Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

RedorDead wrote: »
    No offence taken - but Mercedes will sell in excess of 1000 E Class this year - thats more than Toyota will sell of Auris, Nissan will sell of Micra or Skoda will sell of Superb.

And - in the good years BMW sold 600-700 X5 a year - albeit admittedly not all in white ;)

Have to agree with you there. This thread has gone disastrously downhill over the last few months with differing ideas of what is deserving to go here. This thread is for rare and exotic cars that users have spotted. But, proper judgement needs to be afforded, at this stage and Fiat Uno is rare. Some of the jap stuff and the likes of 'run of the mill' cars like new E-classes and X5's are not worth being posted here. I always try my best to post rare and exotic cars (lambo's, astons, Audi RS's, AMGs etc..) and that is what people want to see, not supras, seras or celicas. Rant over.

Heres what I saw today:

Cayman S
    Image0197.jpg

Volante
    Image0196.jpg

Badly timed photo of a 612
    Image0198.jpg

Saw this beauty same place as last week. Worth one more photo.
    Image0192.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I cant decide which to buy. The Cayman or the Volante. :D

LOL LINK FAIL! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Berty wrote: »

Fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Berty wrote: »

The Cayman is absolutely rubbish in Ireland. It's suspension is so hard, that it's impossible to drive anywhere. Just my 2c.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Have you driven one? I have and its perfectly comfortable on Irish roads.

Yep, I have. And it certainly doesn't suit Galway roads. Then again, it could just be me being spoiled with the M5 :)

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Wes430

Lauder wrote: »
    Have to agree with you there. This thread has gone disastrously downhill over the last few months with differing ideas of what is deserving to go here. This thread is for rare and exotic cars that users have spotted. But, proper judgement needs to be afforded, at this stage and Fiat Uno is rare. Some of the jap stuff and the likes of 'run of the mill' cars like new E-classes and X5's are not worth being posted here. I always try my best to post rare and exotic cars (lambo's, astons, Audi RS's, AMGs etc..) and that is what people want to see, not supras, seras or celicas. Rant over.

Heres what I saw today:

Cayman S
    Image0197.jpg

Volante
    Image0196.jpg

Badly timed photo of a 612
    Image0198.jpg

Saw this beauty same place as last week. Worth one more photo.
    Image0192.jpg

That ain't a 612 its a Ferrari 599 gtb.Nice spotting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Lauder wrote: »

Completely agree with you Lauder, looking back through this thread you can really see how good it used to be. Honestly, who cares about a Honda jeep in Lithuania or an Opel Corsa with a Type R badge? Spotted threads have always been about rare and exotic cars, that's how this thread took off in the first place.

I'm sure someones about to start bitching over the last few posts...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Right this has been covered already lads. Enough of the whining.

If you see something interesting then post a pic. It's almost impossible to moderate this, some people may consider a car interesting and worthy to post and others may not. That's just life.

Any more of this and people get infracted/banned.
    Enough of the bitching. There are no real guidelines to what is "acceptable" to post. If you see something interesting and have a pic post it! Why complicate things!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Marlow wrote: »
    The Cayman is absolutely rubbish in Ireland. It's suspension is so hard, that it's impossible to drive anywhere. Just my 2c.

/M

Heard the same thing from an owner up here in Louth, but was more of a comment on all sports cars. The roads would rattle your bones he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

First time posting on this thread so hope this is keeping within the theme. First one I'd seen that wasn't a photo anyway. :)

117916.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Top Dog wrote: »
    First time posting on this thread so hope this is keeping within the theme. First one I'd seen that wasn't a photo anyway. :)

Great spot.

IMHO it's one of the best looking new cars in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

It also won most beautiful car of the year!

http://www.festivalautomobile.com/gb/plus-belle-voiture/resultat.php

It's nice looking but still looks like a TT to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I think it's fantastic looking. It looks like a concept car that would never make it to production. Fair play to peugot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

It's not bad, but it's a bit too smiley/suprised for my liking. I'd prefer an angrier face. I think it'll definitely pull a few of the mini/TT brigade though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It's not bad, but it's a bit too smiley/suprised for my liking. I'd prefer an angrier face. I think it'll definitely pull a few of the mini/TT brigade though.

Have you ever looked at the front of your own car lad??? It's like this....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

117916.jpg

hmmm audi tt springs to mind ,another original design :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Don't hold too much hope for Peugeot's future designs lads, there's a 207 sedan coming soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

dont think they have any nice cars at all ,and ment to be really crap unreliable cars ,
    id a mate who worked as a peugeot mechanic always told me their not worth a p**s

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I saw one a few weeks ago, beautiful looking car. But the rear does look like an Audi TT...and the front like a 207cc!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

dont think they have any nice cars at all ,and ment to be really crap unreliable cars ,
    id a mate who worked as a peugeot mechanic always told me their not worth a p**s

Any mechanic that I know that works for a specific marque says the same. They deal with broken ones everyday, of course they'd say it :p

On the car itself, squint your eyes and I can see a a TT side window line and front, doesn't make it any less gorgeous IMO though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Any mechanic that I know that works for a specific marque says the same. They deal with broken ones everyday, of course they'd say it :p

My local mechanic was ex-Honda. He had 2 of them and raved about the engineering (almost as much as I did).

RCZ is a lovely looking car, if a bit derivative. Still wouldn't drive one if I was given it for free though. I love the blurb on it:
    A concentrate of emotions sublimating the values of the Peugeot Brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cvisser

anyone know the RRP, was looking on Carzone and there is 5 2010's there and all POA. and do they only come in a 2.0 HDI, !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

cvisser wrote: »
    they only come in a 2.0 HDI, !!!

:eek:

That's like scoring with the most beautiful woman you've ever seen, only to find out he's a builder and his name is Alan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭notel70

image of pug

i think thats red rotten, maybe one for the chick/hiardressers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

cvisser wrote: »
    anyone know the RRP, was looking on Carzone and there is 5 2010's there and all POA. and do they only come in a 2.0 HDI, !!!

There was one on show at the rds a few weeks ago, there's a 1.6 turbo petrol and 2.0 Diesel. The salesman said they'd be around 40k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hardware_king

stimpson wrote: »
    101_0044.jpg

In Cork over the weekend on a stag and this pulled up outside our bedroom window - obviously a good omen - a Holden SS 5.7 litre V8 ute.

2 friendly aussies proceeded to remove several slabs of beer from the back and brought them into the room next door. Only thing they were short of was a barbie. It was bound to be a savage weekend :D

I think I seen that in blanchardstown SC last week too, some growl out of it.

Also the gold Holden posted on the page before I seen in blanchardstown SC also a few months back.

I'd imagine they are the same ones, they're cant be too many around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Sry quality is so crappy

4735994176_cdb46c156e_z.jpg

Alpina wheels and badges - not sure if it is the real thing or not
    4735994040_4b89ab505a_z.jpg

Saw this on the N7
    4735993474_cd49dc8d7a_z.jpg
    4735993220_331c8db4e0_z.jpg
    4735992984_7661259a49_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

The BMW is a 525d. Think it was put up in the thread before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Great thing about those Holden ute's is the cheap-ish tax (commercial)!

There is a black one in Mullingar I see occasionally. Never managed to get a pic of it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Great thing about those Holden ute's is the cheap-ish tax (commercial)!

There is a black one in Mullingar I see occasionally. Never managed to get a pic of it though.

There's a red one down in Limerick as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement