Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

Hogzy wrote: »
    lol

Do you not see the similarity. The silver one is an older model.
    Have a gander at this

Their cars in the 50's and 60's must be some of the most beautiful ever. That 1960 convertible is simply gorgeous.

After that though, it all goes rather pear-shaped for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭RobertM

Alfameet034.jpg
    Alfameet023.jpg
    Alfameet017.jpg
    Alfameet021.jpg
    Alfameet028.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

There were a few classic cars in Dundrum Town Centre today, a few old Rollers, MG's, Merc's and a nice black Corvette (74 I think). They're probably still there if anyone is in the area and wants to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

On the Champs-Élysées last weekend, stunning.
    4850725011_4a9ae7eae4_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Nice... I'd imagine that the driver needs a towel to clean the forehead marks of the windows and drool off the body :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No pic unfortunately but I met a red SLS AMG on the road here in Sweden yesterday, first time to see it.

Shortly afterwards I was passed on the motorway by a 911 GT3RS, moments later we were both passed by a white Mk 1 Skoda Fabia estate which was more brown with rust, I'm sure the Porsche driver was impressed. :)

Quite a few Porsche Panameras on the road here also, dreadful looking blob of a motor car.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

spuddy wrote: »
    On the Champs-Élysées last weekend, stunning.

Awesome car, although I've just heard someone describe the 458 as a pimped up MR2 !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Saw it the other day just past Dundrum Garda Station, couldn't get into the carpark to take more/better shots, but it's still pretty :)
    DSC00331.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

4852441513_abb963dd9a_b.jpg

I snapped this on El Camino Real in San Juan Bautista

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Need to change my trousers after seeing that 458 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

joolsveer wrote: »
    Snapped in a traffic jam. Any idea what it is?
    Fat, balding American bloke's mid-life crisis purchase? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

Top Dog wrote: »
    Fat, balding American bloke's mid-life crisis purchase? :pac:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that in that yellow and black colour scheme it's a Hertz rental.

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/index.jsp?targetPage=corvettezhz.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

In kilkenny yesterday....

how did they go from making beautiful cras to absolutely hideous ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That looks terrible from that angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭macl

Not one for taking pictures but had to take a picture of these 2 beaut's that I spotted in London this weekend.

Bugati Veyron
    Mercedes SLR Brabus

Bit crazy looking the two of them!

Aside: London is stocked with a1 cars, it got boring seeing astons and bentleys after a day or so

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

who wrapped them in tin foil? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

eoin wrote: »
    That looks terrible from that angle.

Are you implying that there is an angle that makes the 5series gt look good?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Hogzy wrote: »
    Are you implying that there is an angle that makes the 5series gt look good?:eek:
    +1
    there was a recent thread on this, someone posted an image of a turd with a BMW badge, with a slogan "we know that some people will by anything". Pretty apt imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

cjmcork wrote: »
    white 09 Audi TTS on the M8 soon after 4pm yesterday - couldn't get the phone on time to get a pic...........:(

I work with the owner, nice car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    New red Porsche GT3 (2010 model) in Templeogue this morning heading towards Rathfarnham, first one ive seen, looked great.

irish reg?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

122616.jpg
    122617.jpg

Dunno whether this is actually a production car or just a road legal track car.
    122618.jpg
    122620.jpg
    122619.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

that's a radical racer, didn't think they were road legal.

that's an SR3 - http://www.radicalsportscars.com/range/sr3-rs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Where has Marcinek disappeared to lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Saw a 2008 red GT3 on the M50 yesterday. One of the best looking cars Ive seen.

EDIT: Heres me in the car!
    24000_1379325197096_1050871085_1138888_6404755_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I didn't get a pic but I could have sworn I saw a McLaren SLR pass me yesterday (going in the opposite direction) somewhere on the M1/A1. Is there even one in the country or am I going mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Bonito wrote: »
    Where has Marcinek disappeared to lately?

That's nice someone remember me :) i haven't got any occasion to take a new photos, i will go on holidays this saturday but i don't think so i will spot any nice cars, this year hols are only for relax on the beach.

I'll be back in september with new photos from irish road and again nothing until april (in april realy nice cars, you never saw them - i promise)

Sorry for any obstructions :P You may be sure i'll be back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AJ21

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if anyone will remember me but I used to post a lot in this thread under the username 'AJ!'. I haven't posted here in a long time but I think this is a good excuse to start again.

Ferrari 458 Italia

italia01.jpg

italia03.jpg

italia08.jpg

italia06.jpg

One of three in Ireland.

Porsche 997 GT3

gt301.jpg

gt302d.jpg

Ferrari California

california01.jpg

Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

599gtbfiorano01.jpg

Ferrari 575M Maranello

575mmaranello01.jpg

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

612scaglietti01.jpg

Nissan GTR

gtr03.jpg

There were five in total. Three on the forecourt, one in the showroom and one in the service department.

This M3 was finished in 'Frozen Grey'. This picture doesn't do the matte paint any justice.

m301.jpg

Porsche 997 Turbo Cabriolet

turbocabriolet01.jpg

Audi R8 V10

r8v10.jpg

All of these were taken on Boucher Road, Belfast. There were too many cars to photograph, every time I turned around something else was passing by. On the way up to Belfast I saw a brand new red Boxter Spyder with the roof attached. I was behind a dark blue Panamera Turbo for a minute before I saw the GT3. I saw five or six Panamera models during the day. There was a gorgeous GranTurismo S in the Ferrari service department too, white with carbon fiber accents. I didn't manage to get a picture of the new X6M that was ahead of me in traffic either.

Still, the only car I wanted to see was the Italia. The rest were just a bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I know that's not really a first post but..bloody hell, I'm going to say it qualifies as the best first post ever!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement