clean green Focus RS in clondalkin last night.. On english plates..

Saw that on Friday coming up the N8 by Durrow towards Dublin.

Hard to miss it. Happened to see it as I was passing a house that had a Mk1 Focus RS in the drive

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Few more of the 997 C4S... can't stop looking at the pics..

22.JPG

28.JPG

36.JPG

44.JPG

34.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Very clean green Focus RS in clondalkin last night.. On english plates..

Didn't have an "R-plate" by any chance ?

Would be this one:

0123.jpg

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Rovi wrote: »
    Looks to me like an AC Aceca, the coupe version of the AC Ace, itself the car Carroll Shelby shoehorned a big Ford V8 into in pursuit of Le Mans glory, creating automotive history in the process.

I would have guessed that it was a Bristol, but it does appear to be an AC. Good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

First off, the ultra rare Passat GT TDI
    1274784905054205000.jpg

The great thing about this is they made it look like a Passat Base (wheel trims, no chrome etc) but left the GT badge on! Sleeper look!

sorry it's so far away, I couldn't keep up with it.

Next, a Nissan Primera tuned by TRD (Toyota Racing Developments)
    1274784744014635000.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

colm_mcm wrote: »
    tuned by TRD (Toyota Racing Developments)

I always thought those TRD stickers stood for Total Retard Driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Two E92 M3's, both white and both on English plates on a car transporter at the Red Cow this morning. Think one was a 4 door.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Tasty Mustang.
    115048.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

E-Type Jag in Newbridge this morning. ZV reg.
    Didn't get a pic but it looked like this...

jaguar_65_e_type_series_1_red_ss011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Saw one of these today, couldn't believe it!

110.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

omg what is this :?: sorry but it's look like nissan almera or what the other nissan is :?: primera :?: i see somethink like this everyday... i mean nissan :P if it's some "exotic" then sorry. :) this is only my opinion and you don't have to agree with me :)

Saw a LHD Cayenne Turbo on German plates in Rathfarnham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

a mystery for hwist,

my dad saw a car on the m1,he described it as looking like a 1970s formula 1 car,it had a yellow nose and he said it was a lotus colour so i assume it was racing green, it was a 2 seater,my nan is 82 and she noticed it!
    any ideas as to what it was??

im thinking a caterham,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

bladebrew wrote: »
    a mystery for hwist,

my dad saw a car on the m1,he described it as looking like a 1970s formula 1 car,it had a yellow nose and he said it was a lotus colour so i assume it was racing green, it was a 2 seater,my nan is 82 and she noticed it!
    any ideas as to what it was??

im thinking a caterham,
    caterham would be my guess too.

caterham_seven_28_06_06.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

ahhh,the yellow nose makes a lot more sense now! that is it id say,

Photos from Punchestown... nothing special, cause i had problem with camera and i'm angry... no nice photos but here is few better :/

12931383.jpg
    37527941.jpg
    73239697.jpg
    74228327.jpg
    48062453.jpg
    62062769.jpg
    70421868.jpg
    29427603.jpg
    72812880.jpg
    69109659.jpg
    28111464.jpg
    58541964.jpg
    44773062.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

That RX7 is a lovely machine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Damien360

I think I saw you taking the pictures of the citroen. Nothing special at all. Just a stereo on wheels. RX-7's and skylines were only things worth looking at. Main event was good but the commentry just dragged on and on.

The next event is in Citywest on 27th and 28th June. Very hard to justify 50 euro family ticket. I got mine for free so I brought the young lad. He was disappointed there were no Impreza's. No matter what I told him he expected a subaru fest like you see in Mondello race days.

Black SLR McLaren heading towards Dundrum at around 11 this morning.

Not exotic, but of interest to BMW heads. This seems to be a new style alloy from BMW (spotted in Portadown BMW today). They had them on another 3 series inside the showroom and they look stunning.

newalloys.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Yeah they replaced these on the option menu for the M-Sport cars

2427615009_1d20390051_b.jpg

I WAYYYY prefer the old ones!!!

Damien360 wrote: »
    I think I saw you taking the pictures of the citroen. Nothing special at all. Just a stereo on wheels. RX-7's and skylines were only things worth looking at. Main event was good but the commentry just dragged on and on. The next event is in Citywest on 27th and 28th June. Very hard to justify 50 euro family ticket.
    All of those shows are a complete and utter rip off, I can't believe the price of the tickets for these things. Can't understand why people would pay just to see a few cars going sideways either but that's a discussion for another day.
    Hogzy wrote: »
    I WAYYYY prefer the old ones!!!
    +1. I can't believe they would replace those! By far the best wheel design for the 3 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

Not exotic, but of interest to BMW heads. This seems to be a new style alloy from BMW (spotted in Portadown BMW today). They had them on another 3 series inside the showroom and they look stunning.

is that a special m sport too with the CF?

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    All of those shows are a complete and utter rip off, I can't believe the price of the tickets for these things. Can't understand why people would pay just to see a few cars going sideways either but that's a discussion for another day.

It's not like that... Last year there was more nice cars, not only drift car but something like show cars and I was there to took photo of this cars, drift it's only by the way. but this year it's was very bad. i regret i spend 20 euro for this... :/ i heard next event in citywest in dublin in june will be combine with modified live:(found this on other web):

Rounds 3 & 4: June 25th/26th/27th CityWest Double Header, Co.Dublin.
    So good we’re going there twice! The half way point of the 2010 season will mark Prodrift’s first ever competitive appearance in the capital, CityWest, Dublin. Home of Irelands largest Hotel, Event Centre and leisure facilities, Prodrift at CityWest will be the “must attend” event of 2010. Twinned with the Modified Live exhibition, this new venue will host the most impressive weekend of motoring action in Ireland this year as Prodrift deliver a double header championship event. Spread over 3 days, all classes will enjoy a brand new layout and format at Prodrift Rounds 3 & 4.

I think I will go there only for Modified... if this is lik ModifiedMotorsLive, is anyone know what mean Modified Live exhibition :?:

+1. I can't believe they would replace those! By far the best wheel design for the 3 series.

It's look like AMG wheels :| They could invent their own shape... I think they need new, fresh designer. I'm available from today for only 750 per week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I think there were loads of issues with premature tyre wear with those wheels. Maybe that is why they replaced the wheels?

I think there were loads of issues with premature tyre wear with those wheels. Maybe that is why they replaced the wheels?
    Too bad. I think these new ones look too close to the M6 wheel design which every second 3 series seems to be sporting these days thanks to cheap replicas. The other ones were sporty and tasteful.
    It's not like that... Last year there was more nice cars, not only drift car but something like show cars and I was there to took photo of this cars, drift it's only by the way. but this year it's was very bad. i regret i spend 20 euro for this... :/
    I've been to plenty of these shows - ProDrift, 100% Modified, Modified Motors Live, etc - and every one of them is overpriced and underwhelming. I like modified cars but like Skylines and RX-7's but I dont want to see a Citroen Saxo or Seat Ibiza with a tacky paintjob and 10 subwoofers in the back and these seem to dominate these kinds of shows.

That ALMC (sp?) one from a few weeks ago looked pretty good and they didn't charge you €20-€50. I think you should save your money next time.

I think you should save your money next time.

You right... I'll save money for holidays €20 is 1/50 part of my hols price :D And this year I planing go for Top Gear Live I've never been there. My hols are coming in August but there no cars to spot only sun, beach and sea :D in September/October go for another hols for car spotting and again sun, beach and sea and of course supercars :D

By the way tomorrow I'll go to city centre for spotting, I hope i'll spot something nice if the weather will be nice without rain. Maybe new photos tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Vauxhall Monaro
    photo4small.jpg

Smart Brabus Raodster
    photo2small.jpg

Smart Fortwo
    photosmall.jpg

Jag XJL
    photo3smallt.jpg

Gorgeous brunette driving a grey Bentley GTC near Rathfarnham Village yesterday afternoon.

• Advertisement

Nice spot with the XJL!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement